(ZAO-ADD) Z64 Automated Actor and Object Adder

Jason777

I tried it on an ealier version back up of the rom named Reb.Z64

I think it happened when I last added actors, or groups in either the Deku Tree, or the Lost Woods.

I also found something weird using ZAP2. I don't have time now, but I'll post a pic of that later, or edit this post with it.

Edited:

Here's what I was talking about with ZAP2. Another side note is that I changed two actors in SayakaGL in that same room, but they don't even show up on ZAP2, and when I add their object groups they still do not show up. I decided to use the puzzle I was going for in a different room using ZAP2 and it worked. No other rooms that I've checked so far seem to show weird stuff like that in ZAP2, so the problem might be in that room.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Giadrosich had that same issue awhile ago and had to work around it. Unfortunately, it is an issue with ZAP2, not ZAO-ADD. JSA had explained the error somewhere, but I have forgotten what causes it...

Also, try placing your ROM in a directory where you don't have to use quotations to write its path.

Thanks man! I got it to work.

At first I tried just typing the name of the rom instead of dragging and dropping like I normally do when it ask for the rom. That didn't work and it was on the Desktop. So I moved it into the same folder that ZOA-ADD is located in and typed the name and it worked :)

That one room not working is no big deal either. I've already done plenty to it before.

• 4 weeks later...

Woo, neat. I'm still tinkering with mine. I added a feature which loads a test file to mupen64plus, maybe you can add that in for yours.

Since you're working in Java, maybe we can merge our tools into one super-tool?

I mean, I could make a GUI that people can select either one, and I can add a code to run yours for a test in mupen64plus later? I think I have a class that generates mupen64plus separately.

Having "live tests" as you put it sound pretty cool. After I get the GUI done I'll contact you :)

I don't know why, but I seem to have turned into that "guy" who just runs into any technical issue possible. I don't have a clue as to why, or what I could have done to make the program no longer work on my rom. If you're willing to look at it I can send you my rom, or a patch of my rom. If not it's no problem right now, I know you're probably busy with college. I should be able to work around the problem with ZAP2, and I shouldn't need to use it for the demo mod I'll be releasing, but whenever I decide to do work for the full hack version I'll be out of luck as things are now.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/332tc76.jpg

Also, it turns out the source of this is problem is due to the fact that you're using quotation marks. It would have worked fine if you had just typed in...

ROM : C:\Users\eMachines\Desktop\Zelda Rebirth.Z64

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.