Majora's Mask Coming to 3DS in Spring 2015

Shadow Fire

If you love The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask anywhere near as much as I do (which is quite possible, lol), you will be excited to know that Nintendo have finally listened to their fans, and are working on a 3DS/2DS remake of the beloved title. Majora's Mask 3D is set to release in Spring 2015 (autumn 2015 for those of us in the Southern Hemisphere).

In an announcement via Nintendo Direct, Satoru Iwata stated "As we worked on the remake version, we set out to maintain the original level of challenge, while keeping the game accessible for anyone. So we also focused on making sure the gameplay experience was as smooth as possible."

I don't know about you, but this has me very excited. Majora's Mask was one of my favourites of the series, offering a probably the biggest replayability (discounting OoT3D's boss and gauntlet modes, of course). I'm pumped to see how they go with it. Will they base it on the Japanese original and make it its original difficulty, or will they follow the path of the US/EU release? Regardless, they should now be able to do away with the interrupt save feature altogether, since we can just enter sleep mode on the 3DS.

Finally, here's the trailer:

• Like 8

I have mixed feelings about it being on the 3DS. Even though I don't own one, I'm not sure I like having a game that was on a big console shoved onto a little one. That's a bit how I felt with Ocarina of Time as well. But on the other hand, I'm glad the classics are still rocking the new generation of kids. I have very fond memories playing Ocarina and Majora both. But I'd have to say I like Majora just a bit more than Ocarina, even though they've both great games! So all in all, this is great news. But is it just me or does the moon look even freakier now?

• Like 2

Woo! Majora's Mask! Please Nintendo do something special with it! Add Masterquest to it? Perhaps a gauntlet mode like in OOT. SOMETHING! D:

Because if its just...pretty graphics and nothing new...I will have to decline buying it and just play it on my N64 that requires less eye strain. lol

• Like 1

Also, what the f**k is gauntled mode? y u get enjoy things I does not? >.> Seriously though, what is it? I'm curious.

Gauntlet mode is a special feature that was included in OoT3D, in which interacting with Link's bed allows you to battle bosses you have previously fought, while trying to set a good time. After beating each of the individual bosses, you are then treated to a Gauntlet mode, in which you fight bosses one after the other. Each boss you defeat drops a big chest and small chest, both which contain a random item that carries into the next round. One may be a heart container, allowing for extra health. The timer pauses once you beat a boss, and continues counting once you enter the next fight.

i need to get one to lol the funny thing about it that its still way to expensive and its been out for years you can get a second hand xbox360 for 50 euros and a bunch of games two controllers and a headset but the 3ds goes for a wooping 160 at the cheepest with no games second hand :(

Gauntlet mode is a special feature that was included in OoT3D, in which interacting with Link's bed allows you to battle bosses you have previously fought, while trying to set a good time. After beating each of the individual bosses, you are then treated to a Gauntlet mode, in which you fight bosses one after the other. Each boss you defeat drops a big chest and small chest, both which contain a random item that carries into the next round. One may be a heart container, allowing for extra health. The timer pauses once you beat a boss, and continues counting once you enter the next fight.

That rocks!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*faint*

I'm guessing it costs even more for you. Man, you Aussies are poor bastards.

I should note that there is a whole bunch of known differences in Majora's Mask 3D already. It is not even close to just a simple model & texture update. They're literally re-modeling areas, and most likely rewamping the saving, as in the trailer they do not mention saving when going back to the first day.

http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=1722

It really feels like they're taking their time to polish the game this time around. Time that they didn't have the first time around with their extremelly short development period.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they had OoT saving. The game is easily able to use that, there is no specific issues preventing it. The one reason I can see that would prevent them from doing that is simply them not wanting to do it. They could still make it so that you must exit game while saving, and then remove that save when resuming (replacing with one at ye first day). I believe they made it like that in one of the new super Mario bros. games go prevent people from reloading the save when failing.

at the very least SoT don't seem to save, which indicates a change.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.