Trouble with importing maps.

JabuJabule

Question

I'm having trouble importing my maps for OoT into the game. It's the right size, everything is fine until I try to load the area in the game. Can anyone help me? I'm trying to find help on Maco, but it's fruitless so far.

Also, I use Hylian Toolbox. Is there anything more...modern I can use? This feels primitive.

7 answers to this question

Hylian Toolbox is the most modern importer you can get.

However, I think SharpOcarina is far more specialized tool for importing. I've rarely had problems there. I don't care what people say about it-- it does its job damn well.

• Like 1

One big downside of Hylian Toolbox: it uses a customized version of Model2N64, which, just like its "big brother", doesn't always produce hardware-compatible display lists when converting models. I think SharpOcarina has a better chance at creating display lists that work on hardware, but that's got some issues too, I believe...

Wow, SharpOcarina is more confusing than I thought. I don't even know where to start.

The readme should help quite a bit.

Start by going to File->New Scene. From there, feed it collision map and then you can add rooms by going to the "room" or "mesh" tab.

• Like 1

Alright, I finally fixed that problem. But I'm still having so many problems with collision. I triangle everything, connect every ending line and STILL Hylian Toolbox tells me a lot of spots are not solid. I don't understand what's wrong, or what I'm missing...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.