3DS System Updates

Shadow Fire

On June 6, 2011 PST, Nintendo 3DS devices will be able to get an update, which will provide the following:

System Updates

*The eShop will open, and the Internet Channel will be unlocked. A neat bonus is that the Internet Channel will allow some sites to be viewed... IN 3D!!! For a limited time, you can score Excite Bike 3D. This offer will run until July 7, 2011.

*A new PokeDex 3D application is also to be released, free of charge. It is quite possible that this will constantly be updated with new information about any additional Pokemon that exist past the current 649 existing critters.

*New Virtual Console games are being released: Super Mario Land, Alleyway and Radar Mission, with new content to appear in the eShop every Thursday.

*As of June 7, 2011, over 25,000 wireless hotspots will be added to the United States alone, with over 200 shopping malls, and 1,000 BestBuys stores receiving these hotspots, with AT&T providing an estimated 24,000 all across the country. Nintendo is making agreements with other companies to allow for more accessability. Coffee shops and airports can also expect these spots.

This just makes anticipation for my 3DS all the more sweeter.

Thanks to Mario, for not fixing the leaky pipe. =P

Ocarina of Time will be released some time this month... that'd be enough to persuade me. But your mother and I are completely different people, so that probably won't work on her... I'd give it a shot anyway.

OFF TOPIC:

I should probably pick a color to use with every god damn post I make like Malqua... and you, apparently, Tell-Tale.

Can anyone please come up with an argument that I could use to persuade my Mom to let me buy a 3DS? I have the money, she just probably won't let me buy it until there's a game involved.

Tell her it actually comes with games built in, which it does. Face Raiders, and those AR games. So there is no reason why you can't buy it now, from what I see.

OFF TOPIC:

I should probably pick a color to use with every god damn post I make like Malqua... and you, apparently, Tell-Tale.

OFF TOPIC:

Colors are fun, and while it looks like Tell-Tale and I use the same color, this is not the case. I use #AA00AA, while she uses #800080.

Anyway, the only real reason I want a 3DS is for OoT3D, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, and probably the internet channel. If I don't get one soon, chances are that I'll wait until the Purple/Orange 3DS models come out.

Edited by Malqua
I forgot to mention the best Squeenix game planned for 3DS.

Nintendo is late for this update. It is well into June 7th where I live and this is not okay by Naxy's rules. Fine, they said evening on the Pacific, but it's still pretty late there, too...

Yes, I'm rather excited about the browser update. </nitpick>

Here's hoping the browser supports Flash/HTML 5.0. Looking forward to the eShop as well, I'd love to get some retro titles on my system. :D

Yeah, I was angry about the lateness of this update, but if Majora's Mask comes out for the 3DS, I will forgive Nintendo for just about anything.

Ahhh.... the morbidness of MM, the fun I have messing with the time system, with being a Zora, with using the Oni link glitch (There's one you can do on the first day), I simply love MM.

Now even after the late distribution, they're making me jump through even more hoops, manually setting up an IP for my 3DS. Granted, it's not something I'm entirely unfamiliar with and their walkthrough is pretty straightforward, but seriously, Nintendo, you could've done better with the release of this thing. >.>

That said, for those of you who are getting an error while downloading the update, this little guide solved the problem for me.

Now even after the late distribution, they're making me jump through even more hoops, manually setting up an IP for my 3DS. Granted, it's not something I'm entirely unfamiliar with and their walkthrough is pretty straightforward, but seriously, Nintendo, you could've done better with the release of this thing. >.>

That said, for those of you who are getting an error while downloading the update, this little guide solved the problem for me.

Thank god for AOSS and WPA buttons that auto config the 3DS :>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.