Show your TV center/game collection

HeavyZ

Living room setups and PC's are also welcome. If most of your stuff that would normally go in here is in your bedroom then feel free to post if you like.

Here's mine, Kinda proud to have this much since I've only been employed probably 7 months altogether in the past 2 years, and almost everything in this post was obtained in  about the last year 1 & 1/2 sorry for the horrible picture quality :P

Posted Image

Inside the left TV center door

Posted Image

Some of the Snes, and N64 games are only in the last image.. I broke my collectors code and traded some of my rarest N64 games since I have them on my N64 flashcart. I'll get them back though

Posted Image

All of my Nes games

Posted Image

Just so you can read the lables on what few PS1 games I have

Posted Image

Controllers

Posted Image

My babies

Posted Image

After Market N64 Joystick. I have two controllers with them.

Posted Image

• Like 5

Mine wouldnt be much to see. Just my overpowered emulation PC and a large basket full of controllers of all kinds (and my high def big screen of course).

All my emus from NES to PS2 and Wii (and everything in between) are on that PC with my ripped game images. I remember when my entertainment center looked like that and I was proud of it damnit! But then the wife said she needed the room so I "had" to consolidate by building and customizing a kick ass emulation PC. OH NOES...lol

Lulz, I've had most of this before and sold it when I was like 13/14. don't let my stuff intimidate you from posting yours either haha, someones going to post and blow me out of the water, mine is nothing compared to what I've seen on Assemblergames. Even though it doesn't say so in the title of the thread your PC counts. As far as I'm concerned if it's got a screen, and it's used to play games then post it if you want, heck show your living room off. Also I will update the first post because I figure living room setups should be allowed in this thread. If any said person doesn't have a living room all of their own with their junk in it show your bedroom.

I'd hate to ask, but if an Admin feels like it, then please update the name of this post to "show your (either, and) Living room/TV/PC/Game collection"

As I've mentioned here's all of the stuff I sold when I was young and dumb. A year ago my dad found these photo's and I have them on my Facebook now..

I miss all of my posters and everything else I sold :(

These are all from anywhere between 8-10 years ago, I couldn't say exactly.

Skull with daggers. You'll notice a bunch of pics I drew on my wall in all of these photo's

Posted Image

PS2, Gamecube, and DVD's

Posted Image

Mostly Posters and other junk

Posted Image

More of my old room

Posted Image

More of the old TV center... man that stereo system was beast

Posted Image

Different games for Various systems

Posted Image

Can you guys tell I was obsessed with DBZ?

Posted Image

..or obsessed with anything nerdy period haha..

Posted Image

aurgh, I'm envious of my old self. Anyways, that's all I would have to show new, or old.

Posted Image

• Like 1

First off, DB and DBZ are awesome! Secondly, I am pretty boring. If you must see it, there isnt much to it. My Rig looks like this:

Posted Image

The specs are in my sig.

My living room is plain, just a van Gogh painting (replica of course) and furniture. I play all my games on that machine. I made a custom front end for all my games and systems. I put it in the desktop thread somewhere.

• Like 1

Most of my game collection is on my modded wii. It's not much to look at, but I have a video showing off my mods and some of my games.My Nintendo Wii is pretty much a retro emu and media box that also plays GCN and Wii ISO's. lolFor those curious, I have the following all on my Modded Wii + it's 1TB HDD.-Every NES game-Every SNES game

-Every Genesis/MegaDrive game-Every GameGear and Master System game (lol forgot about those)-Every GB, GBC, and GBA game-Every Virtual Boy game (idk why I bothered, but hey, the emulation is good, so why not)-A few PS1 games (Crash, GTA, LSD Dream Emulator, and a few others)-A few worthwhile Sega CD games (Sonic CD, Echo the Dolphin CD, Puggsy CD)

-All the best GCN games (Lol too many to list, at least 90 of them)

-All the best Wii games and some other shovelware Wii games.-All the best N64 VC games (Zelda, Mario, Starfox, Smash Bros, etc.)-All the best Wiiwares. (Cave Story, Mega Man 9, Mega Man 10, etc.)-Netflix and Youtube-WiiMC with tons of TV shows and movies, including DragonBall Series and the Ghostbusters movies. 

Edit: Most of my more modern games were obtained legally through my backup loaders inbuilt disc ripper. I can't say anything about my retro collection though. >_>

• Like 1

You do realize that even alluding to warez, downloads, etc can be bad news for you right? ALL of your games must be ripped from your originals.

