Zelda Wii U / NX : Breath of the Wild

Twili

preloader.png

This new Sheikah symbol is from the E3 site.

QKG496b.png

This is the Hylian Alphabet for this game, which is incomplete right now because the only text we have to work with is: http://e3.nintendo.com/assets/img/zelda/hr.svg

It says "T-H-E-L-E-G-E-N-D-O-F-Z-E-L-D-A-T-H-E-L-E-G-E-N-D-O" (THE LEGEND OF ZELDA THE LEGEND O).

The E3 demos will likely have secret messages to decipher, so this is a good starting point.
  • Like 1

I'm very interested in the direction Nintendo is taking with this particular title. They've kept it uncharacteristically under wraps. Unless I'm misremembering, we haven't had this little press in quite a while. There's been little to no story info, little to no info on a lot of stuff.

• Like 1

I'm very interested in the direction Nintendo is taking with this particular title. They've kept it uncharacteristically under wraps. Unless I'm misremembering, we haven't had this little press in quite a while. There's been little to no story info, little to no info on a lot of stuff.

The gameplay mechanics have been mostly showed off but you're right in that we currently have no idea what the game will have story, character, item, dungeon or general scale wise.

I am very intrigued with this upcoming Zelda but mostly reserving my thoughts on it until I actually see the game. I just hope this game doesn't have some ridiculous motion controls like Skyward Sword. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy Skyward sword but I did find the controls annoying at times especially when it needed to be recalibrated several times. Here's hoping Nintendo learned from past gameplay mistakes.

I am very intrigued with this upcoming Zelda but mostly reserving my thoughts on it until I actually see the game. I just hope this game doesn't have some ridiculous motion controls like Skyward Sword. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy Skyward sword but I did find the controls annoying at times especially when it needed to be recalibrated several times. Here's hoping Nintendo learned from past gameplay mistakes.

I was actually hoping to have the option to use motion controls. Option, of course. I wouldn't want to have people forced to use them but I'd still love to try them out.

Mostly because I always felt a sort of connect to skyward sword. Watching gameplay videos even 4+ years after release, I notice myself instinctually flinching in time with sword swings or enemy movement.

It felt like a natural improvement on the formula and although I can understand people not wanting to be uncomfortable with constant wrist movement, I feel it would still be possible to make it work if the movement was mapped to the right stick.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.