Satoru Iwata Passes Away At 55

Shadow Fire

It is in great sadness that I report the death of Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata.

A short statement released by Nintendo reads the following:

Nintendo Co., Ltd. deeply regrets to announce that President Satoru Iwata passed away on July 11, 2015 due to a bile duct growth.

It was known that he was forced to skip last year's E3 due to his poor health, and had to undergo surgery in order to remove the growth, but sadly, it returned, to claim his life.

We will never forget you, Iwata-sama.

• Like 4

That had to be the most painful death... gallstones are excruciating, so I can't imagine what he must've gone through...

He's in peace now, and should be free from that now.

Shame that cancer is hitting the top people of the world now... he's also missing on a ground-breaking viral cancer treatment.

It is what it is, and like I said, he's in peace now.

• Like 1

Its hard losing someone who was very crucial to so many projects in the Nintendo industry over the years, someone who's been an amazing inspiration and driving force for Nintendo. Its been a sad day in the gaming industry. Rest in Peace Mister Iwata, May you keep gaming in the afterlife.

“Even if we come from different sides of the world, speak different languages, even if we eat too many chips or rice balls, even if we have different tastes in games, every one of us here today is identical in the most important way: each one of us has the heart of a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata, Heart of a Gamer

1338716409364420968.jpg

Rainbow seen today at the Kyoto HQ of Nintendo as their flags were at half mast. Rest in peace and my sincere condolences to Mister Iwata's family and close friends in the company for the great loss they have suffered.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.