Your favorite game music

Zeth Ryder

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is actually a remastered version of S.S. Anubis from Jet Force Gemini from RARE, a few of the others songs have been remastered too, these sound almost exactly like the origionals, just fixed up due to the N64 not being able to sustain quite as high of audio quality. (Even in the game though the music was amazing!) I wish RARE was still its former self and not all messed up because of Microsoft :(EDIT: This is also an amazing song! Its from Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core! The game was probably my favorite story line ever, and the music through out was phenominal in my opinion.EDIT (Again): This is from a bonus game in The Basement Collection and I thought it sounded pretty cool for the most part, It's neat since all the sounds are just voices that have been tweaked a little with some computer software. (AKA Acapella)

• 2 months later...

Murr... This is a toughy. I'll just name the games I think have the BEST music, since I can't pick just one.

1: Donkey Kong Country 2

2: Donkey Kong Country 1

3: Minecraft (what? It's soothing!)

4: Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (not my FAVORITE Zelda. But it's music was the best.)

5: Mother 3

I have a lot of favorite music, but I'll try to pick some unrelated to Zelda if I can... let me see....

Megaman Battle Network 2 - Final Boss Battle (Gospel)

MMBN2 - WWW Area

Kentai Denjuu Telefangu Wild Battle Music (awesome game, company vanished due to legal issues with the president)

- also known as the fake "Pokemon Diamond" for GBC -

Kentai Denjuu Telefangu - Boss Battle Music

I still enjoy some old retro Gameboy Pokemon music:

Viridian Forest

Lavender Town (I started enjoying this more after some CREEPYPASTA stuff)

For me, its impossible to pick among the stuff I like, as I like them all for very different reasons. So rather than pick favorites, these are just a few random ones that poped into my head upon reading the topic.

Link's Awakening - Eagle's Tower. It may be blind nostalgia talking as LA was my first Zelda, but I always thought it had the best soundtrack in the series.

Metroid Prime 2 - Torvus Bog. Very atmospheric track, fits perfectly with its environment.

Perfect Dark - Chicago Stealth

Silent Hill - Dead End. I like this one for a drastically different reason than the other stuff in this post. This track, to me, sums up how Silent Hill approaches its "music". Rather than focus on making something that sounds good, it focuses on something that perfectly matches the scene you're experiencing, enhancing the tension and fear that the player is experiencing. When playing, you dont even notice the soundtrack, it perfectly blends into the background. Its a level of immersion that few games can match, and if not for this game series I dont know that I'd consider sound nearly as important as I do now. This soundtrack taught me that music can make or break a game. Even listening to it now, I can vividly see the scene it goes with despite not having played the original Silent Hill in years, and I can say the same for other parts of the soundtrack. Because of that, while other stuff here was chosen semi-randomly this one actually is one of my favorites despite not being something I'd listen to independently of the game.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.