Cutscene Confusion

SanguinettiMods

Question

Hey guys! I need a little bit of help.

http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Cutscenes

wwrr [0000] [aaaaaaaa] [xxxxyyyyzzzz] [????]

w = FF on last entry, 00 for more entries

r = camera roll (signed byte, unused?)
a = angle of view in degrees (float, unused?)
x = x position
y = y position
z = z position

Can any of you figure out how to en/decode debug camera information with that format? JSA's Cutscene tool can kind of do it, but I'd like to know how it's done. This would really save me some work. Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Okay, here we go.

So for the first segment [WWRR].

If you want this particular camera entry to be the last in the list, WW should be set to FF, otherwise it should be 00.

RR is the tilt of the camera, sideways.

[0000] that's just a line of 0s. We can ignore that.

[AAAAAAAA] is the angle of the view (basically the rotation, I believe) and is a float. A float being a floating point number, so a number that has a decimal point as opposed to an integer which is a whole number. 1.03 = float. 1 = integer. Look up float to Hex converters in Google.

[XXXXYYYYZZZZ] is the position of the camera itself. Think of this as the location of the camera's lens.

[AAAAAAAA] is the angle of the view (basically the rotation, I believe) and is a float. A float being a floating point number, so a number that has a decimal point as opposed to an integer which is a whole number. 1.03 = float. 1 = integer. Look up float to Hex converters in Google.

Incorrect. Angle of view is (to oversimplify things I don't fully understand) camera zoom. Smaller angles result in less of the game world being view-able, but more of it will be stretched out on the screen, while larger angles result in more of the game world to be view-able. Thus moving from a larger to smaller angle then causes you to "zoom in", while moving from a smaller angle of view to a larger one will cause you to "zoom out".

But anyway, x rotation and y rotation are calculated by finding the angle using the Camera Position and Camera Focus Point coordinates, which requires a bit of trig to figure out. I might post how later.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.