Our Final Destination

Shadow Fire

Vivi showed the rings to the girl at the counter as she smiled.

"Oh, are these for your girlfriend?"

Vivi blushed heavily, "G-Girlfriend?!"

"No need to be shy. You probably haven't even told her you like her yet. Hoping this will help you in asking?"

Vivi glanced down, not bothering to correct her that it wasn't for a girl.

"...Yeah."

The woman smiled, such a cute thing, made her wonder what kind of person could capture his heart.

"For you, I'll give you a special price. Just give me 50 gil, and they're yours."

"R-Really? But it was so much..."

"Not very many people get married in this city, these are a pair of wedding bands, but you seem rather fond of them, and they'll just sit on the shelf collecting dust otherwise. How about it, sweetie?"

Vivi had a little smile, as he offered her his share of the money that had been split between him, Zidane and Steiner while they were traveling through the fields and caves together.

"Here you are then. I hope she says yes."

Vivi held the small bag that had the rings in them, as he headed out of the store, his cheeks a dark red... he hoped Zidane would say yes... if he got himself to say it.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some time later, Zidane had flustered himself by asking Dagger about the airship cruise, despite having had asked another girl that. With a sigh, he suddenly grinned.

"Okay, how about this?" he offered. "If I get first place in tomorrow's hunting festival, you and me'll go out on a date!"

The blond's face seemed to shine when the princess gave in.

"Yes!" he cheered. "Okay, it's a date!"

Having said that, he raced off, leaving Dagger to go register for the Festival. On his way though, he had a sudden thought.

Maybe... yes... I think I should sign Vivi up too. It'd be a great way to boost his confidence!

It was near afternoon the following day, the Festival was going to begin in a few hours. Vivi was walking with Zidane from the Inn towards the shops to make sure he was equipped.

Vivi was looking inside the cases that held some of the weapons, his eyes seeming to gleam as he was looking at a staff that looked like it was made of ice. It looked almost like the Lightning Staff he had seen while looking at the weapon shops from where he grew up. But back then, he couldn't afford anything... barely had enough to feed himself and his grandpa.

Zidane was busy whispering to the shopkeeper, who grinned and walked over to the case.

"See something you like?" the shopkeeper asked. "Ah... that staff... it is a beaut... and guess what? It's yours."

Unlocking the case, he smirked and handed the staff to Vivi.

"Already been paid for, kid..." he chuckled. "Your friend bought it for you."

The shopkeeper gestured over to Zidane, who gave a smile and winked.

Vivi looked at the Ice Staff as it was set in his hands, as he looked over at Zidane, finding out that he had paid for it just for him. He smiled, as Zidane was getting the weapons he would need to make a Butterfly Sword at the Synth shop.

"Thank you, Zidane..." He replied, having a blush hidding under his hat, as well as a smile.

The blond glanced over at the younger mage, giving a slight grin.

"The Festival of the Hunt..." he began. "Monsters are released through the town, through all districts and we have twelve minutes to eliminate as many as possible, getting points from each victory. The winner gets a prize."

Passing the weapons to the synthesist, Zidane watched and waited for the sword to be complete, though now and then, he did catch glances of Vivi looking happily at his new staff.

I think he'll do great this festival. Well, at least I signed him up for it.

Vivi looked a little confused.

"Is it?"

He watched as Zidane headed on ahead.

"Zidane, wait for me!" He called, hurrying after them.

----

Freya was waiting in the guest room of the castle. Once Zidane arrived, they would be briefed about rhe rules, and then the Hunt would begin.

Dagger was listening as Steiner said they should go watch the festival as she sighed. She wasn't excited about going, but she wasn't disappointed. She used to watch the Festival all the time with her dad and Uncle Cid.

Arriving back and apologising for the wait, Zidane listened as the rules were read out. When hearing that Freya would take an Add-on, Zidane chuckled softly.

"Simple..." he said. "I'll take Gil all the way!"

The Elite Guard nodded, before turning to Vivi. Zidane tensed slightly.

"Okay..." he confirmed. "...and you, Mr Vivi?"

Vivi bit his lip when Zidane told him that he had signed him up for the Festival. Was that why he bought the Ice Staff for him?

"Zidane... I... I don't think I can..."

"That was very inconsiderate of you, Zidane."

Freya folded her arms, glancing off, though secretly plotting how this would help her get those two together.

Dagger folded her arms, looking down at the two boys.

Vivi blushed heavily.

"Yeah..."

After hearing the question get repeated again, Vivi glanced over, trying to think of a prize he would actually want... aside from a certain tailed male.

"Um... I'll take a Card."

After seeming a little withdrawn about Vivi's choice of a prize, they were given their starting points. Zidane was to start in the Theatre District, Freya in the Industrial, and Vivi in the Business.

Vivi was following beside them, as he looked up at Zidane.

"Zidane... I don't want a date with the princes... I-I want a... d-date with... you..."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.