SharpOcarina level only loads once.

Gazpacho146

Question

12 answers to this question

Try closing SO and re-opening your scene when you make changes. Sometimes the old data stays in it, and imports incorrectly.

There is also the latest version of SO linked here: https://www.the-gcn.com/topic/3153-newest-update-to-sharp-ocarina-we-think-it-is-hardware-compat-now/?p=49309

Still isn't loading more than once. If I want to access the level I've gotta reset my rom

This has to do with the DMA table. The actual map offsets need to be added to the DMA table then CRC fixed.

Uh, I don't think he had this issue on hardware.

If it was being tested on hardware without the DMA table fixed, he wouldn't be able to even start the game.

I tried to download JSA's patch off the stickied thread, but it said the file wasn't available.

Oh weird... well just change all the addresses in ROM necessary.

If you're just testing in and emulator, you don't need to re-calculate the CRC. Not unless you're running it on console.

Oh weird... well just change all the addresses in ROM necessary.

If you're just testing in and emulator, you don't need to re-calculate the CRC. Not unless you're running it on console.

See, the problem is, I have no clue what I'd need to change. I'm relatively new to Zelda modding and I only have the basics like actor placement down. Forgive my noobishness. :v

At 0x12F70 is the start of the DMA table in ROM, with a list of addresses. Try changing the one for your new map there.

It's generally hard to say what the main issue is though, because I'm unsure this will make any difference. But try it and see.

The address for the original map should replace the old one.

There's a list of area names here:

http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Debug_ROM:_Filename_to_Area_Relations

And the file names with the addresses associated with them are here:

http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Debug_ROM:_File_Listing

I don't see how as the DMA table is just a checksum for the console... though I am using JSA's DMA patch, so I don't seem to have that issue.

JSA's DMA patch bypasses having to fix the DMA when changing the file table. I get this with ALL custom maps as I don't use the DMA bypass. You can only enter once in the map, trying to reload again crashes causing a reset before you even access the map again. Fixing the offset in the DMA table and CRC corrects this problem. This is also how you port maps from OOT to MM as well.

See, the problem is, I have no clue what I'd need to change. I'm relatively new to Zelda modding and I only have the basics like actor placement down. Forgive my noobishness. :v

As in Airikita's post, she gave a link to the scene file offsets, find the Scene you are replacing and locate its offset location, copy that, then go in a hex editor and load up your rom. Ctrl +F should enable the find option in the hex editor(at least most of them), then paste that offset into it. It will show up one result because SO already replaced the other in the file table. Go to that result and change XXXX XXXX YYYY YYYYY(The files actual offset in the DMA table) to your Custom Scene's beginning and ending offset location. Then use a program to fix CRC, I personally use GZRT, others might be able to suggest some others for fixing it.

EX: If I replaced room 121 which is the stalfos boss room, I would be looking up syotes2_scene which is 027A2000 - 027A44B0. Use the first set of the numbers which is the beginning offset for the scene, put that in the Find window(Ctrl +F), first result and click that, replace  027A 2000 027A 44B0 with the beginning/ending offset of the location of your custom scene file.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.