Woot, got interview for new job

giadrosich

I've been taking a leave of absence from my telemarketing job (AT&T Uverse), and have been looking for a new job a while just to have something different. Landed an interview with TNT Games for repair technician, so I'm pretty stoked. They're willing to train on more advanced things too, so I'm hoping to really get this job.

No one probably cares, but I had to just sort of be happy about this.

• Like 1

On a random side note, I scrap a lot of things for parts and always have something laying around the house.

Found this gem in a Gyromite copy I got off of ebay for 2 bucks:

HNI_0002_zpsf914033e.jpg

Famicom to NES converter. :) I can now play my pirate 84-in-1 games as well as my Minish Cap NES game.

HNI_0100_zpse5c8383a.jpg

Oddly enough, I found the Power-Joy in a goodwill, which was stuck in an N64 controller which had a famicom system in it.

http://www.thevintagegamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/PJ2.png

As for the converter (which is basically a 60-72 pin converter but Nintendo-made) you can usually find it if you look at the colour of ROB in the corner:

HNI_0099_zpsb8064a2b.jpg

Random-random side note:

Josh's (my husband) brothers were complaining of a controller giving them shocks every now and then, and I went to pick it up and see what I could do to help them out. And then it turns out the controller is in this shape:

HNI_0005_zpse36c3c7c.jpg

Yeah, no honey, not fixing that, just get a new one. I don't understand how little kids can cause such terrible things to controllers. I was never that bad with my stuff. It looks like rats chewed on it.

When I was younger we had a rabbit and sometimes he would chew the wires of the controllers. We lost a couple wires I think :D but we were even more afraid of him getting shocked.

Good luck for your interview.

Thanks for the good luck, guys! I think the interview went well, I had turned in a hand-written resume (don't own a printer) and I'm the only one they've ever considered who's turned in one hand-written. They were looking for someone with familiarity about how the systems are put together, but without experience fixing them. I fell right in the middle, and he said he felt good about me, but he's gonna get back to me.

It would start out part-time and they're planning to open up a store specifically for fixing things, and I could have a chance to work up to full time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.