Post any screenshot of Zelda models, dungeons or mods you´ve done.

pkjoan

Posted Image

I made this last night (procrastinating bed time) just because I hadn't used Google Sketchup in about a year lol

Posted Image

there are some texture errors though...

Also it wasn't until after I made it I realized it looks a lot like the Boss Stalfos room :P

That is really amazing for something done in Google Sketchup. I prefer the tidyness of blender as I have tried Sketchup before, and I guess it depends on how you find it?

I am uncomfortable with the controls in Google Sketchup, so perhaps I missed something when using it.

No matter though, Blender converts obj files pretty decently. Imperfect, but I re-convert the file to be used in xdan's Model2N64.

I really like the style this is in... was this part of the Gerudo Fortress's rooms?

That's really interesting that you say that because I, for the life of me, can't figure out blender.  Granted, I haven't read or watched any tutorials on it....which I have been meaning to do...but SketchUp is really weird at first but after getting used to it, it's not so bad in my opinion.  I can't imagine trying to make something like those hands in bobbo's map though...

Posted Image

I made this last night (procrastinating bed time) just because I hadn't used Google Sketchup in about a year lol

Posted Image

there are some texture errors though...

Also it wasn't until after I made it I realized it looks a lot like the Boss Stalfos room :P

That is really amazing for something done in Google Sketchup. I prefer the tidyness of blender as I have tried Sketchup before, and I guess it depends on how you find it?

I am uncomfortable with the controls in Google Sketchup, so perhaps I missed something when using it.

No matter though, Blender converts obj files pretty decently. Imperfect, but I re-convert the file to be used in xdan's Model2N64.

I really like the style this is in... was this part of the Gerudo Fortress's rooms?

That's really interesting that you say that because I, for the life of me, can't figure out blender.  Granted, I haven't read or watched any tutorials on it....which I have been meaning to do...but SketchUp is really weird at first but after getting used to it, it's not so bad in my opinion.  I can't imagine trying to make something like those hands in bobbo's map though...

Makes sense.... blender was the same way at first, but it's gotten easier to use. It's really difficult to know what to do in it without knowing what you want to do.

Like if you need to do some UV Mapping, Blender is easy to get confused in, especially when they keep changing the layout each upgrade. However, when you know where to look, it makes it easier to understand. Using it to its full potential really takes some skill and shortcuts.

You can rotate your camera with ctrl+alt or shift+alt while using the mouse wheel, or pan your view by holding shift or ctrl while scrolling the middle mouse wheel. Took me a while to learn those tricks, but after some practice it made editing easier. Otherwise getting a proper view of your work is a pain.

I can almost create anything in blender now... I still haven't figured out texture mapping, but I'm sure there's a way to do it.

EDIT: Also, making hands is always tricky, but starting with an isosphere for the palm really helps, then you just extrude some faces to make fingers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 2:

More items coming up in my mod "Zelda's Eternal Youth":

Posted Image

More here: http://www.the-gcn.com/topic/1747-zeldas-eternal-youth-hack-oot-mod/page-2?do=findComment&comment=36184

Dude, Fire Temple textures applied to a rusted [Morrowind-style Dwemer] factory? Looks like it could develop into a really nice Earth/Electric themed dungeon. Reminds me of Kefka's Tower from Dissidia!

• Like 3

Dude, Fire Temple textures applied to a rusted [Morrowind-style Dwemer] factory? Looks like it could develop into a really nice Earth/Electric themed dungeon. Reminds me of Kefka's Tower from Dissidia!

Thanks! ^^ It's only my first map (well, first one that worked in the importing) so I have a lot to learn, I'd like to make a few new dungeons and just stick them into OOT for fun eventually though.

Awesome man, I'm super excited to see progress. Also to note, and it may not really matter (I'm new to this as well), but those cylinders seem to have too many faces (and I'm not talking about those smiling faces). I mean, the room is apparently running fine, but a Scene can only contain so much collision. I know elsewhere in OoT and MM, "cylinders" are often times octagonal to cut down on polygons. How many faces do these have? Think about the blocks in the Fire Temple that shared this texture, the ones you smashed with the Megaton Hammer. They weren't exactly cylinders, but they represented cylinders and we believed them to be such. That's part of working within the aesthetic parameters of the Zelda 64 universe — you have to make people believe your simple shapes are more complicated based on what they resemble. It's actually a really fun limitation because the boundaries inspire creativity.

Edit: Actually, I guess they were quasi-half cylinders if anything. They had flat backs.

Original Post:

Posted Image

Update 1:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Update 2:

This is currently in development and is dubbed "Snowpeak Temple", named for the Snowpeak Mountains it resides in. I will re-imagine the icy region from Twilight Princess as I see fit for insertion into Ocarina of Time's world. This is an ancient Sheikah temple built high above Hyrule, its watchful eye gazes upon the land below. What awaits in Snowpeak Temple?

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 14

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.