Cutscenes

DeathBasket

Oh also, figured out one of the unknowns to the 02 cutscene command entries

ww00 ffff [????????] [xxxxyyyyzzzz] [????]ffff = frames to spend transitioning to the next point. This value seems to be frequently set to 1E.

Also, I'm messing with your experimental cutscene viewer. Gonna see if I can simulate a cutscene.

Understandable. It seems as if the 01 command stores all the same values the 02 one does, except they are unused save for the coordinates.  I found? camera roll value. wwrr ffff [aaaaaaaa] [xxxxyyyyzzzz] [????], where r is roll. It's a signed byte value.Positive values rotate the camera counter-clockwise (image spins clockwise).Negative values rotate the camera clockwise (image spins counter-clockwise).-128 is equivalent to 180 degrees rotation. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone figure out what the first word in a cutscene does? I have a feeling that it does something very similar to the 3E8 command, and changing it's value has some strange side effects. For reference, the 3E8 command contains an index which references a pointer value located in code.asm, that points directly to code.asm in ram.Also for reference, the cutscene pointer is located at 80213D88 in ram in the debug version.

I guess that stands for how many "markers" the cutscene data has. I'm taking a few more tests to be sure, but so far it has been accurate.

Just to be sure, by markers I mean the entries with 01/02 for cameras, 3E8 for exits, 0A for Link, etc.

I guess that stands for how many "markers" the cutscene data has. I'm taking a few more tests to be sure, but so far it has been accurate.

Just to be sure, by markers I mean the entries with 01/02 for cameras, 3E8 for exits, 0A for Link, etc.

Like I keep saying, I'm very dissappointed in the cutscene format.  I was expecting direct control over animations of cutscene actors. 

Oh well, I guess we can write new animations for existing cutscene actors easy enough.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.