Dungeon Door Confirmed to use Multiple Objects

Airikita

Here's the deal, actor 002E is recently confirmed to use multiple object references, not just the 0001 group.

Reference ovl_Door_Shutter.zactor:

ovl_Door_Shutter_observed2_zps7a96b08f.p

Actor Number: 002E - Wooden Metal Studded Lifting Door

Groups:

0001 - Gameplay_keep objects (or dungeon)

0037 - Phantom Ganondorf objects

0096 - Jabu Jabu objects

From 0037, the gate is referenced with 06012AB0, which in object_gnd.zobj points to the bars, which are part of the boss battle with Phantom Ganondorf.

From 0096, Jabu Jabu's dungeon doors are referenced by 06000590, which references the red guts textured doors, and 06006460 points to the webbing that bars Jabu Jabu's doors/valves.

Anyone looking into importing dungeon objects should be aware of this, as changing groups of a dungeon room to 0096, or even possibly 0037, will force the regular dungeon doors to morph into Jabu Jabu's door and Phantom Ganondorf's bars respectively.

Other groups:

001C - Gohma's Door

0036 - Deku Tree objects

00B0 - object_bdoor (boss door)

And the list goes on...

I'm not sure why it references the bars, but it kind of makes sense. Think of how the doors "slide" up? Perhaps the bars use the animation. I'm observing the unknown actor over it, and I still can't see anything obvious to me.

As for how the door works, Gohma uses it too, so I guess it's just because of the animation, and possibly the collision data? (Although likely not the collision)

Boss room door?

Practically all doors that slide, or are in dungeons. The wooden doors you see in Castle Town Market and Kakariko Village are an exception, because the wooden door is a completely different actor. It opens outwards where as this door animations vary, but stick with sliding outwards or inwards.

These are the correlations I mapped out ages ago.

Required Objects
002B - Dodongos Cavern Doors
002C - Fire Temple Doors
0036 - Great Deku Tree Doors
004D - Gerudo Training Grounds Doors
0059 - Water Temple Doors
0072 - Required for Forest Temple Boss Door
0073 - Required for Forest Temple Boss Door
0139 - Ganons Castle Doors
016D - Spirit Temple Doors (may also require object 00F1, untested)
0187 - Shadow Temple / Beneath The Well Doors (may also require object 0069, untested)
018F - Royal Familys Grave
00B0 - Required to load ANY Boss Door

They're also tied to the specific scene number AND offset. If all three aren't present, the door object won't load. At all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.