Adding Text and Collision to custom actor?

mooliecool

I don't know how the game actually does collision, but I do know how you could do it.

The game has a segment table that contains the offsets of each segment in memory. segments 2 and 3 are the map and scene (can't remember which is which though). The scene file has collision meshes in it. If you know the math, you can implement raycasting or box/capsule/sphere on triangle soup collision detection. As for the text, how navi perceives an actor depends on the actor's type tag, which is a good place to start as far as making your actor target-able goes. Flotonic wrote a tool a while back that could modify the game's text, which should be on the maco64 website still. as for opening the textbox, I would try to find a specific message in the message table in ram using Nemu64's debugger, setting a watchpoint and breakpoint on it, and then talking to the character or whatever that opens the dialog to see if you can find the function that loads it.

Sorry I don't have exact solutions. Not much is known about the game's internal functions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.