Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster has been announced

Netsrac

After a long wait and countless rumors it finally happened, Final Fantasy X and X-2 will be getting an HD remake on the PS3 and PSVita for North America.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/22/final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster-announced-for-north-america/

What do you guys think of it? I personally love the fact that two of my favorite games of all time will get an HD remake so that people who never had a PS2 can play them. I just really hope that it's the International version of both games that get's the HD remake so that North America get's to play FFX international and FFX-2 International and that they get released in Europe too (good thing that the international version of FFX came to Europe on the PS2 but it'd be awesome if the international version of FFX-2 got here too).

I tried to play it and didn't really like it that much. Cool that it's getting a remake though, I'm always interested in the HD stuff. I don't own a PS3 or Vita (I've never actually seen Vita games in used game stores either, kinda weird) though, so I suppose it's out of the question for me.

My favorite was FF9. Absolutely loved that one--it even made me cry, and not many games do that to me. I've attempted to play FF7, but never did get very far with it even though everyone says it's the best since sliced bread.

I've also played 12, but once again couldn't get into it. It really has to grab me from the start, and I think the problem I have with JRPG is the amount of characters they throw at you at the beginning. I remember 9 starting out nice and slower and getting to know the characters bit by bit. Baten Kaitos also does that.

Are there more things in the international version?

I can't agree more with your point on the International version. I own a PS2 NTSC-J for imports, so I got to experience both of them. FFX was one of the best (not the best, mind you) of the Final Fantasies, in my opinion. I really loved it. I would love to see the game actually be remade, rather than a simple texture update. That would be incredible. Either way, I look forward to playing this on the go, if it turns out to just be a texture update.

I tried to play it and didn't really like it that much. Cool that it's getting a remake though, I'm always interested in the HD stuff. I don't own a PS3 or Vita (I've never actually seen Vita games in used game stores either, kinda weird) though, so I suppose it's out of the question for me.

My favorite was FF9. Absolutely loved that one--it even made me cry, and not many games do that to me. I've attempted to play FF7, but never did get very far with it even though everyone says it's the best since sliced bread.

I've also played 12, but once again couldn't get into it. It really has to grab me from the start, and I think the problem I have with JRPG is the amount of characters they throw at you at the beginning. I remember 9 starting out nice and slower and getting to know the characters bit by bit. Baten Kaitos also does that.

Are there more things in the international version?

Well the difference between the normal and the international version is, that there have been 9 superbosses added in FFX International/PAL  that are known as the dark aeons and penance (in the german version he's called the Judge which sounds much more badass ;) ), a few more abilities and a sphere grid that gives you the chance to customize yor characters a bit more to your liking.

The international version of FFX-2 (FFX-2 International + Last Mission) has added something like an arena where you can fight superbosses, a new costume sphere which allows you to capture monsters, and you're also able to play the main protagonists, one of the antagonists, a few other characters from FFX and something that was unknown to the FF series: Real Time battle (and I'm not talking about the ATB system, check it out on Youtube) which is playable in Last Mission.

FFX is the first game to ever make me cry because of it's sad ending. But it's also one of my favourite games because of the CTB system which gave you a lot of time to think about your strategy, and even then it was still hard to beat a few bosses, and also because of the emotional story which (in my opinion) was the best 'till now. I also played FF7 and FF12 and I've got to say that FF7 was pretty good but not good enough to be played two times in a row and FF12 had a gigantic overworld, but the gameplay was just meh and so was the story  

I need more games on my Vita, so I might as well get this. I have faint memories of playing it many, many years ago when at the house of people who were friends with my parents; it seemed pretty cool, I think, and I have a fond memory of fighting some giant octopus creature underwater.

I know what you are talking about. That is Geosgaeno, from the Baaj Temple that you wake up in as soon as Tidus is sucked into Sin. If that memory is fond, you will love the rest of the game, because that is like... my least favorite boss to fight, even though the first time you fight him isn't a real fight. But yeah, I would definitely get it.

Edit: Or it could possibly be Sinspawn Echuilles, which is very similar to an octopus, or Tros... which quite literally is an octopus. 

• Like 1

I know what you are talking about. That is Geosgaeno, from the Baaj Temple that you wake up in as soon as Tidus is sucked into Sin. If that memory is fond, you will love the rest of the game, because that is like... my least favorite boss to fight, even though the first time you fight him isn't a real fight. But yeah, I would definitely get it.

The best boss fight was the one against Jecht and the long one against [sin]. Those fights really made me feel like a badass.

The best boss fight was the one against Jecht and the long one against [sin]. Those fights really made me feel like a badass.

I honestly couldn't pick a favorite boss fight. A lot of them are pretty high on my list. I just know that the fellow in the spoiler tag bellow has dominated me too many times.

(Story Spoiler Warning: )

Seymour Flux

I honestly couldn't pick a favorite boss fight. A lot of them are pretty high on my list. I just know that the fellow in the spoiler tag bellow has dominated me too many times.

(Story Spoiler Warning: )

Seymour Flux

One word: Shell (or what ever you call the anti magic spell in English). The one word I never came up with in battle xD

• Like 1

Am I the only one that's more annoyed by this than impressed? Sure, FFX was a great game and an HD remix is cool and all, but Square Enix just did the exact same thing with Kingdom Hearts (see here if you're not aware of this). I'm getting kind of fed up with all their most anticipated games never ending up released; hell, people have been waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3 for about 6 years now and, from what I understand, they still haven't even started development because the dev team for that series is still busy with Final Fantasy Versus XIII. It's especially frustrating when they won't even give any status reports; from what I understand the last they said about the game was releasing a teaser trailer 2 years ago and since then every question has been met with "shut up and be patient," essentially. They really need to get their shit together and release the game instead of trying to appease the masses with half-assed HD remakes of games.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to let you guys know that the International versions are indeed what are being remade, so those of you in the US who missed out on the Dark Aeons, Penance, the Expert Sphere Grid, and a higher challenge, will have your thirsts quenched. The same goes for X-2 HD, as it is FFX-2 International + Last Mission, so there will be English audio for that as well.

On top of that, there is a Limited Edition, which includes rare concept art from both games, as well as a personal message from the producers.

I can't wait for the release.

I'm glad they're remastering the game. FFX's original assets are awful. They didn't really figure out how to make textures for detailed 3D games until FF11/12. That said, I'm a little annoyed at the new shape of Tidus's face. The cheeks are too pompous, and he doesn't look enough like any of his concept art anymore. Oh well, here's hoping once it's emulated of released on PC there's mods for it, or they adjust it to trade off more between "looks japanese" and "looks like his concept art".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.