Post any screenshot of Zelda models, dungeons or mods you´ve done.

pkjoan

Hmm.. To lower poly count and improve the OoT feel, I would make the stairs into textured ramps that appear as stairs, and either: lower the checkered tile platform so that it has no ledges (runs with the ground) OR space it further from the ground so the ledges stand out. Also, the hallways could benefit from having nice, vaulted ceilings instead of being low-hanging rectangle corridors.

Yeah, looks like you're getting some lag from each stair being individual (in that winding staircase room). While I understand the desire for this effect, most staircases in OoT are handled as ramps for a reason.

Great start though! I am excited to see how this gets refined.

Yeah I pretty much agree with everything your saying lol, the performance drops aren't there when I have everything split into separate rooms properly but that could change when I get all the actors loaded up and whatnot. Anyway thanks for the con criticism I always appreciate it lol.

Also i'm just gonna quickly point out these are not the final textures for this thing, and they will get completely redone when the model itself is finished.

I started working on a 3D Oracle of Ages forever ago (If anyone here remembers that) it got difficult really quickly when I started thinking of some of the dungeon layouts. I have still been working on it, and tweaking things, but it's not very far along. Also, LastWWolf, if you need any textures, the Light Temple room in Ganon's Tower has some of the textures used in the original Light Temple. I have them all ripped if you need them. (Though some of the ones in the folder are just Ganon's Tower textures) 

I should be getting to map modding eventually... still working out the kinks in my mod for the beginning.

EDIT: Is anyone still looking for a Triforce mod? With an obtainable Triforce? I might work on that... I still have to figure out what I'm going to make it do though.

• Like 1

LastWWolf. Because I like your maps, please. Look into fixing pointers so it will work on N64 hardware. There's been no custom map OoT games that work on hardware, but it's totally possible.

When my income is a little more expendable and I own an n64 flashcart, I sure as hell will try. One of thing's I've wanted to try but just don't have the right equipment yet.

When my income is a little more expendable and I own an n64 flashcart, I sure as hell will try. One of thing's I've wanted to try but just don't have the right equipment yet.

I'll test it for you dude. The only other person that I know of who also owns an N64 flashcart in the Zelda modding community... or more specifically at The-GCN, is Spinout. So I don't mind testing out hacks for people.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.