Could anyone recommend some good RPG games?

Armos

Hey guys, been awhile since I've been on. I want to know if anyone can reccomend some RPG games for the Wii, 3DS, PS3, and 360, PS2 if possible. Looking for games similar to the Tales series and FF series. or if there are any titles I have missed please share them! :) Also if there are any games like The Last Story or Xenoblade Chronicles, please let me know. I'm getting bored and I wanted to buy a few games. Looking something similar to Tales of the Abyss, and The Last Story. But anything is good. :) Thanks.

If you want turn based (not action based or strategy) then here you go!

Games I loved:

PS2

Legend of Legaia 2

Xenosaga I - III

Dragon Quest VIII (one of the best titles on the PS2)

Games I liked:

PS2

Persona series (not Digital Devil Saga)

Ar Tonelico

Atelier Iris

Mana Khemia

Shadow Hearts 1 - 3

• Like 1

There is a couple of good RPG games I could recommend. (These are games I have played) 

• Bioware is generally good for that immersive and deep world building and game play. Three come to mind, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Dragon Age Origins/Inquisition, and Mass Effect. These are games that allow for a great degree of customisation, with a multitude of approaches to how you want to shape the world via your actions. However these games game quickly become boring or overwhelming due to the degree of content. These games may not suit what you are looking for, but are player friendly and open for people of all gaming abilities. 

• Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. This game can fool you with it's depth, probably because of the extremely childlike graphics and nature of the game. This game's graphics where created with Studio Ghibli. This game is more to do with the dungeon crawling and evolution side of RPG games. This game is enjoyable to play with a wide range of a difficulty setting. This is one of those games that could become tiresome after a while, and difficult due to a lack of direction.

• ​The obvious game Chrono Trigger. Fantastic!

*EDIT*

• Like 1

My recommended list:

• Tales of Symphonia - Gcube, PS2, Ps3
  • Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - PS3, PS4, PC
  • Mario RPG Legend of the Seven stars - SNES, Wii VC
  • Paper Mario - N64, Wii VC
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Old Door - Gcube(can be played on wii)
  • Fable The Lost Chapters - Xbox 360, PC
  • Bravely Default - 3DS
  • Chrono Trigger - SNES, PS1, DS
  • Skies of Arcadia Legends - Dreamcast(non-legends content) and Gcube(LEGENDS CONTENT)

Shadow Fire's Recommended List of Awesome Recommendation:

• Final Fantasy XIV ONLINE: A Realm Reborn - PC/PS3/PS4
  • Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy - PC/PS3 (the first game is kinda meh, but XIII-2 and LR:FFXIII are both good)
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX - PS3
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX - PS3 (when it gets released, lol)
  • Blue Dragon - XB360
  • Mass Effect Trilogy - PC/XB360/PS3
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/PSV
  • Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht - PS2

There may be more, but it's like 5AM here, and my brain is mush. :P

• Like 1

Shadow Fire's Recommended List of Awesome Recommendation:

• Final Fantasy XIV ONLINE: A Realm Reborn - PC/PS3/PS4
  • Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy - PC/PS3 (the first game is kinda meh, but XIII-2 and LR:FFXIII are both good)
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX - PS3
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX - PS3 (when it gets released, lol)
  • Blue Dragon - XB360
  • Mass Effect Trilogy - PC/XB360/PS3
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/PSV
  • Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht - PS2

There may be more, but it's like 5AM here, and my brain is mush. :P

How good is A Realm Reborn? I saw your post recently but I'm late of seeing it. But I'm not really sure if I should get it or not because I mostly play MMO's on the PC. And I am currently playing WoW "World of Warcraft" and I'm thinking about switching over. WoW is getting REALLY boring. xD

How good is A Realm Reborn? I saw your post recently but I'm late of seeing it. But I'm not really sure if I should get it or not because I mostly play MMO's on the PC. And I am currently playing WoW "World of Warcraft" and I'm thinking about switching over. WoW is getting REALLY boring. xD

Prepare for a life long explanation of how mind-blown he is by that game. Well that, and how the job system works lol. He spent like almost an hour or something to explaining that to me. At least it felt that long. :D

Also, it IS on the PC, so you shouldn't worry about switching over to console for MMO play

*takes a breath*

Prepare for a life long explanation of how mind-blown he is by that game. Well that, and how the job system works lol. He spent like almost an hour or something to explaining that to me. At least it felt that long. :D

Also, it IS on the PC, so you shouldn't worry about switching over to console for MMO play

lol, damn... Netsrac knows me too well. =P

Seriously though, it is amazing. It suffers from traditional MMORPG faults, such as grinding and such, but that's a given. Wonderful story, beautiful scenery, amazing music, and unlike some other MMOs, you can access EVERY class/job with the one character. There's a heap of post-story content, with more being released with each patch. The most recent one (2.4) has introduced Rogue/Ninja, as well as much more. It's something you'd have to see to actually appreciate. If you do decide to get the game, be sure to join the Leviathan server, and keep a lookout for Hunter Reikaz. That's me. :P I do tend to help out a lot of people as well, so if you do need help while I'm there, I can usually assist.

To help you decide, let me just throw this video out here:

The choice is yours, but it's an MMO that I HIGHLY recommend. It was actually due to someone else that I joined in the first place, considering I had deemed MMORPGs to be bad. :)

I think I'll throw in my two cents. If you're looking for newer RPG's, Bravely Default could very well be a masterpiece, in my own personal opinion. Then there is just about every game in the Tales of series. Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Vesperia, Tales of Graces, Tales of Xilia... all of them are great. My personal favorite is Symphonia. 

Back in the realm of the olden days, I see one game that is distinctly missing in all of these lists. Where is Earthbound? Not to mention Mother 3, on top of that. Simply incredible games, in my own unprofessional opinion. Chrono Trigger has already been recommended to you, but I must say, it's one of the best RPG's out there to this day. The story is incredibly compelling and most certainly will pull on your emotions like a beautiful love song. On top of that, the gameplay and fighting system is simply astounding. Lets also not forget out our sweet child Fire Emblem, either. ;)

And to break from the caste of standard JRPG's, I would highly recommend Metro: 2033 and Last Night. They may not be what you are looking for, as they have about as much in common with Final Fantasy as Halloween and Halloween 3,  but the story of the series is simply incredible. I'd also recommend the earlier entries of the Silent Hill series in this similar vein, particularly the first and second. 

Back in the realm of the olden days, I see one game that is distinctly missing in all of these lists. Where is Earthbound? Not to mention Mother 3, on top of that. Simply incredible games, in my own unprofessional opinion.

OP requested the following:

Wii, 3DS, PS3, and 360, PS2 if possible.

It's understandable why such a gem wasn't mentioned.

I still haven't to this day played Chrono Trigger. I've heard so much good about it.

If you can get your hands on a cartridge, I would change that as soon as the opportunity presents itself. I personally believe it to be one of the most masterfully crafted RPG's of any kind out there to this day. Compelling story, lovable characters, beautiful soundtrack, amazing gameplay... its all there.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

or if there are any titles I have missed please share them! :)

I'm probably doing my best to "read between the lines" here, but anyway, all I can recommend are: Earthbound (can be downloaded on Wii U VC, but that might not be an option if you don't have, or plan to get a Wii U.... also a hard to acquire SNES game unless you don't mind putting out $150-200 just for the cart alone).

It looks like others have already mentioned SNES ones, so I'll refrain. I think there were some good Genesis/Mega Drive ones too though, and if I'm not mistaken, Shining Force was one. All I remember was it being talked about a lot (and where he got his mains names from anyway) by a fellow guildie in WoW, back in the Wrath days.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.