Idea for how MM 3D should be.

Conker

Okay, so what I am thinking, is pretty much keep it all the same, but but just update graphics like with OoT 3D. Although, I am thinking...

Allow people access to the fourth day(where all is calm, celebration, ect.), only AFTER defeating Majora's Mask. So any other day before that, it'd play like the normal N64 version of MM.

But once you beat him, you unlock the Boss Challenge mode like in OoT 3D, where you can replay all boss battles(and I feel with the inclusion of mini bosses, because MM had some pretty bad-ass ones).

So once you beat the game, and go in the fourth day, and then after that you progress through days without the dramatic introduction for each after that. So then you can just play bosses like normal, and I am sure this can provide workarounds for day-specific events in the game. Although, if they did this, it could fuck up a lot of things. But hey, I think it'd be cool. Thoughts?

Boss challenge isn't really necessary, as you can already go back and face the bosses in N64.

I'd like to see them actually REMAKE this one, not keeping it true to the original. The production time was about 1 year, which leads me to believe that it was semi-rushed, and a lot of stuff was left out (Especially considering it came out at the end of the N64's lifespan).

Boss challenge isn't really necessary, as you can already go back and face the bosses in N64.

I'd like to see them actually REMAKE this one, not keeping it true to the original. The production time was about 1 year, which leads me to believe that it was semi-rushed, and a lot of stuff was left out (Especially considering it came out at the end of the N64's lifespan).

And then how would you be able to do the fourth day if they stayed? It'd be like, a time paradox. I personally want the fourth day, and a simple menu for a Boss Challenge like OoT has.

And I agree with your second part, the adult Link mask would be awesome to have as something you can wear anywhere, which they pulled out. Dunno about keeping the FD mask, though. I think it's still be nice to have both. And yeah, much more could have been done.

And then how would you be able to do the fourth day if they stayed? It'd be like, a time paradox. I personally want the fourth day, and a simple menu for a Boss Challenge like OoT has.

Miyamoto would never do a fourth day though. It'd go against his code of keeping the base of the story true.

Dunno about keeping the FD mask, though. I think it's still be nice to have both. And yeah, much more could have been done.

I'd just like to see more functionality come out of the FD mask. It's only useful for 3 bosses, if that.

Indeed. If we see a remake, we definitely need more masks and stuff. This is the perfect game to add stuff to, rather than to please the fans by not modifying it.

Yes! I always wanted more masks, to be honest. Hell, maybe add an option with the Happy Mask Salesman to create your own masks from a blank template mask. Like how you do in Animal Crossing with creating clothing: draw a design on the bottom screen. Also maybe add more to this feature, like a special "deform" drawing mode, where you can add actual 3D features(not 3D as in what the 3DS offers, I mean classic 3D geometry.) by drawing them out, sort of like terrain deformation like you see in the Cryengine, and also Mod Nation Racers' track editor. I hope you get the idea, I am bad at explaining things.

Link with more stuff indeed.There should be a mask for midna lol.

Erm... no... that wouldn't be a good idea. And sorry if that was a joke, it's hard to convey sarcasm and jokes through text... unless you put [/sarcasm] or [/joke].

Although I don't agree with a few things m64m and Ganondork said, more masks would be good... but too much change would anger me, since I don't like much change when my childhood is being remade.

Honestly, when I say "More masks," I mean "Sun and Moon Mask with wearable boss remains." That's all I ask, no other change for me.

Hmmm, S&M masks could work(even though they do combine into the Couple's Mask), not sure bout' the boss remains though.

Custom masks seem pretty cool to me. 3D geometry is already hamhandedly implemented in Augmented Reality, so extended it to modifying a base mask plane sounds doable. Saving temporary custom textures is also possible, even in the original (see: Pictograph Box).

I don't want game mechanics to be messed with. The only extra feature I would like to see is a miniboss re-battle option, mainly to fight Gomess again without having to trudge through the entire temple.

As much as I'd love to be able to wear the Sun's Mask, if only for a little bit, I still don't want it to be obtainable in that sense. Forbidden fruit and all that, I guess. Boss remains would be cool to wear, though.

Custom masks seem pretty cool to me. 3D geometry is already hamhandedly implemented in Augmented Reality, so extended it to modifying a base mask plane sounds doable. Saving temporary custom textures is also possible, even in the original (see: Pictograph Box).

I don't want game mechanics to be messed with. The only extra feature I would like to see is a miniboss re-battle option, mainly to fight Gomess again without having to trudge through the entire temple.

As much as I'd love to be able to wear the Sun's Mask, if only for a little bit, I still don't want it to be obtainable in that sense. Forbidden fruit and all that, I guess. Boss remains would be cool to wear, though.

Good points there, Naxy.

I personally would like to see MM's original 7 days to be put back in along with the cut minigames/dungeons,/story/etc

While I loved MM, it was very short.

This! Three days is too little to have fun, and then go back in time while losing all items(like arrows, bombs, ect.).

Zeth, you want Zelda Gaiden, huh? XD I wish they kept the beta for MM, it would have been a longer game. But even though it was short, the game's dungeons were all excellent, along with the bosses and mini bosses. Not sure that would have been the same if they had more dungeons.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.