Possible sword/shield techniques

Jabba

Question

Was wondering a couple things today after watching some early beta stuff and if they are possible. I know things like the blade beam and the beta jump attack have been done, but was wondering with tools like Hylian Tool if things like being able to sheath your sword and still have your shield out, or being able to run and swing your sword as well as doing both the former while on Epona?

7 answers to this question

Unfortunately, that stuff doesn't really boil down to animations completely. At this time, Hylian Toolbox couldn't be used to recreate that.

But could you replace moves. like for instance (dont laugh, I've allway's called it this) the Super-Wop ( that's the move when you Z-target when your swords out and press the A button to do x2 the dam..) could I replace that move entirely with the same motion, but just with a different animation, like with some sideways air spin attack or some thing like that. Could that be possible? 

But could you replace moves. like for instance (dont laugh, I've allway's called it this) the Super-Wop ( that's the move when you Z-target when your swords out and press the A button to do x2 the dam..) could I replace that move entirely with the same motion, but just with a different animation, like with some sideways air spin attack or some thing like that. Could that be possible? 

I've actually already seen something like that be done for Majora's Mask; all that was done is the jump attack (or Super-Wop, as you refer to it) animation was replaced with the one for the spin attack, and it ended up looking pretty awesome. I'm also pretty sure spinout's wiki has a list of at least the RAM addresses for some of Link's more common animations, including those two, so you could make a GameShark code out of them and then patch them to the ROM from there, if you like. So, yes, it's very possible.

I've actually already seen something like that be done for Majora's Mask; all that was done is the jump attack (or Super-Wop, as you refer to it) animation was replaced with the one for the spin attack, and it ended up looking pretty awesome. I'm also pretty sure spinout's wiki has a list of at least the RAM addresses for some of Link's more common animations, including those two, so you could make a GameShark code out of them and then patch them to the ROM from there, if you like. So, yes, it's very possible.

Well that's good to know. I'll be doing some thing like that when I get a better computer in a few months.

Excuse me, I must interject. The Super-Wop is probably the most amazing name I've ever heard for a move in a Zelda game. I now expect Link to break out into some sort of doo-wop song whenever he kills an enemy with it.

Okay, I'll go away now.

ya, when I first started playing LoZ OoT when I was a kid I didn't know it was called the jump attack, So I started calling it the Super-Wop and it just kinda staid that way for me.

I just thought of a good example actually. When you play as young Link and you take out the Deku stick, he doesn't swipe with it he continues running but then has the stick in his hand. Without replacing the Deku Stick model with a sword, would it not be possible to do something similar with the swords?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.