The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Project HD%

MelonSpeedruns

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Project HD%

(Logo is coming)

hmQS4aA.png

Project HD% is a project that has the aim to completely retexture Zelda Ocarina of Time.

The difference in this project, unlike others, is that the texture pack does not really have a theme.

The textures will not be like those of Wind Waker or Twilight Princess.

No, they will be like Ocarina of Time but better and prettier.

hABa1uS.png

I am MelonSpeedruns, i'm a french Canadian.

I make graphical art, I know nothing about Hex editing and I'm determined to get this project done.

I have started it by a simple search on Google. I wanted to find a complete texture pack for Ocarina of Time.

Unfortunately, the only texture pack that was fully completed was The Cel-Shaded Texture Pack from Djipi.

I don't like that much the cel-shaded style. So, I wanted a Texture Pack for those who don't like this style.

Don't worry, I will participate in this project too by making a lot of textures.

Mj7MLJ3.png

None yet...

OKolSL6.png

Sure! We need a lot of people for this project!

Even if you do one or two textures in the whole project, you will be in the credits if your work is used.

And don't worry, your work will be used, it's almost guaranteed!

19Vyr0g.png

Nooo!! Don't post it in the Topic! That would spoil the mystery.

If you have a texture or a icon that you made, Send it to me at "olilink1@hotmail.ca" and I will check for it and if it's ok, I will put it in a screenshot if I have time.

Also, you can add me on Skype if you want news and be faster to me to answer. There's my Skype : "olilink1"

V1VGgXN.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

too bad there's no way we could increase the polygons of the game's models

I wouldn't say that it's impossible. Glide64 and Rice's plugins use Direct3D iirc. D3D uses a scene system; so it's probably possible to write a small program that hooks the D3D dll to intercept drawing like 3D Ripper DX does and swap out the models.

Glide64 uses the Glide3X GFX API and translates the calls through an OpenGL wrapper.

Btw, on a related note, I found this. Wouldn't this results be achievable by using tessellation?

Yeah. Though it wouldn't do much good aside from improving the lighting I think. Sub-surf modifying can cause some pretty fugly looking defects. Just look at Link's sword hilt and the messed up hair in this pic. 

TQ4JH.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.