Ruinous Shards Feedback and Issues

haddockd

I think I would leave the cutscene skip in my mod, but only if I'm able to show a "skip" button icon with the start button somewhere.

I mean, Twilight Princess allows cutscene skips, so why not? I can see some having a problem sitting through some cutscenes if they're trying to speedrun it.

Also, this is something I don't think 1.0, 1.1, or 1.2 has does it? Hmmm...

I've only been playing for like 5 minutes when this is being posted, so far most things seems fine except for three minor issues:

1. The game freezes when trying to open the menu

2. Many sentences seems to be missing punctuation

3. The cutscene disabler still seems to be functional

I am having MelonSpeedruns take a look at 1 and 3. I was certain I uploaded the copy that he edited to disable that stuff. The punctuation is not something I am overly concerned about but feel free to shoot me a PM for the ones that you find overly distracting and I will take a look :)

For now, you can solve number 1 with a quick GS code fix:

Subscreen Delay Fix (very important, since entering the Subscreen menu sometimes crashes the game, should keep on at all times)
D0210BA1 0002
8022414B 0002
D0210BA1 0002
80210BA1 0003

Completed up to adult link

There have been a few issues:

1. In Lord Jabu-Jabu, you get bombchus, with this amount (10), you can easily get the bomb bag out of dodongos cavern without visiting goron city at all! (Daruna acts like ive already met him so thats a plot break) I haven't gotten the gauntlets and am adult link. Sheik won't let me back in time until I complete the forest temple so either I can get the gauntlets as an adult (not tried) or complete forest temple without them (also not tried).

2. Minor text error, when entering the Guilded tree for the first time, it still shows 'Inside the Deku Tree'

Hey ! Just took a try at your hack on my N64, your edited swords models are working greatly, however the shards are not showing (that's not really a problem imo, the game isn't crashing so it's good), I'll look deeply at it later.

Completed up to adult link

There have been a few issues:

1. In Lord Jabu-Jabu, you get bombchus, with this amount (10), you can easily get the bomb bag out of dodongos cavern without visiting goron city at all!

Can you give me a little more info?

Daruna acts like ive already met him so thats a plot break

I didnt experience this and no one else has reported it. Can you give me more detail? The dialog would be helpful.

I haven't gotten the gauntlets and am adult link. Sheik won't let me back in time until I complete the forest temple so either I can get the gauntlets as an adult (not tried) or complete forest temple without them (also not tried)

What? You cant get the gauntlets until you can warp to the proper place as a kid. You HAVE to visit it as an adult....this is the same as the original game so I am a little confused.

2. Minor text error, when entering the Guilded tree for the first time, it still shows 'Inside the Deku Tree'

I will take a looksie :)

• Like 1

In regards to 1., there is a chest in lord jabu jabu containing 10 bombchus. These are required to get past the dungeon. However, once you complete the dungeon, using only 1 or 2, once you get to the dodongos cavern, you don't need the ability to pick up bomb flowers to collect the bomb bag and then the rest of the dungeon.

This means you don't have to go to goron city at all as child link or collect sarias song.

Because of this, you can go to an adult without either.

Luckily I got sarias song or I wouldn't be able to get into the forest temple ever (I'm right in assuming shiek only disappears and teaches you the song after you Beat that?)

When I said daruana gives plot stuff, I meant that after doing dodongos without going to goron city, he acts like he knows me when I get the shard.

When I said gauntlets, I meant the Gordon ones :)

In regards to 1., there is a chest in lord jabu jabu containing 10 bombchus. These are required to get past the dungeon. However, once you complete the dungeon, using only 1 or 2, once you get to the dodongos cavern, you don't need the ability to pick up bomb flowers to collect the bomb bag and then the rest of the dungeon.

When I said gauntlets, I meant the Gordon ones :)

Well I never really considered that. You DO have to get Saria's song to progress through the Lost Woods do you not?

I suppose if you can get them a little early and you get the bomb bag, then the bracelet is worthless anyway so I don't see a scenario where this would hurt anyone. Just one more way to play the game :)

This means you don't have to go to goron city at all as child link or collect sarias song.

Because of this, you can go to an adult without either.

Luckily I got sarias song or I wouldn't be able to get into the forest temple ever (I'm right in assuming shiek only disappears and teaches you the song after you Beat that?)

You cant even get to that point without Saria's song correct? I though there was a Kokiri that blocks the path in the Lost Woods unless you play Saria's song.

When I said daruana gives plot stuff, I meant that after doing dodongos without going to goron city, he acts like he knows me when I get the shard.

Well he will do that haha. I will see about the bombchu "glitch" although I am not thinking it is a huge issue.

You can get to that point without sarias song. You don't need to go to lost woods as a kid either...

But once you get to adult you can't go back in time until forest done.

So yes you do need the gorons gauntlets to progress. (At least after adult)

The shards were not made with hardware-compatibility in mind, I think.

Yep, but I liked the fact that the shards model not showing wasn't freezing my console, so the hack is playable with no problem (I'm not exactly sure about that, I must finish it before saying anything)

You can get to that point without sarias song. You don't need to go to lost woods as a kid either...

But once you get to adult you can't go back in time until forest done.

So yes you do need the gorons gauntlets to progress. (At least after adult)

I moved Mido so he blocks the way to the Sacred Meadow. Now you MUST have Saria's song before you can move forward with the game.

So what I meant was that if you don't need to go to goron city to complete child link, you don't need sarias song in child link. You do need it for adult link, before the forest temple to get past the kokiri. But once you pick up the master sword for the first time you can't put it back before you complete the forest temple. You cannot learn sarias song as an adult. Therefore if you don't learn it before picking up the master sword, your save is broken. Same for the goron gauntlets. Don't need them as a child but do for adult but can't go back to get them.

OH! Well that may be an issue for non standard play throughs. Let me put some thought into this. I wonder if I can remove the bombs from jabu jabu so I can simply eliminate the need for bombchus

Edit: I removed all the boulders and the bombchus as well. Hopefully this resolves the issue. Thoughts?

Just made a video of the Shard of Power showing behind any 3D model (on the Skybox) :

So it's showing but it's hided by the level (like Link in maps made with SharpOcarina).

I uploaded this for information, i'm not hoping to see a fix for this.

That is because I converted the model with a tool that isn't hardware compatible. I could try to fix it if you want, but I would have to do it later in the week since I'm quite busy now.

I think it is fine for now. If you want to tackle it later then you can but to be honest, the issue isnt that bad and it only affects the real hardware.