I think I overdid it...

Conker

• 3 weeks later...

Am I the only one here who literally HATE the taste of Dr. Pepper?

It is very uncommon in sweden to begin with, I don't even think they sell it around where I live at all.

But I tasted it once, and it was horrible. D:

And I've yet to ever drink an energy drink. I don't need it, so why bother. (Simple logic: go to sleep when you're tired.) Even though it may taste great, its way more expensive than other things that most likely taste just as good, so w/e :P

It is very uncommon in sweden to begin with, I don't even think they sell it around where I live at all.

And I've yet to ever drink an energy drink. I don't need it, so why bother. (Simple logic: go to sleep when you're tired.) Even though it may taste great, its way more expensive than other things that most likely taste just as good, so w/e :P

I don't know if I hate it (compared to blasphemes like Big Red, *puke*), but since I stopped drinking sodas over two years ago, its flavor has fallen so low that I can't even finish a half-can. Sodas make my stomach hurt the instant they hit. I think some 20 years of drinking them (yeah...) built up a resistance to the extremely acidic and destructive nature of them, but only in coping. I hope my reverse lifestyle will heal some of the obvious wounds.

I know we have Dr. Pepper over here (pretty sure REWE and likely Real sell it, at least) but I don't think I've ever had any... Think I'm fine with Coke and Pepsi Twist. But not normal Pepsi, that stuff is... not very good.

REWE also has it? :o I've only seen Real sell them where I live. Do you live in a bigger town? That would explain why only Real has it here.

I'm with ya bro, I don't like the German Dr. Pepper. But most sodas taste differently depending on what continent/country you live in. Fanta for example tastes much more orange-ish in Germany than in Canada, and Sprite contains more sugar in Canada than in Germany. Canadian Sprite is awesome though since it keeps you up all night due to the sugar flash you get after drinking just two bottles, which means you can play more video games ^^.

REWE also has it? :o I've only seen Real sell them where I live. Do you live in a bigger town? That would explain why only Real has it here.

Hm, I'm not 100% sure, but IIRC the nearest here REWE has it. Also "yes" to the bigger town or, well, city (Wiesbaden to be exact), so that might be a factor, too. I'll have a look when I get to REWE again, as well as check the local Edeka's drinks/beverages store (or however to translate "Getränkemarkt"), as that's within walking distance even.

Hm, I'm not 100% sure, but IIRC the nearest here REWE has it. Also "yes" to the bigger town or, well, city (Wiesbaden to be exact), so that might be a factor, too. I'll have a look when I get to REWE again, as well as check the local Edeka's drinks/beverages store (or however to translate "Getränkemarkt"), as that's within walking distance even.

Hell yeah! Lets go analyze all the stores around us xD.

Found it:

mShSImD.png

1l for 1.49€ + 0.15€ deposit at Edeka. Now here's hoping this wasn't a mispurchase... *goes to drink some*

...*takes a minute to open the bottle as it was shaked during transport*... smells like some kinda bubble gum... and tastes like it, too. It's not bad, I guess... but not really good, either...

...yeah, I'll mainly stick to Coke and Pepsi Twist, soft drink-wise, but maybe get this once in a while to mix things up.

xdaniel: Dr.Pepper is a cherry soda which is supposed to be mild. I love the sweet, light taste of Dr.Pepper, it's not harsh like Coke and Pepsi (especially Pepsi which is stronger).

It's probably just a matter of expectations, as I didn't necessarily expect it to taste like cherry-flavored bubble gum (and there's one that tastes exactly like this Dr. Pepper). It's... well, after having drank most of the bottle, it's actually pretty good for what it is. I'll likely still gonna prefer Coke over it, tho.

Found it:

*image of tall bottle*

1l for 1.49€ + 0.15€ deposit at Edeka. Now here's hoping this wasn't a mispurchase... *goes to drink some*

...*takes a minute to open the bottle as it was shaked during transport*... smells like some kinda bubble gum... and tastes like it, too. It's not bad, I guess... but not really good, either...

...yeah, I'll mainly stick to Coke and Pepsi Twist, soft drink-wise, but maybe get this once in a while to mix things up.

Not fair, I want those awesome tall-looking bottles in 'murica. :(

xdaniel: Dr.Pepper is a cherry soda which is supposed to be mild. I love the sweet, light taste of Dr.Pepper, it's not harsh like Coke and Pepsi (especially Pepsi which is stronger).

Huh, I thought it was a prune soda?

I mean, they have a Dr. Pepper Cherry, but I thought the original flavor was based off of prunes?

EDIT:

Never mind.

It has absolutely no prune juice, as it turns out that's just some kind of long-running rumor, or whatever.

I've always been a Mountain Dew/Root Beer kind of guy, but a Dr. Pepper here and there is good. Though I kind of prefer it's competition... Pibb Xtra (formerly known as Mr. Pibb).

american-dad-mr-pibb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.