The Beta Actors - Viewing BETA animations and models

Airikita

So wait, how did they make the cow not render the nose ring? Is the actor hardcoded to not render that particular limb or something? Because I've always seen it while working on actor rendering:

I am not too sure, but there is a missing limb in the hierarchy... I suspect because the child and parent limbs are set to FF FF, that suggests it just gets cut out somehow by the looks of it, but I can't change it to 05 FF or FF 05 because the final limb still needs to end with FF FF.

My guess is as good as yours, it might be in the cow, but the drawing function isn't out of the ordinary to me.

In MM (J) 1.0, the cows have this ring, btw, good job!, how you have done this?

I attached it to the nose display list with a DE command, I can't seem to force it otherwise.

Those aren't child and parent limbs, tho, first byte is the child, second byte is the next limb. And the "chain", so to speak, goes down properly: limb 0 has limb 1 as child, limb 1 has limb 2 as child, limb 2 has limb 3 as next, limb 3 has limb 4 as child, limb 4 terminates this chain. It's weird regardless...

Those aren't child and parent limbs, tho, first byte is the child, second byte is the next limb. And the "chain", so to speak, goes down properly: limb 0 has limb 1 as child, limb 1 has limb 2 as child, limb 2 has limb 3 as next, limb 3 has limb 4 as child, limb 4 terminates this chain. It's weird regardless...

(changed)

The limb has been restored with some hierarchy hackery:

RestoredCowNoseRing_zps23d9b4fa.jpg

It animates freely from the cow nose, it is not attached with a DE command, but a slightly extended hierarchy... I had to mess with it a bit because the hierarchy was all wrong, and seemed to be damaged somehow by whatever Nintendo did.

The new hierarchy is this:

00000000 000001FF 06001A80

0000130B 13E602FF 06001FE8

0000F794 0252FF03 06002760

0000F794 044604FF 06002368

0000FDED 00BC05FF 00000000

0000FFFF FF88FFFF 06002628

I basically copied 0000FDED 00BC05FF 06002628, doubled it, removed the first one to 00000000 and pointed to index 05 so that the next one would be read. I changed the x,y,z values to fit the nose around, and voila! I simply extended the cow's object file to fit the new fitted hierarchy.

When I left 0000FDED 00BC05FF 06002628, the cow was flashing seizure disco colors, so by removing the original ring, it fitted perfectly.

Note that it didn't show in Zelda OoT 1.0-Debug (US):

--------------------------------------------------------------------

ZeldaOOT_Skulltula_valleeGerudo2.jpg

EDIT:

You can download the files here for use of the cow with the nose ring:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p92qq9m1jr1t8g6/ovl_En_Cow_Custom.zip

Includes .zobj and .zactor files

I'd say that the nose ring was removed from the US version for localisation reasons. I'd say it'd be because it was considered cruel to the animal, NOA would have stepped in due to worries about complaints from PETA.

I agree, but I think it deserves a spot in my mod... there will be blood to shed, and tears to cry in my mod... lol. Still, the whole nose ring thing has a beta-feel to it. Hopefully PETA doesn't cry blasphemy over my animal hacks, I have some plans for Cuccos that can be considered cruel... but it's really up to the player what happens, so I won't make it a mandatory thing.

EDIT: updated the cow post with a download link to the files for others to use.

• 2 months later...
00DE 00D5 Tentacle from inside Lord Jabu-Jabu 
 - 0000 = Reddish brown
 - 0001 = Green
 - 0002 = Grayish blue with some red
 - 0003+ = Already dead

00DF 00D5 Jabu-Jabu Electrified Tentacle 
 - 0000 = Reddish brown
 - 0001 = Green
 - 0002 = Grayish blue with some red
 - 0003 = Corrupt textures, still visible and works
 - 0004 = Dark brownish
 - 0005+ = Blackish gray

0xD5 is object_bxa.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.