LoZ: Twilight Princess Remixed

CorruptedMoon

Talo breathed a sigh of relief, while the monkey scurried off to do monkey things. The boy stared after it, before turning to his rescuer.

"If you hadn't come, Kaze..." he murmured. "Gee, me and that monkey would've gotten eaten, probably! She's actually a pretty nice gal, that monkey... She tried to protect me, so we got captured together."

Glancing away guiltily, he suddenly ran in front of the girl and clasped his hands together in pleading.

"Um, Kaze..." he continued. "You're not gonna mention this to my dad, are you? He's always telling me to never, EVER go into the forest, 'cause he says it's dangerous... So you really can't tell him! Really! You have to promise!"

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rusl approached, smiling down at the young girl.

"My son told me Talo disappeared into the woods and had not returned..." he explained. "I came as soon as I heard... But it looks like you have brought him home already... I apologize. Such a task should not fall to you."

Glancing around, his smile faded, a look of concern appearing on his face.

"Tell me, have you noticed how strange this wood seems lately?" he asked. "I feel... uneasy about what may lie in wait..."

Rusl pondered for a moment, before smiling again.

"Anyway, Kaze..." he continued. "Tomorrow is finally the day. You will be departing for Hyrule. I think it is a good thing I have given this task to you... Good luck! And return safely! If you are lucky, you may even get to meet Princess Zelda! Ah ha ha!"

With those words, he made his way back to the village.

Kaze smiled faintly in amusement, 'Maybe...' With that thought, she headed home as well.

----

Later the next day found her at the Ordon Ranch, she was finishing up early today so she could get to Castle Town as soon as possible. Once she was finished, she exited the ranch and started to head back through the village only to pause by the Mayor's house.

Ilia narrowed her eyes and glared at Kaze.

"Kaze!" she scolded, her tone harsh. "How could you! You were pushing Epona too hard again! I bet you hurt her leg jumping fences, didn't you!"

Surprised, Bo put his hands out, trying to calm down his daughter.

"Now, now, Ilia..." he said. "There's no need to get so hot with her..."

"FATHER!" the girl interrupted, angrily. "How can you be so easy on her? You're the MAYOR! You should start acting like one!"

Turning to the horse, Ilia began leading her away.

"You poor thing..." she cooed. "It'll be all right, Epona. I'll take you to the forest spring right now. Once we soothe you in the spirit's spring, you'll feel better in no time!"

Bo called out after his daughter, in a futile effort to stop her.

"W-Wait! Ilia!!!" he cried. "Why, without Epona... The gift won't get delivered in time! Oh, this won't do..."

Kaze's eyes widened but the moment the other girl was gone, they narrowed in utter fury. How dare she accuse her like that! She didn't give her a moment to say anything, just went off with HER horse AGAIN! That was it, the last straw, if she took her again after this, she was going to have very, very strong words with her. 

Pushing her temper down, she bid farewell to Bo and headed off to get Epona back. They didn't have time for Miss 'I can do whatever I want because I'm the mayor's daughter's temper tantrums.

When Kaze returned to her house, Talo stopped her, exclaiming about the fun from the previous day.

"Oh!" he said, turning to Colin. "Colin! Way to spoil everything by telling your dad. Nice job."

Malo frowned, staring at Colin with his arms folded.

"Yeah, thanks a lot!" he grumbled. "We got scolded by our dad something awful. I thought it was never gonna end..."

Turning back to Kaze, Talo shook his head.

"I bet you're trying to go see Ilia, aren't you?" he asked. "Well, there's no way I'm gonna let you pass!"

Oh she really didn't need this today. Kaze pinched the bridge of her nose, took a deep breath and spoke, "There's really no time for this..." An idea struck her and she removed her wooden sword. "Here. I know you lost yours in the woods. Try practicing with this one." That would distract the them long enough to get through.

Talo's eyes widened as he was handed the sword.

