URA Zelda Project Restoration Thing...

Conker

Yeah, see, I just want to express my personal opinion about this, as I feel I am allowed to:
Can't we just let URA die? Honestly, please, it died in its last incarnation, and bringing it back is sooooo meh.

Not only that, this entire video is just... well, I don't think it looks very good at all. And not only that, I saw comments disappear from the video, comments stating they did not like the mod. Yep, the author is censoring any and all criticism! This isn't going to end well, or hell, even get anywhere.

I'm sorry to come off as such a negative ass about this thing, but fuck, this looks pretty bad to me. If the author can improve his skills and change his entire mindset about criticism, then maybe this will get better. Not holding my breath.

• Like 9

It looks like he's having problems with polygons anyway. When he passes that one point, he jumps, and the game lags like friggin' crazy. Textures are stretched weird, and not tiled right, and no staircase in the entire universe ends at a wall, so you can jump to the side. Just sayin'

It looks like he's having problems with polygons anyway. When he passes that one point, he jumps, and the game lags like friggin' crazy. Textures are stretched weird, and not tiled right, and no staircase in the entire universe ends at a wall, so you can jump to the side. Just sayin'

Is that what that jump was? I wondered what happened there, I thought he had modded it to make Link jump at anytime XD

Edit: My guess is that he's just doing this for sub count. It'll die eventually. Just ignore them and they'll go away.

Was this meant to be a joke? I mean aside from awful recording software, a lackluster "map" and the strangest physic anomalies I've seen in a Zelda game to where the Creator had to Reset the Game because he got Stuck in his own Map... well not a good start for the "Ura Restoration" I'll say that much.

Look at all of the suck! I cannot wait!

Now, now Blinxie, I know that this is some poor quality work he did there (and that this motherf***er  should get stabbed in the neck with a ball point pen for calling this URA), BUT we should still respect the time and effort that this guy has put into his map.

I can't believe I just said that...

It IS hard to make a good looking map, for sure. I wonder if he knows how to do anything with exits/collision ect....I noticed that he inserted it into 117, which is default. My tutorials might do more harm than good in that area. XD

This project probably won't get much further in terms of progress.  I don't see it lasting, I mean, who the hell is "Insane Slug".  If the team is comprised of the video uploader and this Insane Slug then it probably won't make it much farther in terms of development.

I guess we just get to look forward to the next revival project -

not.

URA, like it or not, is going to keep trying to get restored. Whether some crappy hack or an actualy good project, people are going to keep trying to resurrect it. It's the holy grail for hardcore Zelda fans, and I honestly see no problem if someone wants to make their own project of it.

That^

LOL, no. The obsession will die out way sooner than you seem to think.

URA is one of those things I think personally is gonna stick around even after someone makes a patch for it or not. Not only do people still dream of playing Miyamoto's URA 13 years later, people now have an even bigger thirst since they won't get to play Zeth's URA.

Still though, people are entitled to opinions. I'm not saying mine is right.

In this case its not so much an obsession. The original project will not be what is remembered but the legacy of a URA Zelda will be ,(which in my opinion was scrapped shortly after OoT's release and Aonuma tried to salvage their work with MM, but that's neither here nor there) a game in which we never got to play that was to be an "updated" Zelda 64. 

• Like 1

URA the legit expansion that was planned by Nintendo for the 64DD, not Zeth's project.

No duh? The obsession to make URA a reality will die one day, whether you all like it or not. That's just how it is, plain and simple.

Sent from my cell phone, because ancient satellites from across the cosmic web are lame.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.