Imported Majora's Mask skybox

Zeth Ryder

Thanks Shadowfire! I really am impressed with how this looks! :3

I always liked Majora's Mask skyboxes a lot better then OOT's, they seemed to seam better and looks much more natural not to mention seem to add more of a different feel to the game! If you notice the glitch in the skybox during the part where I play the song of storms, is cause of incompatible palette transitions.

I like being able to answer this... or at least attempting to, considering my knowledge with Zelda hacking is very limited, but from what I can tell (and Zeth, since we were both talking about it), the clock may likely be an actor of its own, and as such, extensive coding edits would need to be made in order to get it in. The code would also need to be worked from scratch.

So, it certainly seems possible, just EXTREMELY difficult.

I like being able to answer this... or at least attempting to, considering my knowledge with Zelda hacking is very limited, but from what I can tell (and Zeth, since we were both talking about it), the clock may likely be an actor of its own, and as such, extensive coding edits would need to be made in order to get it in. The code would also need to be worked from scratch.

So, it certainly seems possible, just EXTREMELY difficult.

The powers of hacking and modding never cease to amaze me! :P

That skybox looks freaking awesome in the game. And despite the game still being old OoT, and the skybox still being old MM, the part in the video where you were looking around Hyrule Field made everything feel somewhat fresh again. Not the "OMG! AWESOME" I felt when I first ventured into Hyrule Field, but awesome nonetheless :P

This is really amazing, Zeth. I actually notice a big difference and it looks incredible. Will there be a patch when you finish this? or was this just for Shits'n'giggles again?

This was actually experimental to see if it was possible and I plan to add the skies to my URA Project. :3

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.