Need help with using waterboxes and sharpocarina..

Griduser64

Question

14 answers to this question

How do I inset an animated texture in google sketchup?

Would anyone plase care to list the steps, I would really appreciate it!

You don't use Google SketchUp. I would explain, but I doubt you (or many others) would understand if I only made a short explanation.

...And I don't really want to make a long explanation.

How do I inset an animated texture, do I have to do it in google sketchup first?

Would anyone plase care to list the steps, I would really appreciate it!

I dont know if this can help...

But for a way more easy, you can use a actor. Ex: (Number - Variable - Group):

0050:0001:0036

This is a Water plane, obviously with animated textures...

You can also use an actror to make the water visible, just put it on the same level as the top of the waterbox.

I was thinking about this, thanks!

I dont know if this can help...

But for a way more easy, you can use a actor. Ex: (Number - Variable - Group):

0050:0001:0036

This is a Water plane, obviously with animated textures...

I will try this, thank you very much.

You don't use Google SketchUp. I would explain, but I doubt you (or many others) would understand if I only made a short explanation.

...And I don't really want to make a long explanation.

When you got time can you please try to explain it, I'm a very good learner and I don't know who else to ask.

I know it has everything to do with tons of coding but all I'm tying to do is insert animated water texture over a huge plane, if someone who is tech savvy can write the code and let me choose the size and position of the water texture in the map that would be a lot easier.

I tried looking everywhere for an answer but the method is not described anywhere.

If you can deal without it being animated, as it doesn't really need to be, unless you're just that picky about realisticness, Just make a face that will have no collision in google SketchUp, therefore having a separate Collision and Map model, and texture it with a water tetxure. Then lower the Alpha channel of the face in SharpOcarina.

If you can deal without it being animated, as it doesn't really need to be, unless you're just that picky about realisticness, Just make a face that will have no collision in google SketchUp, therefore having a separate Collision and Map model, and texture it with a water tetxure. Then lower the Alpha channel of the face in SharpOcarina.

This is a great idea and I've tried it but there's an issue,

Posted Image

The water texture disappears on certain areas, like the floor in this example. i'll try to mess with to see if I can figure it out.

As for the other advises, I am grateful and it works to insert an object such as a water plane but I need to cover a huge area.

:)

I got it to work so now it looks like there is water! :)

Posted Image

I still would like to learn how to insert animated textures but it's hard to find someone nice enough to teach me, so I guess this will have to do for now.

Thanks for your support guys.

B)

I got it to work so now it looks like there is water! :)

Posted Image

I still would like to learn how to insert animated textures but it's hard to find someone nice enough to teach me, so I guess this will have to do for now.

It's not that I'm being mean, it's more like it's hard to explain... Which means I'm only being lazy :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.