Fado Wind Sage Male?!

Zeth Ryder

So I was doing some digging around the OOT rom yesterday night when I found that the forest temple boss chamber has 6 objects(groups to those who are used to it being called that). As I continued searching, and identifying them one by one, I finally came across one that put a lot of things into perspective. The original sage of the Wind Temple, before it became the forest temple, was indeed a male character, the first fado. His model is old, I wish there was actually more to him but even still just finding a piece has put together more info for this puzzle. Under close examination, you can see how his character developed into Fado the female sage of wind which separated into two entities, beta Saria(sage of forest/wind?) and beta fado(non sage), then Saria, Sage of Forest and Fado the non sage npc. These textures are only shared with this group of npc models where other kokiri and npcs use different textures entirely. You can see in the pictures below how the models developed, used the same sources and the hair is used in all of them, except the first female beta fado, she uses a changed up version of the hair. Even Saria's hair is the same texture just tinted green. Check out the eye comparison, you can see progression of building off the original eye texture.

Posted Image

From left to right (Male fado, first beta female fado, beta saria, beta female fado 2, Final Saria, Final Fado)

Posted Image

In conclusion, this is a great discovery and explains why wind waker's sage of wind fado is male, as it was a reused idea they originally worked on back in the days of Zelda64!

• Like 10

Nice find! Alpha Fado looks like an early Mido.

Although, not being skeptical, how do other hackers miss these things?

Also, I've heard rumor of a beta adult Saria? True?

Thanks, Zeth....

We knew about the model, object_oe9(aka male beta fado) however we had no clue where it originated from at the time. All we knew was that it was OLD.

Also the rumor of an adult Saria isn't true, that's the beta one I mentioned above. It was just theory that she was an adult, however I loaded her model up and I can guarantee, she's not an adult at all!

Posted Image

I'm not sure if I believe it. That head model looks way too nice to be original to the game. An early April Fools prank, perhaps.

I don't see Zeth the type of person to do that, and this explains way too much about the Wind Waker sage. Besides, who posts April Fools stuff in early March?

This is a really awesome find though. It's really cool to see the progression to the final models too!

I've seen the early one personally loaded up before he brought it up here (in a topic a long Long time ago on a completely different site, by Zeth) . A very nice find Zeth, I'm surprised though that whoever the Sage of Forest was originally supposed to be that they would be loaded in the Forest Temple Boss Room. 

That in turn makes me wonder... we know outside of certain maps (Lost Woods/Kokiri Forest, possibly Sacred Forest Meadow) that getting Kokiri to load is not an easy task. If you put in say Saria (Kokiri) rather than Saria (Sage)'s actor in the Forest Temple Boss Room, or even Fado for that matter, will they load properly?

I've seen the early one personally loaded up before he brought it up here (in a topic a long Long time ago on a completely different site, by Zeth) . A very nice find Zeth, I'm surprised though that whoever the Sage of Forest was originally supposed to be that they would be loaded in the Forest Temple Boss Room. 

That in turn makes me wonder... we know outside of certain maps (Lost Woods/Kokiri Forest, possibly Sacred Forest Meadow) that getting Kokiri to load is not an easy task. If you put in say Saria (Kokiri) rather than Saria (Sage)'s actor in the Forest Temple Boss Room, or even Fado for that matter, will they load properly?

My guess this is before the Chamber of Sages even existed, as I found two different warp groups loaded there as well.  My guess its a very similar to wind waker in that sense where the sages actually stayed in the boss room of the temples after they were saved. Also loading other actors in different rooms is not as challenging anymore after a bit of understanding how they work. An actor will NOT load at all if it doesn't have all the groups/objects it needs to load properly. Ex: Market NPCs require about 10+ objects/groups to be loaded in the map before you can even spawn one market npc.

Could this explain why the original wind sage from Wind Waker is a Kokiri?

Yes, this explains it as well, because the original design for the wind sage was a male kokiri.

Yeah, Link's file is really huge compared to the rest of them, so especially since he had more animations and body parts back then, and even more items, it would be really easy to find if it still existed. Though it would be totally awesome if it did!

This is kind of off topic, though, Link's animations aren't actually in his file, just to make it clear.

I know, but I assume they probably tried to put them in the file at some point, since most of the beta actors had the animations housed inside. 

nope, the beta npcs used a separate file. The alpha model object_human(aria) is the only beta(alpha?) npc to have animations in its model.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.