Super Mario Maker

Shadow Fire

So, like... I got Super Mario Maker for Christmas, and I have been having so much fun with it.

After a lot of experimentation, I just (literally at the time of this post) uploaded my first level. I will be sharing it, but I figured this topic could be used to post codes to levels that either the community has made, or found interesting. So, without further ado, here it is.

Course Deleted

Sadly, this course was automatically deleted.

Cool, I'll have to check it out. Just got the game for christmas as well but I haven't had much time to play it (other games).

I made a map as well, it's small but I think it's decently polished from my game design know how.

I'll find the code when I next play later.

Okay, the code is 3DC8-0000-0158-4729

[and now you know my name. oh well]

You're course was okay. But I'd recommend staying away from unavoidable death traps and similar mechanics to leaps of faith.

A course should be completed based on the players skill rather than luck.

You're course was okay. But I'd recommend staying away from unavoidable death traps and similar mechanics to leaps of faith.

A course should be completed based on the players skill rather than luck.

Plenty of Mario levels in the past have had similar mechanics, with leaps of faith and unavoidable death traps as life sinks. I was inspired by such levels and it's what led to this one, but I can understand where you're coming from. However, there are some even more sadistic levels on there.

Ironically, it took me hours to do that level. I was really enjoying playing around with it.

Both of your levels were great. Rather simple in design, not too challenging, and rather fun. The second one was a bit tricky in some parts, but that's more down to the engine being finicky with its jump physics.

Thank-a you for playing! I tried to keep them simple to make them more similar to actual Mario levels and to maximise their fun factor.

Alright, I've tried both them out now.

That first course doe.. Very hard. Maybe I just suck. I really like the alternate routes you made but I'd probably suggest more scrolling time in the beginning to intake the information.

The second level was much easier, don't usually like water levels but this was okay. Again the alternate routes were a nice addition. The length as well was pretty good.

I'll try to make my next course longer too.

The first course you speak of, actually was very hard. I like making levels that even though I know the layout, they test my skill as well. I've died many a time on it. I had planned to give more time at the beginning to prepare for the scroll, but I scrapped that plan, deciding I wanted to make sure people were ready for anything from the get go.

The water course, like I mentioned, was pretty much just 3-1 from SMB3, with a few different things. More enemies, and since the Lava Lotus doesn't exist (why? :(), I had to resort to using the fireballs. I must admit, I wasn't expecting to be able to go through the sides of some of the floor, since you couldn't in SMB3, but for some reason you can in SMM.

Oh, and I sent you a friend request. My list was looking a tad lonely.

Your first level was certainly hard but I honestly did find it refreshing once I'd completed it. The difficulty was fair enough to feel like a satisfying challenge. I'ts inspired me to create a more difficult (NES castlevania style difficult) level next time. I'll see what I can do.

Oh, and I tried to send you a friend request but the button was greyed out. Maybe you have the option disabled.

It's probably greyed out because I've already sent a request to you. I think you have to confirm the request in your list.

I tried sending you that request when I played your first level a week ago though. I've accepted yours now.

My current course is about half way done. I'll try to get it done soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay cool. I've done another level. Here:   C223-0000-01C4-AB38

I'll admit, I tried and I tried but I just couldn't complete it without a secret door at the start. It is possible but too hard for me.

I'll try out your levels now shadow.

Alright I've tried your level now. Couldn't do it man. :(

• 1 month later...

Since my ghost house level was automatically deleted again, I decided to go back and make some major modifications to it. I added a key door (with 5 key coins), as well as changed up how a lot of the level was done. There's less insta-deaths now, although I still kept the maze-style. If you completed the previous course, don't rely on memory to get you through.

Since my first course was deleted, I decided to make a minor adjustment and reupload. I will also be recording footage from my levels sometime in the future.

The (not so) fun house...

0F74-0000-0212-664D

Engine: Super Mario World

Level Type: Ghost House

Time: 200

This level can be somewhat tricky, and can rely on some memorization, but there are some more innovative traps and dangers to look out for.

0F74-0000-0212-664D.jpg

0F74-0000-0212-664D_full.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.