Wind Waker HD Discussion

Armos

Hey guys, after the announcement of Wind Waker HD, I seem to wonder what Nintendo is doing with the game now. As well as making changes to the environment "If they are" replacing existing dungeons with new ones "If possible" and adding new content. I hope everyone has seen the news for the new items like Tingle Bottle which has the ability to support wifi to get help from strangers, and the new feature to make Link's ship aka "King of Red Lions" sail faster when you push a button which is a neat addition to the game. What are you're thoughts on the game right now? And what do you think is going to be changed with in the game its self? Here is the trailer if anyone wishes to watch it. And if you pay attention closely at the end of the video at 1:24. You can notice that there is an unfamiliar Island that I have never seen before in the game. Is this part of the new content they were talking about being added? I've never seen a house with a bridge before on an Island and from me it looks like they are trying to show us some hints in the video. The Island looks new indeed. Well that's my opinion, what do you think of the game? Will you be buying it? Share your thoughts please. :)

EDIT: Can someone please fix the video link? I can't seem to get it to load. Thanks.

EDIT: Fixed

• Like 1

[youtube]watch?v=cDwHZUDpy5w[/youtube]

Use just the video ID, without the "watch?v=":

Comments about the game... I might post later. Tired and don't feel like putting my thoughts together :P

It's fine, and I'll fix the link. But that Island looks really suspicious. ;)

From what I've heard, they only seem to be shortening it even more. Faster boat, shorter Triforce hunt, easier grappling hook fishing. Hmm... I thought the problem was the game was too short and abruptly ended, this'll only make it worse. The main reason I'll be buying it is for the increased difficulty mode(I literally only died once on my first play through, and even then it was because I was tired) and for, well, 1080p. It'll still be a great game though, just *sigh*, the more they focus on new games the faster they'll come out and the sooner the Wii U can gain some momentum.

Also, too much bloom. ;)

• Like 1

As far as I know its only, better graphics(duh), shorter load times(turns out sailing was such a pain in the ass do to the game actually loading) and increased difficulty(all the shit I just described was already mentioned so ya) Wind waker apparently had cut dungeons and they wont be restoring them because they say they were actually used in other zelda games, they wouldn't give any specifics though...

From all I've seen, it's basically the original game with faster sailing, faster/less item cutscenes, no tingle tuner, different interface, much better lighting and a ton of bloom. Having said that, this is the only game at the moment that makes me want to get a Wii U.

• Like 3

I'm not much of a Twilight Princess graphics fanatic my self. But I enjoyed the game. The graphics in Wind Waker its self is fine, but I kinda wish they would of stick with the cel-shaded graphics. The characters just look plain and clay like.

Posted Image

I've saw that picture, it looks really interesting. Pretty darker and cool than the original I must admit. Love how they have the shading in dark corners. Looks almost like how a dungeon should be. Hyrule Castle if I pressume? :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.