Recommend some PS3 games...

Shadow Fire

Well, well, well...

It seems that in light of the upcoming release of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix, as well as Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, I decided to get myself a PS3. I'm actually having fun with it so far, and have the following games:

DISC:

• Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Yes, I do plan on getting FFXIII as well, once I can find it, lol)
  • Mass Effect Trilogy
  • Sony Smash Bros. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

PSN:

• Alex Kidd in Miracle World
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Hitman Absolution (PS Plus)

I'd like to ask for recommendations for games I should get, but would like to stipulate that first and foremost, I will not be getting any Call of Duty or Sonic titles for the PS3, nor will I get any sports/racing games.

With that said, what should I get?

Well, here are some games me and my brother have for PS3 which I would recommend:

-Uncharted 1-3

-God of War 1-3

-Every Assassin's Creed

-Red Dead Redemption

-Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

-Devil May Cry 4 (We've also got 1-3 for the PS2, there's an HD collection for PS3 and Xbox 360)

-Rage

-Dragon's Dogma

EDIT: Giadrosich just reminded me that Assassin's Creed 1 is pretty linear, which can make the game pretty boring at times, but the gameplay is still lots of fun. Also, the linearism won't bore you as much if you make a few breaks while playing the game (it took me about 3 weeks to beat the game, which for me is quite a lot)

If you enjoy anything like Final Fantasy 12 or RPGs in general, I'd reccomend the White Knight Chronicles series. Sure, it has a cliche storyline, but the gameplay is just fun. It also has online multi-player missions, and features a function to where you can develop your own town. It's really fun. (It also starts you with a fully customizable avatar.)

If you enjoy anything like Final Fantasy 12 or RPGs in general, I'd reccomend the White Knight Chronicles series. Sure, it has a cliche storyline, but the gameplay is just fun. It also has online multi-player missions, and features a function to where you can develop your own town. It's really fun. (It also starts you with a fully customizable avatar.)

My brother and sister liked to play that online, they say the servers are closing down for it.

As for recommendations, Dark Souls and Demon's Souls, though Dark Souls isn't PS3 exclusive, but still, as well as Tales of Graces.

If I may, you should try some of these:

• Disgaea 3: Abesence of Justice
  • Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • LittleBigPlanet 2
  • Star Ocean: The Last Hope (not PS3 exclusive, but still :P)

Having never played the other Disgaea games, I'm not sure if it'd be wise. :P

The LittleBigPlanet games were something I was considering to begin with.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope... I had that on Xbox 360, it was okay. The PS3 release is something I plan on getting anyway, since it is the International Release, and includes Japanese voices. Thanks for reminding me.

Well, here are some games me and my brother have for PS3 which I would recommend:

-Uncharted 1-3

-God of War 1-3

-Every Assassin's Creed

-Red Dead Redemption

-Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

-Devil May Cry 4 (We've also got 1-3 for the PS2, there's an HD collection for PS3 and Xbox 360)

-Rage

-Dragon's Dogma

EDIT: Giadrosich just reminded me that Assassin's Creed 1 is pretty linear, which can make the game pretty boring at times, but the gameplay is still lots of fun. Also, the linearism won't bore you as much if you make a few breaks while playing the game (it took me about 3 weeks to beat the game, which for me is quite a lot)

I have every Assassin's Creed game on Xbox 360, but I'll have to look at some info for the other games... though Star Wars... not really a fan of anything Star Wars.

I do love RPGs, so I may have to give it a look at... providing I can find a copy.

My brother and sister liked to play that online, they say the servers are closing down for it.

As for recommendations, Dark Souls and Demon's Souls, though Dark Souls isn't PS3 exclusive, but still, as well as Tales of Graces.

Sounds interesting. :)

Oh.

resonance_of_fate_game-HD.jpg

Resonance of Fate. A mix of RPG and Shooter that's pretty fun. It's a bit slow-paced at times, and the story is told in a weird way, making it unclear, but definitely worth a buy. The Sly Cooper collection is worth a look into, if you haven't played the PS2 versions. I also enjoy Alice: Madness Returns. You can buy the special edition with all the DLC, including Mcgee's Alice (the first game), for about $20 on the PSN shop. Or at least, I was able to. Both games are a bit different, the first has better gameplay and area concepts in my opinion, but the second one has a great story and amazing graphics, although it still has good gameplay. Mirror's Edge and Folklore are also worth a mention, as well.

