Disappearing actors.

Rinku

Question

Hello,

I know this problem has been addressed before but I couldn't find the topic.

In my custom map, sometimes, when I go into another room and then go back (using doors as transition actors), some actors disappear. These actors include blocks (most of the time), fake doors, yellow boulders and Fire Temple pillars.

Any idea?

Thank you for reading and thank you for help.

Solved, going to explain tomorrow.

OFF TOPIC:

By the way, if you see this, spinout, please check the OpenID topic in
The Central Hub, as Three_Pendants addressed a problem with the spam blocker on the wiki.

7 answers to this question

mzxrules: No, that wasn't the problem.

Now the solution: I know that blocks are connected to switch flags, so if the block disappeared too, it must be some switch flag that was set.

After some testing, I found out that brown boulders, Megaton statues and fake doors are all connected to switch flags. Destroying a boulder would set a switch flag (00) and when I re-entered the room, all these actors would be gone, including the push block, as the flag was still set.

The switch flag can be set in the variable, of course. I added information about these on http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Modification_and_Addition_of_Switches.

With this information, you can set the brown boulder, Megaton statue or fake door to be temporary, permanently, or localy destroyed.

I plan on adding this on the actor list too, as soon as spinout has fixed the spam blocker.

A special note for SanguinettiMods: I found out that you were the one who reported the same problem (with boulders) back in september 2011, in Sharp Ocarina's topic. If you still have the same problem, I think these informations will help you.

A great way to make these actors reappear after changing rooms is to attach them all to the same local flag (I used 38) that is not used by any adjacent rooms. So you use only one flag.

But if you have a Megaton statue or boulders blocking a door, you will of course prefer using temporary or permanent flags...

Thanks for reading!

mzxrules: If everyone would make their own notes public, we could easily fill the wiki, I think.

Arcaith: Well, the informations about push blocks are in your thread (the same ones that I read on the wiki a while ago, I think), but not the things about the boulders etc..

spinout: Well, I think the informations about the boulders, Megaton statues and fake doors were not on the wiki (excepted the ones I added yesterday, of course); this is why I made a topic. Oh, and don't forget to fix the spam blocking thing on the wiki, please (the problem was addressed in my OpenID thread). Thank you very much!

Thank you very much for reading!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.