Shield texture issues *please read*

Xenix

Question

19 answers to this question

Already know that. I tried that. Not to mention that this plugin I am using is as accurate as they come. And, actually, this shield is set to have two separate shield textures for each half. Both halves are able to be modified independently. I was thinking it had something to do with the way I have it loading the shield texture on the right side of the shield. Maybe an invalid command.

Either way, I hope to fix it.

No worries. I'm just glad you made the effort. :) Who knows, maybe YOU will figure it out on accident and be able to tell ME something I don't know. :P

But yeah, this is one of the last few problems I am having. If I could fix this and the boomerang, I'd be golden and start working on my actual project.

0xF9 G_SETBLENDCOLOR Sets the blend color for combiner

0xD9 F3DEX2_GEOMETRYMODE Enables or disables certain geometry parameters (ex. lighting, front-/backface culling, Z-buffer)

Might be D9, but it doesn't sound like it? Best to find something like it, but what if the texture doesn't apply in the proper direction?

0xF2 G_SETTILESIZE Sets the texture coordinates and size

0xF5 G_SETTILE Sets the texture properties (ex. mirroring)

0xFD G_SETTIMG Sets the texture image offset

http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/F3DEX2

Okay, so I had it loading a separate texture already, so I was looking at that F5 and D7 command.
Here's the segment before the next E7 command:
E7 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 E3 00 10 01 00 00 00 00
D7 00 00 02 FF FF FF FF FD 10 00 00 06 01 93 58

F5 10 00 00 07 05 83 50 E6 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
F3 00 00 00 07 7F F1 00

I've tried messing with those values and it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

I was right then XD It was an issue with the tiling mode. Visual issues like that can be caused by UV values all sharing the one edge of the mapping, or by the tiling mode being set to clamp on the wrong axis, or by the tiling mode being set to clamp and the mapping for the faces having U or V values greater than 1.0 (or 1024, as the N64 doesn't use floats for texture mapping values).

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.