Oh, did you rip all of those N64 ROMs I know you have yourself? No? They count as much as Wii or GC, in case you didn't know.

But see, nobody here actually cares. You shouldn't, either.

• Like 3

I can't show you a collection of games I have right now, but I can show you a inventory list I have of what games I have on my PC:

N64:Banjo-KazooieBanjo-TooieMM_DebugMajora's MaskMajora's Mask RandomizerKirby 64Zeldas BirthdayOcarina of TimeOcarina of Time DEBUGOcarina of Time Four SwordsMario Party 2Paper MarioSuper Mario 64 Co-opSuper Smash Bros.Pokemon Stadium 2Zelda: Voyager of TimeDonkey Kong 64Bust a Move 2 Arcade EditionGBA/GBC:Banjo - Grunty's RevengeBionicle Maze of ShadowsDensetsu no StafyFinal Fantasy X - Fantasy WarKeitai Denjuu Telefang Power VersionLink's AwakeningOracle of SeasonsOracle of AgesMetroid IISuper Mario Bros. DeluxeKeitai Denju Telefang Speed VersionMetroid FusionMetroid Zero MissionPokemon BluePokemon Leaf GreenPokemon YellowSummon NightTelefang 2 - SpeedA Link to the PastMegamanMegaman IIMegaman IIIMegaman IVMegaman VSega Genesis:Castlevania - BloodlinesMegaman: The Wily Wars/Rockman Mega WorldSonic the HedgehogSonic the Hedgehod 2 Complete ver.VectormanSega CD:Sonic CDNES:Action 52CastlevaniaCastlevania II - Simon's QuestCastlevania III - Dracula's CurseMetroidGodzilla - Monster of Monsters!The Guardian LegendMegamanMegaman IIMegaman IIIMegaman IVMegaman VMegaman VIMetroid Redux (A hack by me c: )Ninja GaidenNintendo World ChampionshipsPokemon GoldSomariSuper Mario Bros. HACKTower of DruagaZelda IIKid IcarusDS:Animal Crossing Wild WorldMetroid Prime HuntersChrono Trigger DSPokemon Soul SilverPokemon White 2Super Mario 64 DSThe World Ends With YouOkamiDenPS2:Shadow of the Colossus Preview VersionOkamiSNES:Chrono TriggerChrono Trigger Crimson EchoesChrono Trigger Prophet's GuileSuper Mario WorldSuper Mario All StarsSuper MetroidSuper Metroid Zero MissionBS ZeldaClaymatesA Link to the PastStarfox 2EarthboundGodzilla - Kaijuu no DaikessenKirby Super StarMegaman VIIMegaman XMegaman X2Megaman X3Mighty Morphin' Power RangersPocky and RockyRadical DreamersStarfoxSuper Castlevania IVSuper Kaizo WorldGamecube:Wind WakerTwilight PrincessLuigi's MansionDigimon World 4Metroid Prime 2-----------------------------PC GAMES-----------------------------Freeware (Free games):I Wanna Be the BoshyMegaman 8-bit DeathmatchMegaman UnlimitedEscape Lavender TownSmiley BlenderThe Rise of MagusAo Oni 6.23IbMad FatherPokemon Lost Silver HIDDENSCP - Containment BreachAo Oni 5.2League of LegendsChrono AlterCat MarioKerble Space ProgramPokemon 3DSuper Smash Flash 2 V9Super Smash FlashSuper Smash LandUFO DefenseBionicle Voya NuiI Wanna Be The GuyMinecraftMinecraft 1.6 LauncherMinecraft: Aetheric CrusadeSPORE Creature Creator (no game)Mari0Metroid ConfrontationMetroid ZeroMetroid CubedMinitroidElementaryHospiceSanatoriumSlenderSlendytubbiesZelda ClassicZelda Classic Quest: A Link to PowerZelda Classic Quest: Darknut WarsZelda Classic Quest: Fun in the SunZelda Classic Quest: Link DarkZelda Classic Quest: Link Dark 2Zelda Classic Quest: Link Dark 3Zelda Classic Quest: Link Dark 4Zelda Classic Quest: Link Dark 5Zelda Classic Quest: Mario CrsZelda Classic Quest: MetroidZelda Classic Quest: Metroid AZelda Classic Quest: Metroid FZelda Classic Quest: Metroid SR377Zelda Classic Quest: Metroid XL-75Zelda Classic Quest: NightmareSteam:Alice: Madness ReturnsAssassin's CreedAssassin's Creed IIBioShockCastle CrashersDark Souls: Prepare to Die EditionDota 2 TestDota 2Dust: An Elysian TailDwarfs F2PHalf-LifeMaplestoryMcPixelCry of FearPlanetSide 2PortalPortal 2Primal CarnageRealm of the Mad GodTerrariaOblivionSkyrimVVVVVVTeam Fortress 2Demos:Ao Oni 3DAM2R (Metroid II Remake)Metroid RemixMetroid Remix Demo 2

Here's my mess...

