Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS

Spire

It is, because paid DLC can easily cause disparity between players who are able to make purchases for digital content and those who aren't. If Nintendo goes this route, anyone who chooses to buy the extra characters likely won't be able to play with anyone who can't afford to get the DLC--unless they choose to lock certain characters that you have to pay for but leave the content for that character in the game a la Soul Calibur. However, that's an even poorer decision in my opinion, because I strongly disagree with something as critical an asset as a character in a fighting game having a price tag on it in addition to what you paid for the game.

• Like 1

Go the PSASBR route: add DLC characters/stages to the game through updates, and pay to unlock them.

That way, it's in no way a part of the original game (disc, digital download), but is still added in.

Personally, if someone manages to complain about paying for DLC characters that way, well, I am going to start saying a bunch of shit about gamer-entitlement that will just piss people off(EDIT: I should probably clarify that the gamer entitlement thing was a joke, before anyone decides to overreact towards me like usual).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.