Catch up

Jason777

Hey all, it's been quite a while. I've generally only posted in topics related to modding, but (as anyone can tell) I haven't been around. It's always nice to know that this place is still here though. Anyhow, how's everybody doing right now? What're you up to in life? Anything you have to look forward to? Anything that's been bothering you?

As for me, I'm almost done acquiring my bachelor's degree in computer science (one more semester to go) so that's been taking up most of my time. Thankfully, my time in college has just gotten better and better and my future is looking brighter and brighter. I'm at the point to where I've just interviewed for my dream job and I may move to the one city that I've dreamed of living in since I was 12. It's funny, I only got into computer science because of this place and modding OoT in general. So, in a way, I kind of have everyone here to thank for how my life is turning out. Say what you will about the venomous and competitive nature that the modding "community" has always been haunted by, but it's what drove me to discover my passion for acquiring knowledge, reverse engineering, and programming. It's weird of me to post things like this, but I just really wanted to let everybody here know how thankful I am to have gotten meet you (either through collaboration, skype, IRC, etc.).

Seriously, thank you.

If I forget your name, you know that I mean you, too. Shout outs to: Flotonic, Vexiant, SanguinettiMods, !Tommy, Shade (Armos), SoulofDeity, xDaniel, spinout, Airikita, john_smith_account, Dark_Link-77, Xu Yuan (Three Pendants), Heavy1390, CDi-Fails, and Okami Amaterasu. Everyone

• Like 6

Sounds like great news, man!! I'm so proud of you! I wish you the best of luck! ^_^

As for me, I need to get a different job. I was so excited about starting this one last year but there's one person on my team who hasn't grown up past first grade level so now they're doing very vindictive things behind my back, it's stressful. But since I don't see this person very much, I don't know what she's necessarily up to unless someone tells me. It's really stupid actually.

• 10 months later...
Off the top of my head, I'm banned from GameFAQs, GBAtemp and its IRC channel, IGN, and banned from posting to the gallery on Imgur.

I'm Z-lined from BadnikNET, and banned from these other channels on these networks:

#3dsdev on EFnet

#n64dev on EFnet

#citra on Freenode

#.blank on Rizon

I walked out on #dolphin-emu on Freenode when I learned two admins are Social Justice Warriors that have a problem with screenshots of Zero Suit Samus' butt in Smash 4.

I wouldn't have it any other way. All of those places betrayed me or held me back. My primary Internet home is here now:

I'm getting back into reverse engineering and am working on an individual function decompiler for N64 ROMs that works as well as how much context I'm baking into it.
  • Like 1

Off the top of my head, I'm banned from GameFAQs, GBAtemp and its IRC channel, IGN, and banned from posting to the gallery on Imgur.

I'm Z-lined from BadnikNET, and banned from these other channels on these networks:

#3dsdev on EFnet
#n64dev on EFnet
#citra on Freenode
#.blank on Rizon

I walked out on #dolphin-emu on Freenode when I learned two admins are Social Justice Warriors that have a problem with screenshots of Zero Suit Samus' butt in Smash 4.

I wouldn't have it any other way. All of those places betrayed me or held me back. My primary Internet home is here now:

I'm getting back into reverse engineering and am working on an individual function decompiler for N64 ROMs that works as well as how much context I'm baking into it.

Oh, did I forget to mention that you're banned from here as well? Silly me. =P

jkjk, you're all cool, man. Still, that's an impressive ban portfolio.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.