Zelda's Eternal Youth Hack - [MORE UPDATES!!!]

Airikita

Found out how to unsheathe the sword without swinging it, with interesting effects:

Could be the wrong finding, but it's useful for ZEY.

It can be a good indication that the swinging and focus to bow, hookshot, and boomerang could have been implemented in the code in later development.

But that's just my thoughts on that.

• Like 3

how big is the file size for the gi model? If I remember my GIM glitch testing I think the limit without expanding is 0x2020

The grenade is 16B0, but I knew about the limit already. Majora's Clock is 29A0, and I was already aware of the limits. Seems to be safe in small zones with not many objects, like in the pot house/room, or at a shop. So I'm not really concerned.

Afaik, I did see code get generated after gi models before when it crashed, and I do have a snippet of it somewhere. where it shows the gi overlapping some code.

EDIT:

--------

In fact this error occurred to me back during the custom hookshot chain chomp mod:

ffuuuu_hookshotRamOverload_zpspby1e9pv.p

Did you actually modify Link to load more space for GI models (and if so, what line of code for documentation purposes?), or are you just letting the system overwrite unicat

Not yet, but it's something I'll look into on my list. I'm sure it won't be difficult to find. It's seems like it's just added on after Link's instance by the looks of it.

Although I'm sure if you search for 2020 in the memory, you'll find it's ADDIU, lol.   :P

Or even set a read type check on the address where the start of that actor is, and reverse-check the address it loads.

Backtrace it by looking for what writes that address, etc...

EDIT:

--------

Seems to be that the gi_object is loaded in Link's instance rather than a new spot just for it... yeah...

Anyways, Link's instance size is in his code, and can be found at 803E7010

Finally tweaked the storyline to follow the concept more thoroughly:

The land of Hyrule has changed, and the inhabitants of the land seek a new golden goose: eternal life. The hero sleeps restlessly after Navi disappeared, desperately wanting her companionship once more. Things take a strange turn, and old land is changed. Reality or not, the Kokiri have left, and are aging with the Hylians, grown old from the death of the Deku Tree, and rapidly so. Zelda, Link, and the Kokiri are brought to a new land with the inbalance of Hyrule so unstable, Link's world can no longer maintain itself. There are many forces to be explained, but none of which are solely responsible for the collapse of the old land. The hero sets off into a new world, without choice, as if forced to, into a merged world of lands both known or unknown to the hero. Lands and creatures of old and new.

Zelda wants no more than to find eternal youth for the Kokiri and herself, for everyone is aging rapidly in the new world. The forces of time are against them. With a new quest for Link, the insanity slowly drives our hero into desperation to seek out the this impossible task, while at the same time searching for Navi. Reality slips from our hero, and no longer is the world as it should be, or as it seems. Not even the hero knows this path, and aimlessly searches for any clues that will help. Without a solution, everyone ages rapidly. The curse, the hero's sanity, and the world are all intertwined. Things deep within the hero's psyche will become reality within a world merged between realms of unknowns.

This will definitely add more tasks, but that was bound to happen anyways.

• Like 1

the gi_object/scene title card block is not part of Link's instance, though one is spawned per instance of Link. There's a separate memory block allocated for it. Also, the block size is 0x3010 in the Debug Rom.

Yeah, so there's not much to worry about. My hookshot test was pretty high-poly when that happened anyways (the overwrite).

------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: ick

EponaGrave_zpsfduqyp42.png

Epona death and revival sequence, activate. Such a sad fate indeed...

Gotta move onto dungeons soon, and giving proper items, but after I finish more important things.

Plus I'm sick as a dog, so I'm mostly resting and doing assignments aside from poking around at small tweaks during breaks in-between.

I don't have many assignments, but I'm still laying in bed a lot this week.

• Like 4

MapImportTest_zpsp1dx9giv.png

Testing out a map. It looks strange for now without proper lighting, etc.. but this is mainly for texture alignment.

I changed the map design to suit a different storyline. Not that this changes the route, or plot in any way...

I'm attempting to make this map break the 4th wall a bit.

I want this map to make the player feel exposed.

Although I feel like the ground ruins it, and gives a comfort level to this... it might be better after some changes.

Also, custom grass ftw.  \o/

Animations will be added... some textures are off, like the 128x128 black/white historia texture didn't import correctly...

Maybe I was wrong about the size, or FUCK ME I'm just tempted to hack the code to force feed it the 128x128 texture to work.

That might require a new scaling format for the F3DEX2 code if I can... seems unlikely I can do jack about it anyways.

There's always work-arounds though.

-----------------------------------------

EDIT: lighting effects and fog work out quite the difference:

MapImportTest2_zpsrrgdv4rt.png

• Like 3

Testing out the animation DList and values for the scene list:

I utilized the water temple scene values for this... not sure if the skybox is an issue for hardware yet.

Just a fancy little set up on the DList for the walls is all I needed after:

D9 F3 FF FF 00 00 00 00 D9 FF FF FF 00 03 04 00

FC 12 7E 03 FF FF F3 F8 E2 00 00 1C C8 10 30 78

FA 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF DE 00 00 00 08 00 00 00

01 01 E0 3C 03 00 45 08 06 00 02 04 00 06 08 0A

06 0C 0E 10 00 12 14 16 06 18 1A 1C 00 0C 1E 0E

06 20 22 24 00 20 24 26 06 28 2A 2C 00 2E 30 32

06 2E 32 34 00 36 38 3A E7 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

DE 00 00 00 09 00 00 00 01 01 E0 3C 03 00 46 E8

The UV mapping is sloppy atm because it was just a quick test, but it appears to rely on UV mapping to determine the direction.

All I did was a quick cube unwrapping.

• Like 1

Bad ass! Was this with the new version of SO?

Well I didn't implement the DList for texture animation...

I would assume the generation of 01 and 06 commands are recursively added to the binary in SO, where E700000000000000 DE00000009000000 would have to be added on the 2nd 01 command before continuing the rest.

*information goes over my head as I nod intently...feigning understanding* haha

:blink:

lol, don't worry about it... I'm working on the source to see if I can implement it.

I'm loving the ZScene.ZRoom array.

Nice easy maintenance on SO... except I'm unsure where the 01 commands are added...

Forgive my ignorance but what does the 01 command do?

0x01 F3DEX2_VTX Fills the vertex buffer with vertex information (ex. coordinates, color values)

Basically the command needs to be called after the first group after the 01 F3DEX2 command.

...Seems like I'll just make a note for the animation value

======================

EDIT:

SO now has been updated with the animated texture option. Feel free to build it whenever Haddockd.

Working on a wolf enemy concept:

DarkWorldWolfConcept_zpsy199xp8e.png

This is not the final appearance, just a basic low-polyfied wolf model with some textures.

I am working on the shape of it, but for now I am still dissecting where to segment the pieces.

I will leave it as this for now until I get more completed.

• Like 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.