The left: the "Family Game" Famiclone, A/V SCART switcher and JVC A/V receiver and amplifier (also featuring Mega Man 2)

Posted Image

The right: the Wii, Saturn, PS2 and assorted accessories, Saturn games, manga and DVDs

Posted Image

The... center and top right: the Sony Trinitron CRT TV and Super Famicom

Posted Image

Further to the right: messy and not even completely filled shelves of games and a few manga (GA <3)

Posted Image

Another shelf/cabinet with Mega Drive (original Wily Wars and Mega CD 2 <3) and Game Boy stuff, more manga, magazines, artbooks, player's guides, etc.

Posted Image

The big controller drawer, also featuring more games - GB/GBA and WonderSwan, plus the Swan itself - and accessories (photo is upside down for some reason)

Posted Image

The big drawer of other things, with duplicate or other-region consoles (or dead ones; damn you, 32X), as well as other bigger stuff, like my Game Gear's carrying case with its contents (this photo, too, is upside down)

Posted Image

The two boxes of SNES/SFC and N64 goodies, both loose cartridges and boxed games, and my ZIP drive's parallel port cable for linking my GameShark to the ol' ThinkPad

Posted Image

Missing stuff, the rest of the room's quite messy, it's late and I'm tired.

• Like 5

Impressive collection Xdan, there's not much there I don't plan on obtaining sooner or later online myself. I aim for the Famicom and super Famicom soon, as well as the Sega 32x, and Sega CD. Super plus for boxed Nes, Famicom, and Super Famicom games.  Also is that Duck Tales for Nes?? That's freaking rare. Mega Man 2. What? Willy Wars? Even Japanese games that are available in NTSC, and Pal like Mario 64. I got a feeling you can speak Japanese

heavy: Yep, that's DuckTales, although I believe the sequel is the rarer one? This first one was 5€ at a flea market or something. Mega Man 2 I just mentioned because its box happened to be next to the Famiclone when I took the photo, it's a normal PAL version too, so nothing rare here either. What is rare is Mega Man: Wily Wars, the one in the center behind the Mega Drive 2 + Mega CD 2 combo, and it's as far as I can tell not a reproduction either.

And some of my Japanese games I just happened to come across for cheaper than a PAL or NTSC-U version, such as Super Mario 64. That one was... less than 10€ on eBay back when, I think, while the PAL version still goes for 15€-20€. I sadly don't understand much Japanese - enough for some basic sentences, menus in game, things like that, but I'd be completely lost if I had to hold a conversation.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot there was a Duck Tales 2, you're right. Still it's been a while since I've even seen that cart. I wasn't aware you weren't in the U.S so I figured Mega Man 2 was an NTSC copy, but I should of guessed otherwise since you had Willy Wars.. or maybe not? It's strange that Japan, and NTSC display in a different Hz than Pal. And well you understand more than me haha, I know phrases from ending/opening themes from anime's, but that is all. At any rate a lot of those things may become rare within the next 5, or 10 years, I've noticed prices going up on things, seven years ago I could have gotten all of my games for half the price. Though I don't care how rare they get later down the line unless something I own is damaged I won't sell it, and if I do sell damaged games it's only because I plan on buying the ones in the best condition possible anyways.

Flea markets are a gamers friend as well, it's a shame I no longer live near one, and yard sales just don't yeild the old school stuff as often as they used too

About Mega Man games, how much are Mega Man 1 and 5 in the US? Over here, their PAL versions are ridiculously expensive; they're both at least 80€ each, I think, and that's cart-only, let alone complete. And MM6 was never even released here originally, so there's only the US version to be had... for several hundred Euro.

And that things get rarer with prices going up - or never coming down in the first place - is true. My WonderSwan comes to mind here, might've mentioned that before. I bought it - a blue violet SwanCrystal, then new from Lik-Sang - about 10 years ago, when Bandai was phasing out the platform, for the normal price of ca. 70€ or so. That price has never really gone down - a quick check of eBay Germany shows the cheapest to be a loose one from France, for 50€ plus shipping. The next one is also loose, and is 90€ plus shipping from Japan. Granted, it has a cart-only copy of an Inuyasha game with it, but that's more for a loose system than what I paid for my new, boxed one back then!

