Tetrisphere

Shadow Fire

TetrisphereTitle.png

Gamemaster: Shadow Fire

sig_sep.png

REMAINING TIME

sig_sep.png

You are all hereby challenged to play Tetrisphere for the Nintendo 64. Developed by H2O Entertainment, a Canadian company, this game gives a fresh approach to the classic Tetris that we are familiar with. Unlike other Tetris titles, the goal in Tetrisphere is somewhat different. You must free your robotic friends from within the spherical core. As time counts down, the sphere will start moving towards you. In order to successfully remove the blocks away from the core, you must perform successful drops of blocks. An unsuccessful drop, or having the sphere touch you will result in a penalty, and once you have incurred three penalties, it is game over. There are a variety of game modes, but this challenge will have you playing Time Trial. Instead of being required to free your companion from within the core, you must uncover a picture of your respective robot avatar. You will have five minutes to score as high as you can, and reach the highest level you can. With each passing level, the difficulty will increase. Good luck!

sig_sep.png

CONTENTS

The download pack will contain the following:

• A copy of the rules and some info
  • A text file, titled after the game game, for you to record your score and final level achieved, as well as the date of completion, and any comments you may have for the game

Please note: The game file will not be provided for this challenge, however, it can be found easily.

You may need an emulator that can run N64 games. I'd expect that a majority of you would have at least one.

sig_sep.png

RULES

There will be a few rules in place to allow for a fair go:

• You must score as much as you can, and reach the highest level you can in one full run.
  • No save states are to be used.

• You must play TIME TRIAL Mode, however, you can select whichever robot you like.

• For those of you with the ability to do so, you may record footage of your play. Either use a capture card, PC recording software, or even Livestream Procaster (provided you have a livestream.com account). However, inability to do so will not necessarily penalise you.

• If you are not sure how to play, you may use TUTORIAL mode, as well as looking for the instruction manuals, which can be found online.

• You can select which music plays during the game, or simply let the game automatically choose for you.

• External controllers are permitted, to make things easier (or harder, depending on your setup). Likewise, if you own it on the original console (N64, lol), you may play it on that system. Otherwise, you should know where to find the appropriate emulator.

• Do not post your records here. Instead, send me a PM with the provided text files, subject name being Tetrisphere Challenge. Ensure you do so by the deadline, as specified in the topic.

The community challenge will have a deadline: 10:00PM on July 1, 2013 (Australian Eastern Standard Time). You can use an online timezone converter to find out when exactly that is in your timezone, or simply look at the provided countdown timer above.

sig_sep.png

PRIZE

The person with the highest overall score and highest finishing level will be awarded with a prize, an item under $20 from the official GCN Spreadshirt Shop, as well as being awarded with the Achievement for winning the challenge.

sig_sep.png

CONTENDERS

• Strati

sig_sep.png

DOWNLOAD

To download the pack and get started, click here. Download, and enjoy! Good luck!

I'm confused, how exactly do I get in the list of contenders? I already said I'd be in this.

Sent from my cell phone, because ancient satellites from across the cosmic web are lame.

Fairly certain that as soon as you submit a score, you're part of the contenders list.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.