Maps for MM

DeathBasket

Question

11 answers to this question

I dunno about it working on console, but as I recall importing maps into MM isn't a big deal.  I imported maps from OOT, and even had and actor converions tool that traded common actors like trees, and rocks for there MM counterpart.  The only real trick of it was patching up the OOT header with a few extra commands that OOT lacked.  It wasn't difficult.  Oh that and I recall that the rotation of actors was differnt from OOT to MM.  In OOT 182 = 1 degree of rotation, but in MM 128- 1 degree of rotation.  Oh, that and actors passes variables differntly.  The first digit of the actor variable....I think it had to be ignore by ZAP2MM, or else it crashed.

Oh, on the upside MM contains 5 blank spots in the scene chart for levels that were removed.  I imported Hyrule Field to MM, and since there were more slots in the scene chart empty, I toyed with the idea of porting the entire over world from OOT....

Damn, that was a long time ago.

Death Basket, by the way, you still have the remote control Bombchu patch or code?  I really need that for my mod.  It will need tweaked first of coarse, but if you have the patch/code handy, I could at least use it for testing purposes.

Death Basket, by the way, you still have the remote control Bombchu patch or code?  I really need that for my mod.  It will need tweaked first of coarse, but if you have the patch/code handy, I could at least use it for testing purposes.

It's here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/169jvby2rleemnd/remote_bombchu.zip

I was more asking about what tools are best to use than differences to OoT. I'm sure I can figure things I should change out for myself if I need to, but I'm not sure which tools are currently best for converting maps and objects. 

First off, thank you for the remote control bombchus.  I hope you'll help tweak them for a better fit in game, but even if you don't it's still a wonderful mod allready.

Sorry, I should have realized what you were asking for.

Well there was this:

http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Z64porter

But I'm pretty sure that's going the wrong direction.

I could always bang out a piece of code for you.  I could use the practice.  Let me know, ok?

The thing is that he wants to import maps into MM. The maps can be custom or ported from OoT.

#1 Decompress MM

#2 be sure to add the new scene and map addresses to the DMA table.  MM is touchie.

#3 add the new scene to the scene table.  There are 5 unused slots to choose from.

#4 edit the exit table...though honestly I can't make heads or tails of the MM exit system.

#5 edit the OOT header to include MM commands

#6 profit?

alternately

#1 Keep bugging JSA, spinout, or XDaniel till they kill you.  Opps, I mean't make the porting tool for you.

I'm really glad they removed the 'smite' option on this forum.   :D

The best way to get the display list at least is by using xdan's latest converter, as it seems to function perfectly on console. I don't think we've really had many issues with collision, so I'd guess that there wouldn't be any issues with that if you were to make the rest of the map using SharpOcarina or Hylian Toolbox and just overwrite the dlists.

The best way to get the display list at least is by using xdan's latest converter, as it seems to function perfectly on console. I don't think we've really had many issues with collision, so I'd guess that there wouldn't be any issues with that if you were to make the rest of the map using SharpOcarina or Hylian Toolbox and just overwrite the dlists.

Wait, what?  You don't need to go to such extremes.  MM maps port just fine.  Before it only took minutes using my VB6 based porter, which was driven by source code modification.  I ported Hyrule Field, Lake Hylia, Zelda's Courtyard, and 118 with little effort and grand results.

Still, this new tool you speak of intrigue me.  My upgrade to the Haunted Wasteland could use some improveement.  Can I get a link please.

5UdzGXW.jpg

I made this map with SharpOcarina a while ago and did some testing to see how I could get it to run on hardware. You're going to have to at least add the 0x1B command to the scene header. You can use 1B090000 02xxxxxx and have it point to this data if you want. You'll probably have to add a pointer to the camera data in the collision header as well. If you point it to a bunch of zeroes then there should be no problems with the camera.

Anyway, that's how I got the above map to work on real hardware.

Edit: Oh yeah, use the program Arcaith linked to above me for converting the map's model.

Edit2: Forgot another thing. Make sure Link's Y rotation ends with 00 if you plan on using the 1B command with that data I linked to.

• Like 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.