Yeah, busted :)

Calling complete, 100% bullshit until you post a picture of your ripping hardware.

If you don't, it's pretty obvious you're only trying to stir shit up, especially with a smart-ass reply like the one I just quoted.

Otherwise, stop making posts like that on a site which focuses heavily on emulation as well as ROMs, because like I said, nobody here cares about someone downloading ROMs of games they do not own. At all.

And again, neither should you.

Look, I'm not trying to be a dick, or anything like that, but it gets on my nerves to see posts like that, from people I know for a fact have plenty of games in their emulated collection that they do not own. I know you do. You know you do.

If I did come off as a dick with my previous post and this one, I'll only say it once: sorry. But yeah, just saying it once.

• Like 1

Dumping N64 ROMs? Come on, that requires literally just an N64, a GameShark, a parallel port cable and an old PC, nothing difficult to come by. SNES, GB or whatever is a different story, but N64 games are among the easiest to rip.

So? My point still stands.

I'd like to see this very configuration of his, then (or an actual piece of hardware that does the job he may have).

Otherwise, I am positive his collection of ROMs is filled with games he didn't rip himself (call me an ass if you want, but I'm not trying to be; you don't make a post like that and expect nobody to react this way).  

EDIT:

Actually, let's see it all. I am very intrigued to see images of your ripping setup, haddockd. That includes NES, too, as well as ripping solutions for all of your other cartridge-based games.

EDIT 2:

Also looking forward to seeing your OoT debug cartridge, man. Must be a great collection piece.

Wha? You TOTALLY misread the "busted" post. I was saying that I was busted. While I do rip all of my PS1, PS2, GC, etc the really old systems might be a different story ;)

I only made the initial comment because most sites severely frown on even the illusion of such things. I did not realize this forum was not like that (even though perhaps I should have known already).

Wha? You TOTALLY misread the "busted" post. I was saying that I was busted. While I do rip all of my PS1, PS2, GC, etc the really old systems might be a different story ;)

Thanks for being vague. >.>

It totally came off as you responding to question in a smart-ass way. :|

Well then. But, see, it's kind of the same thing, cartridge system or not, old or new, etc. It's as bad for NES/SNES/N64 as PS2, GC, etc. :P

Well, one more time won't hurt: sorry. :P

About Mega Man games, how much are Mega Man 1 and 5 in the US? Over here, their PAL versions are ridiculously expensive; they're both at least 80€ each, I think, and that's cart-only, let alone complete. And MM6 was never even released here originally, so there's only the US version to be had... for several hundred Euro.

And that things get rarer with prices going up - or never coming down in the first place - is true. My WonderSwan comes to mind here, might've mentioned that before. I bought it - a blue violet SwanCrystal, then new from Lik-Sang - about 10 years ago, when Bandai was phasing out the platform, for the normal price of ca. 70€ or so. That price has never really gone down - a quick check of eBay Germany shows the cheapest to be a loose one from France, for 50€ plus shipping. The next one is also loose, and is 90€ plus shipping from Japan. Granted, it has a cart-only copy of an Inuyasha game with it, but that's more for a loose system than what I paid for my new, boxed one back then!

80 Euro each? that's around 100$ in US right? Holy crap lol 

I'll post what they cost for copy's only in good condition, otherwise they are cheaper if you look in the right spots. Like this place

http://search.half.ebay.com/Mega-man-nes_W0QQmZvideoQ2dgamesQQ_trksidZp3030Q2em1446Q2el2686

I didn't want to share that website where everyone could see it, since people here could be buying all of the cheap good condition games I could be buying haha, but eh' oh well.

Mega Man 1 is 50.00$ here

Mega Man 2 is  20.00$

Mega Man 3 is around 20, or 30.00$

Mega Man 4 is around 30$ on that website, but I bought my copy at a local retro game store for 20.00$ and they use Amazon to reference their prices

Mega Man 5 is around 60.00$ or 70

Mega Man 6 is around 30 to 40

So, yeah if I'm right then whoever was selling that MM 6 for several hundred Euro is taking advantage of the fact that it's hard to get a lot of US games over their.

And it does pay to hold on to things, I'd start buying extra copy's of rare games man, that way you can sacrifice one and still have another in the future and see yourself sitting on stacks of cash.

Or, just keep buying a non rare, but not too cheap Nes game or something like SMB3 and every pay check just keep buying a copy until you're about 40yrs old. You'd be making the game more, and more rare lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.