Tales of Graces f is a must have for the PS3. And Tales of Xillia is also coming out in English, but that's not a requirement for you at all, so you could just get yourself the Japanese version. On the sane note, Tales of Xillia 2 is great, too. And "The Last of Us" is a very promising one slated for early June. The Killzone series is also a great FPS franchise. And never forget Sly Cooper.

• Like 2

Tales of Graces f is a must have for the PS3. And Tales of Xillia is also coming out in English, but that's not a requirement for you at all, so you could just get yourself the Japanese version. On the sane note, Tales of Xillia 2 is great, too. And "The Last of Us" is a very promising one slated for early June. The Killzone series is also a great FPS franchise. And never forget Sly Cooper.

I totally agree with Tales of Graces f.

Killzone Trilogy. You haven't played a good shooter until you've played anything from this series.

Also, the Ratchet & Clank HD Collection, R&C Future series, Ratchet: Deadlocked HD, and R&C: Full Frontal Assault.

ICO & Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection, and the Resistance Trilogy.

Also, anything Star Wars. Yes, I know you said you're not big on Star Wars, but you also weren't too fond of Sony before you got a PS3; to miss out on almost any Star War game is a waste of time. Yes, you're literally wasting time when you're not playing a Star Wars game. They're that great.

Sent from my cell phone, because ancient satellites from across the cosmic web are lame.

• Like 1

Yes, I know you said you're not big on Star Wars, but you also weren't too fond of Sony before you got a PS3; to miss out on almost any Star War game is a waste of time. Yes, you're literally wasting time when you're not playing a Star Wars game. They're that great.

I never said I wasn't fond of Sony... I just said that I didn't know of any exclusive games that would make me want to get the PS3... and then KH1.5 and FFX/X-2 HD were announced. Heavens, if I wasn't fond of Sony, explain why I have a PS2 and PSP. =P

Star Wars, on the other hand, has been something I've NEVER been able to get into. Episode 1 was the only movie I could sit through entirely, and even that was kinda weak.

Star Wars, on the other hand, has been something I've NEVER been able to get into. Episode 1 was the only movie I could sit through entirely, and even that was kinda weak.

ShadowFire, you're breaking my heart ;_;

But seriously, you should play A few Star Wars Games, especially The Force Unleashed, Episode 3 and Battlefront.. And Lego Star Wars (This one I played with my bestest friend non stop) ^^.

Also here are a few more games: -Dead Space 1

-Bio Shock 1 and 2

I just recently got a PS# because of the release of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix, and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD collection as well.

But I would recommend.. of course...

MORE HD COLLECTIONS!

Like..  The Tomb Raider trilogy for PS2 remade in HD for the PS3

And the Jak and Daxter trilogy for PS2 remade in HD for the PS3.

I would also recommend the new Tomb Raider game that Square Enix made though. If it's Square then it's most likely good.

Also the spin-off of the Persona series: Catherine. Same as would the person above me suggested.

And possibly even the new Spyro series for PS3, unfortunate that there isn't any Crash Bandicoot for PS3 though.. Oh well...

You might also want to check out that Alice game that is a much darker version of Alice in Wonderland. As well as Dante's Inferno or whatever it's called.

Those are all the games I'm gonna check out on my PS3.

Yes, I know you said you're not big on Star Wars, but you also weren't too fond of Sony before you got a PS3; to miss out on almost any Star War game is a waste of time. Yes, you're literally wasting time when you're not playing a Star Wars game. They're that great.

I never said I wasn't fond of Sony... I just said that I didn't know of any exclusive games that would make me want to get the PS3... and then KH1.5 and FFX/X-2 HD were announced. Heavens, if I wasn't fond of Sony, explain why I have a PS2 and PSP. =P

I actually meant to say the PS3 specifically, though I was distracted at the time of typing, worded it different, yadda-yadda(let's be honest, in debates we've had, you didn't seem too fond of the system).

Anyways, gameplay trumps story. Star Wars games excel at gameplay, and story; since you're not into the story, you might as well get them for their fantastic gameplay.

But honestly, the Force Unleashed I & II have the absolute best stories that have been told in the Star Wars universe thus far, so I think even you would enjoy them for their story.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.