Xbox is done for, courtesy of MS themselves.

Conker

Adam Orth literally makes me vomit a velociraptor. I think I will stick with my PS4 and WiiU.

You are not the only one who will do that. 

I think later on when x720 bombs they will patch it and remove this so called bullshit.

But i think it would be to late for that anyway.

Apparently Microsoft apologized for his behavior, but that was freakin' unacceptable--they hired the man and he thinks this way? He needs to be fired, if I talked to a customer that way working at AT&T, I'd see the door so fast my head would spin. And MS still didn't say whether it was "true" or not.

• Like 1

"We are aware of the comments made by an employee on Twitter. This person is not a spokesperson for Microsoft, and his personal views are not reflective of those of the company. We have not made any announcements about our product roadmap, and have no further comment on this matter."

Then fire the man. There's no way he should have a job after that. That was piss-poor customer interaction. As I worked in the field of customer service and talking with customers for 8 hours a day on a phone, as I said above, I would have been fired so fast if I had told someone to "#dealwithit".

Lord knows I've wanted to say deal with it on many occasions.

So, I tried to explain this to my friends, and they still think that the next Xbox will not bomb. Honestly, I can't get through to them. I need like a script or something.

If they buy the console and enjoy it, that's all well and good, but if it does have online always (Perhaps there's a chance it'll change, maybe, with all the people against it.), know that one day it's going to be a paperweight. None of this 30 years later it still works stuff.

/me needs to redo some network wiring, so X360 is currently not hooked up to the net

/me happily played Sonic Generations earlier

/me is glad his system didn't tell him "No internet connection available; please configure your connection. [setup] / [shutdown]" or somesuch

Yes, this particular X360 probably isn't going to reach 30 years - probably not even 10, seeing how it already RROD'ed on me once - but if it is still working the day MS shuts down Live for 360, I will still be able to play my games on it. Just like with every single other console I own and will own. I will not buy anything that forces me to do things a certain way, if that way is inconvenient or simply dumb, be it requiring an internet connection or ex. using proprietary hard- or software to transfer content - so not the OS or system itself, that's 99% of the time proprietary - to and from it (looking at you, Vita).

• Like 1

EDIT:

I read over this, I think I MAY have came off as an ass... not my intentions, though(I know, I ALWAYS say that, but when I say it, I mean it; it's not some stupid excuse).

Another person that has a grudge against GameStop. Good for you, man; I don't let bad experiences at a store tarnish my opinion of them, especially not conspiracy articles like the one you linked.

Also, not only is what you said very, very off-topic(you were clearly trying to find a place to rant about GameStop), it made absolutely zero sense.

Before I begin, I am basing this rant off of your post; it seems you are under the impression MS is doing this to combat used games sells, as if GameStop actually caused this. Not the case, as MS is just ran by drooling idiots, but anyways:

You think GameStop is evil because it gives consumers OPTIONS? You think they're evil because they give you good prices?

The used game market has absolutely zero effect on the gaming industry, and I'll tell you why: you buy a game, new, from a place like Target. Good! Money went to the creators/publishers, good good. Well, that's the single last time they will ever get money for it; a game is only new once, and I should be able to sell my used games to an "evil company" who is willing to buy them.

Once the game is bought and used, the creators/publishers are not entitled to receive a single penny for it for any future transactions the game may go through, at all. They already got their money for it, that's all there is to it, so wanting money from used games sells is just plain greedy; that money belongs to the ones selling it(GameStop, or ME).

What many people do not realize, is that GameStop, is basically a pawn shop... do you go rant and rave on the internet about a vacuum cleaner company not receiving money for its product because one was bought used there? Do you call the pawn shop evil? No, you don't. Nobody does.

Do you take to the internet to rant about all of the evil, evil third party sellers on Amazon? No. Again, NOBODY does. What about the sellers on eBay? Same thing, nobody does.

Hating GameStop and calling them evil is just a fad in the gaming world, a fad that many of us sadly have chosen to participate in. Their business isn't hurting the gaming industry in any way.

Sent from my cell phone, because ancient satellites from across the cosmic web are lame.

• Like 3

I shop at five different used game stores-- TNT Games, Disc Replay, GameCorner, Gamestop, and GameWorlds. They are all within 15-20 minutes from my apartment. Gamestop is about a minute up the road within the same strip mall as Walmart.

I have no preference between them, other than complaining to myself that the owner of GameWorlds knows rare stuff when he gets it in and you'll never see it just sitting on the shelf.

