Desktop Thread

spinout

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got mine cycling every minute or so, but I never actually look at it 'cuz I've always got stuff open over it :/

3NUUT33.png

I can't seem to remember why I have it in Test Mode. Something about unisigned drivers if I recall correctly? Fits my username though.

I've noticed that while lots of people use firefox, almost nobody uses Firefox Aurora and only the truly brave use Firefox Nightly.

• 1 month later...

As it turns out, some of Nintendo's E3 press assets have the perfect aspect ratio for 1920x1080 wallpapers...

Pe9yfrS.jpg

...and damn, I'm already (almost, I'm trying my best not to!) fanboying over a game, of an all-new IP, that hadn't even been announced until some 8 hours ago... but I can't help it! It just looks so damn fun and I'm liking the style!

• 2 months later...

Yep, that's Winamp, has still been in development (like, kinda, sorta, anyway?) until recently. AOL had wanted to finally shut it down, but then Winamp, and whatever else of Nullsoft there still was, was sold to another company, and they apparently want to restart development... or something like that. Don't really know the details.

I'm mainly sticking with it - and the Winamp 2.x-style classic skin even! - because it simply does what I want it to do, and I don't feel like hunting down another player like it. Same reason I'm still sticking to ex. 2001's Paint Shop Pro 7 for image editing, and until just before this Windows reinstall, MS Office 2003. I switched to OpenOffice 4 now, at least :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, my laptop died. That is, the Asus one I bought new in 2009, named Kazari. The one that helped me through the first couple of months of this year, when my real life was more or less in shambles. Doesn't even reach POST anymore, apparently a fried northbridge or graphics chip and a common problem with this model.

Got the old Dell Latitude out, for whenever I might need a portable computer. Desktop of that one in the spoiler, can't remember the wallpaper source, it's probably on Danbooru. Tho not even this system's working as well as it should...

UCjMEVe.jpg

Although, maybe I should be thankful. I've read of cases where the laptop died just two years into its lifetime, as opposed to mine reaching almost six years...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.