GOODBYE, AND F*** YOU GOOGLE!!! (RAGE TOPIC)

Airikita

GOD DAMMIT, NOW MY VIDEOS WILL GO THROUGH A VERIFICATION PROCESS STARTING NEXT YEAR:

I WON'T BE ABLE TO POST VIDEOS ANYMORE, GRR! I will still update my topic when I do more hacks, but... SHIT!

I have another account on Dailymotion, but I don't feel like making that my main hacking channel... I feel like my videos might start disappearing from my channel if there's some controversial crap with Nintendo about them. There's bound to be someday... A STORM IS COMING! (Yes, I'm being over-dramatic about the whole thing)

I remember Youtube complaining about third-party content on my videos... so... probably not looking forward to this. I hope people start striking against Youtube and move to Dailymotion with me. I need to "pack my bags (videos)" eventually.

Just when I actually want to make an effort to create videos, as uninteresting as they might be...

YouTube's just been going downhill since Google. The continuous dumbing down of channels and designs, Google+ crept up slowly but surely, etc... yeah, I wish there was a real alternative to YT as well. There was one thing I actually liked that was introduced during Google's tenure, but I can't for the life of me remember what that even was.

I at least have the ZEY stuff. I might be able to keep my channel going, until something happens. Won't know until then.

@xdaniel: yeah... Google is like a memory loss with Youtube because they keep changing things. They really screwed up how playlists work now. I hate it so much!!!

For my Zelda channel, it's being moved to Dailymotion, but if I ever monetize my other hobby I'll still use Youtube for it. Hell, they don't listen to inputs, and when I criticized something, people at the Youtube feedback forum/board told me the changes were for the best, and my opinion didn't matter.

I think Google has lackys replying to complaints there... fukking conformists.

God. This sucks. I myself have never even attempted to monetize a single video, ever, even though I have like 150 of them and 500k views total. But I know that this WILL affect a lot of people in many ways.

I can imagine youtubers starting to upload their videos several days before they're supposed to come out and have them hidden so that the videos are accepted by the time you're releasing it on your channel. The big issue with this is that youtube will be several days behind. You will see stuff several days after it was actually done, simply because people don't want to release a video before they can make money off of it.

I should consider backing up all my videos at some point (having to buy another hdd... yay...). I only have backups of the few ALBW videos I've uploaded recently, but that's because I haven't removed them from the desktop yet...

Kind of off-topic, but I just noticed today that 5 of my videos have been muted for matching third-party content. All 5 of those videos are using in-game music too.

This is embarassing. My headphones have been unplugged the whole time so I thought the videos were muted.

On-topic, all we can really do is wait and see how this works.

Edited by fkualol

(composite copypasta post from another forum)

Some may say that this is a way to encourage as much originality as possible, but fuck that noise; that's restrictive and de-incentivizing as shit, not to mention severely devaluing what is legitimately original content just because it happens to also coexist with non-original content. Though this doesn't personally screw me over, this will fuck up a lot of people on YT that I respect and admire, so y'know what?

I'm finally fucking done. I'm migrating to DailyMotion (and hopefully I'll actually start doing stuff there).

But hey, maybe a mass migration might have a decent chance of happening since this'll screw over so many people.

Or, something I thought of: if there are LPers/reviewers/etc super hesitant to ditch a chance at YT monetization, they might be able pull a Rifftrax and only put their commentary on YouTube and upload their gameplay footage on Dailymotion/Vimeo/etc, allowing for their commentary to still receive monetization... granted it's a bit out-of-the-way, but considering the forthcoming limitations, it'd be better than nothing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.