SayakaGL - New Zelda OoT/MM level editor

xdaniel

xDan, have you added a group/object feature that I suggested adding awhile back? :P

Not in ol' Sayaka, but I will do so for Sorata.

Also, the reason why I stayed up until now... 6:25 am, that is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><ActorDefinition Description="Generic actor">  <Item Index="0" Type="System.UInt16" DisplayType="Hexadecimal" Description="Number" Control="System.Windows.Forms.TextBox"></Item>  <Item Index="2" Type="System.Int16" Description="Position on X axis" Mask="FFFF" Control="System.Windows.Forms.TextBox"></Item>  <Item Index="4" Type="System.Int16" Description="Position on Y axis" Mask="FFFF" Control="System.Windows.Forms.TextBox"></Item>  <Item Index="6" Type="System.Int16" Description="Position on Z axis" Mask="FFFF" Control="System.Windows.Forms.TextBox"></Item>  <Item Index="8" Type="System.Int16" Description="Rotation on X axis" Mask="FFFF" Control="System.Windows.Forms.TextBox"></Item>  <Item Index="10" Type="System.Int16" Description="Rotation on Y axis" Mask="FFFF" Control="System.Windows.Forms.TextBox"></Item>  <Item Index="12" Type="System.Int16" Description="Rotation on Z axis" Mask="FFFF" Control="System.Windows.Forms.TextBox"></Item>  <Item Index="14" Type="System.UInt16" DisplayType="Hexadecimal" Description="Generic variable" Control="System.Windows.Forms.TextBox"></Item></ActorDefinition>

...becomes...

Posted Image

What does that mean? External user-editable XML files, which tell the program the makeup of the actor data, according to which it will assemble the actor editing interface. A simple example, take the ambient sound effect actor (0x003B). Instead of all of its data being displayed as numeric values, including IIRC in this actor's case "useless" things like the rotation, this will... or, well, should someday make the program instead only display the actor's number, the position, and a drop-down list of all possible effects - no more (or at least less) messing around with variables and actor lists.

...hope that made sense; again, it's past 6 am now over here, and I'm quite tired :P

EDIT: Sorata & Nanami talk (that is, the program and library :P) continues here: http://www.the-gcn.com/topic/1815-n64zelda-hacking-tools-dlist-conversion-etc/?p=30025

Edited by xdaniel
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

So are there any limitations with this tool?

Or is it a nearly flawless level editor?

Yeah, when will this be updated or is it the final version? I would really want to use this level editor in my project for MM.

The big limitation is that you can only edit, well, what can be edited from inside the program. I mean, you cannot change certain things that would be important, like objects loaded, collision types, etc.

And this here is the last version, it's unlikely I'll still update it: http://magicstone.de/dzd/random/SayakaGL-v011x.rar

The big limitation is that you can only edit, well, what can be edited from inside the program. I mean, you cannot change certain things that would be important, like objects loaded, collision types, etc.

And this here is the last version, it's unlikely I'll still update it: http://magicstone.de/dzd/random/SayakaGL-v011x.rar

so nothing from the level editor can be ported to the ROM? I don't understand really?

I gave examples of what cannot be changed from inside the program, right? Objects loaded, collision types? Those cannot be edited by SayakaGL, you have to use either other level editors or a hex editor for them. Everything you can see in the program - room and transition actors, spawn points, the scene header, what have you - can be edited and saved by SayakaGL, for those you do not need another program for.

• 1 month later...

http://magicstone.de/dzd/random/SayakaGL-v02-binsrc.rar - SayakaGL v0.2, binary and source, and oh my fucking god, it can change objects:

Posted Image

And I'm prepared to lose what little faith I have left in the community regarding tool usage, if this is going to languish forever and if I ever see someone use UoT again for something that Sayaka can do as well.

EDIT: And to smother any ideas about me working on Sayaka again, this is leftovers from when I was still working on it.

Edited by xdaniel
  • Like 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.