The only problem I have with Gamestop is that they don't sell older games. But I don't expect them too--I don't think of them as a used game store. I mainly hit up my local gamestop just to see what they're throwing away that week. I usually get some sort of advertisment for it--I've got about 10-15 hangups advertising games, and I know the manager there, and she outright gave me the Assassin's Creed cardstock poster when she took it down because I just asked for it. I preorder games at Gamestop because it's just easier for me to do it that way.

If I buy something, I OWN it. I've bought it. It's MINE. I can do whatever the hell I want to do with it now, thank you very much. If they get money off of used games as well, that would be like...double dipping. And no one likes that.

Also, quote from the "article" you posted:

"They actively attempt to sell used games instead of new ones, even when the price difference is minimal. Next time you go ask for a game at GameStop, I'll bet you the employee tries to sell you a used copy--even if the used copy is $55 compared to the new version's $60."

I have not ONCE been told to buy used. Not one time. In the many, many years I've been gaming. In fact, Gamestop employees should always ask if you want to pre-order something, or if you ask them about a game, they go to the "new" section because there's a quota they have to meet--as with any sales job. I've worked sales, I know how it is. You say anything under the sun to get someone to buy something because your supervisor is breathing down your neck to get another sale.

The only games I ever buy new is Zelda, I'll preorder it because I want shiny new packaging for my favorite game series. That's just how I am. Same with Assassin's Creed. Other games, I buy used. There is absolutely no difference at all with used vs. new other than packaging.

Anyway, on topic, with the rumors of Microsoft's always on stuff, has there been any sort of news on not allowing used games?

Anyway, on topic, with the rumors of Microsoft's always on stuff, has there been any sort of news on not allowing used games?

Well, the leak this entire topic spawned from largely hints at it. I dunno, MS is really shooting themselves in the foot. With a super-heated laser gun, that disintegrates limbs.

• Like 1

Then fire the man. There's no way he should have a job after that. That was piss-poor customer interaction. As I worked in the field of customer service and talking with customers for 8 hours a day on a phone, as I said above, I would have been fired so fast if I had told someone to "#dealwithit".

Your wish is my command.

>.>

<.<

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/10/report-microsoft-studios-creative-director-adam-orth-no-longer/

• Like 2

I'm happy now. Sucks to lose your job, but if you cause it, then you deserve it.

Also, was reading the comments in that article, and came across this comment:

An article just came out that explains all the confusion about the Nextbox720 Durango always online rumor. There is a $100 Xbox Mini 360 that has no disc drive and is a set-top box with the 360 processor, it is required to be online to function. There is the Nextbox720 Durango with the next-gen processor that does not require to be online. It has a bluray/DVD drive that can play Durango and old 360 games, but only if the Xbox Mini 360 is hooked up to it because the Mini has the old 360 processor. Of course, you can keep your regular old 360 and get a new Durango, and you wouldn't need the Mini. To me, it seems likely, accurate, and a good idea.

http://www.vgleaks.com/microsoft-xbox-roadmap-2013/

What do you guys think?

Adding: Even if the rumors do turn out to be nothing but rumors, I think Microsoft should have handled these rumors way better. Why such the deafening silence on their end if it isn't true? Why take the chance to lose potential customers? Even if they announce that it won't have to be always online or it's able to play used games, the whole thing has left a very bad taste in many people's mouths.

Now, while I think that perhaps judging the whole company one one man is harsh, it still leaves me very un-wanting to do business with them. I only just got a 360 near the middle of last year because it was cheap, and I wanted to play a few games I wouldn't have the chance to otherwise. And I like it, it's very enjoyable.

I would have to think very long and very hard about supporting the new Xbox, even if the rumors turn out to be false. One person can indeed ruin a company's reputation. And MS really needs to address this. Watch them just announce something on Kinect and that be it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the leak this entire topic spawned from largely hints at it. I dunno, MS is really shooting themselves in the foot. With a super-heated laser gun, that disintegrates limbs.

I was wondering what in that leak alludes to used game blocking in particular? Is it the all games will be installed on the hardrive bit and not be loaded from the disc bit?

I was wondering what in that leak alludes to used game blocking in particular? Is it the all games will be installed on the hardrive bit and not be loaded from the disc bit?

Uh, yeah. Just how are you supposed to install a used game with such a system(I mean, it's possible, but I sincerely doubt it is for the Durango)? Especially when it may end up online only, it's the perfect combination for some stupid used game blocking DRM. I'd be surprised if it didn't block them.

Sent from my cell phone, because ancient satellites from across the cosmic web are lame.

• 3 weeks later...