"Whoa!" he murmured, before cheering loudly. "YESSS! With this thing... I'll show 'em! Hyahh! Thanks, Kaze!"

Talo ran off to practice with the sword, Malo and Beth joining him. Colin shyly moved over to Kaze.

"Thanks..." he said softly. "Those guys are always teasing me... What's so fun about swinging something like that around, anyway? I hate it... It's scary..."

His eyes suddenly shone with admiration and he stared up at Kaze.

"But when I grow up, I'm gonna be just like you, Kaze!" he continued. "I don't want to learn about swords or anything, but could you teach me how to ride a horse sometime? Can you?! You have to promise!"

Hearing the stubborn girl still refuse to unlock the gate made Kaze roll her eyes as she went over to the secret passage. Inwardly thanking the goddesses that it was still big enough for an adult to fit through, she hurriedly crawled though before standing and brushing herself off. 'There we go...' She looked up, frowning faintly

During this time, Colin had told Ilia the events that transpired the day before.

"I had no idea..." the girl murmured. "I hadn't heard the details about Talo's capture... But, Colin..."

Suddenly, Ilia noticed Kaze, and instinctively moved towards Epona protectively, but gave a gasp at the horse's snort.

"So you still prefer your master over me, huh, Epona?" she said, smiling, before staring over at Kaze again. "Don't worry about your horse, Kaze. Fortunately, it looks like the injury isn't too serious. You two can go on together. But, Kaze..."

A serious look came to her face.

"Can you at least promise me this?" she asked. "No matter what happens on your journey, don't try to do anything... out of your league. Please. Just come home safely."

Expression softening despite herself, Kaze opened her mouth to respond only to be cut off by thundering hoof prints. The gates were suddenly smashed open by a moblin riding a large pig-like creature followed by another. One of them took aim at Ilia and shot an arrow at her, causing her to fall. Kaze tried to go to her, only to get a heavy club to the back of her head, causing her to fall unconscious.

Soon enough Kaze awoke to throbbing headache, "Gah..." Putting a hand to her head she slowly stood. Suddenly she stiffened and glanced around in growing horror. There was no sight of Colin, Epona or Ilia. Those monsters must have taken them! She bolted to and over the bridge, intending to find them, only to slow down in shock at the barrier before her, "Wha... what?" Before she could even try backing away, a hand shot out and grabbed her, dragging her in and causing her to scream.

She found herself in a choke-hold by a strange dark creature and immediately started to claw at its hand and struggle, "Gh! L-let... me... go!" The birthmark on her hand started to glow, forcing the beast to drop her, or more accurately to throw her and bolt.

Pushing herself up to her hands and knees, she looked around, "Wha... what happened here...?" A jolt of pain shot through her causing her to grunt and clench her teeth. "G-ghg! A-ah!" Her whole body was in agony, the birthmark had not stopped glowing. Arching her back, she screamed, the sound deepening into a howl as her body shifted from human to beast. Unable to cope with the sudden forceful transformation, she fell unconscious.

"Ugh this doesn't make any sense! Why would they do this?!" Pacing the wooden floor, the woman scowled angrily at the tiny window above her. That's when the idea struck. "I could... with the... yes...!" She withdrew a strange weapon that seemed to be a dagger and chain combined into one. "Sorry girls... I can't stay here, I have a promise to keep."

Kaze awoke to another headache. Slowly she shuddered and stood up only to jolt when she realized she was on all fours. Glancing around she found she had paws?! And a tail?! What the hell happened to her? A low growl escaped her as she found herself chained. She tried to pull at it, even bit it with her newly sharpened teeth, but suddenly her ears perked and she looked over to through the bars of the cell she was trapped in.

The imp grinned wider.

"Eee hee!" she laughed. "Are you sure you want to be doing that? Snarling and glaring at me?"

Examining her hand, the imp smirked over at the wolf.

"Well, that's too bad..." she continued, in a teasing tone. "I was planning on helping you... if you were nice."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.