"The Dark Man" A very disturbing dream...

Samurai

I had a very disturbing dream last night involving a being called the "Dark Man." His eyes were only sockets, but he could still see into your soul. Once he chose you, he was a shadow. He wouldn't just kill you right away, no, that was far too easy...

The Dark Man was followed closely by his undead slaves; these slaves would ensnare you with tendrils composed of skin, flesh, and bone, as if constructed by said decomposed elements.

The Dark Man would just stare at you for what seemed like days as you were ensnared. His claws ripped and tore into your flesh and you felt deep inside that he was destroying more than your body.

He would only let you go to play with you even more. No matter how far you ran, no matter how well you hid, no matter how well-armed you were, the Dark Man always had you in the palm of his dead hands.

After seven days, he would finally kill you, allowing his servants to rip apart your limbs and tear away your flesh with their mangled teeth while he would just gaze at you and somehow cause you emotional pain far greater than the pain in your limbs.

What does this mean? Perhaps he is an Onryo?

I've had this one dream that has freaked me out. The town has been invaded by these tiny little birds that aren't quite hummingbirds, but that's the closest thing I can compare them too. And I remember people calling them the Oodles and Noodles in the dream. But these birds were dive-bombing the town with their sharp beaks and killing people and stuff. I'm not sure if it was a product of watching Birdemic, but it's one of those dreams you wake up in a sweat. And I'm not even sure why, because Oodles and Noodles is probably the least-threatening name ever.

And I remember vividly a dream I had when I was about 6 or 7 years old (I'm 23 now). I was in my room and all of a sudden my toy box (and I didn't even have a toybox in real life) started opening, and this tornado of evil things came out of it. It got bigger and bigger until it swallowed my whole room. I still remember that dream and how scared I was.

The dark man dream sounds pretty awful to go through. I've never been the type of person who "knows I'm dreaming" and can just wake up, but for that dream I'd hope I'd be able to. The seven day thing reminds me of...is it the Grudge? Or the Ring? I can't remember. One of those the phone rings, and then you die in seven days.

Or maybe he's some sort of Dead Hand from bottom of the well.

I've had this one dream that has freaked me out. The town has been invaded by these tiny little birds that aren't quite hummingbirds, but that's the closest thing I can compare them too. And I remember people calling them the Oodles and Noodles in the dream. But these birds were dive-bombing the town with their sharp beaks and killing people and stuff. I'm not sure if it was a product of watching Birdemic, but it's one of those dreams you wake up in a sweat. And I'm not even sure why, because Oodles and Noodles is probably the least-threatening name ever.

And I remember vividly a dream I had when I was about 6 or 7 years old (I'm 23 now). I was in my room and all of a sudden my toy box (and I didn't even have a toybox in real life) started opening, and this tornado of evil things came out of it. It got bigger and bigger until it swallowed my whole room. I still remember that dream and how scared I was.

The dark man dream sounds pretty awful to go through. I've never been the type of person who "knows I'm dreaming" and can just wake up, but for that dream I'd hope I'd be able to. The seven day thing reminds me of...is it the Grudge? Or the Ring? I can't remember. One of those the phone rings, and then you die in seven days.

Or maybe he's some sort of Dead Hand from bottom of the well.

Now that I think of it, it was not unlike Dead Hand. However, the Dark Man was far more sinister.

About the "Oodles of Noodles" thing, it could represent a flurry of little problems in your life that, once combined and stacked upon one another, are a gigantic, enormous problem.

And yes, I would describe the Dark Man as similar to Kayako Saeki from the Grudge: that is why I thought perhaps he was some sort of Onryo, a kind of ghost composed of intense sorrow and rage, just like our undead friend Kayako...

I've had that dream recently as a matter of fact; they were weird bird-alien hybrids coming from a portal in the east.

• Like 1

I always have dark theme dreams Redeads always scared me when I was 4 I still remember siting in a towel playin OOT until a redead stared to hump me I ran away Poor Link when I came back hes was dead anyways I got over my fear last year ( Look closely you can see my homemade shield texture)Posted Image

I always have dark theme dreams Redeads always scared me when I was 4 I still remember siting in a towel playin OOT until a redead stared to hump me I ran away Poor Link when I came back hes was dead anyways I got over my fear last year ( Look closely you can see my homemade shield texture)Posted Image

I remember having a similar fear when I was a kid until one day, I convinced myself that I was fine because I had a SWORD and all he had was old, rotten flesh. SWORD FTW

So I started actively seeking out ReDeads to show how un-afraid I was of them. My, how liberating it was!

• Like 1

I have all sorts of messed up dreams. I used to dream of me and some people that are very dear to me being in danger and then I have to watch them die in a terrible way right in front of my eyes while I´m the only one who gets to survive. I used to wake up in in panic in a completely wet bed because of all the sweat while not really knowing where I was. Sometimes I almost cried because of the terribleness. (Luckily I haven´t had one of those dreams in a while)

Sometimes I dream of being all alone while being hunted by scary looking creatures that try to kill me.

But there are also a few dreams where I just wake up and say: "Huh, that was interesting", like my zombie dreams which I have quite often.

• Like 1

At this point, this thread isn't about Samurai's dream. OK GUD

I had this dream this one time, it's about the end of the world.

Me and my mother went to a birthday party for one of my friends. We get there, and...... nothing happens...... until.

All of a sudden, we start seeing nukes and missiles. Apparently, my mother and I had such great vision that could see through things. Those nukes were heading for other countries and continents like Russia (who sent the nukes) and Australia. Me and my mom were... laughing. Looking back on this dream, I would never do this, and it scares me.

So, suddenly, the nukes and missiles came our way (Don't laugh at Russia). I said, "Is that New Jersey?!" That doesn't make the least amount sense. Oh man, thinking about this is making me facepalm.

Anyway, the nuke lands and blows up. I don't much about nukes, but I don't think they blow up so slowly as it did my dream. I started to float and I turned around from the nuke and when into a Superman like pose. As the nuke started to engulf everything in America (North and South included), I said my last words: "Goodbye world and hello God". Everyone died, except Africa, they were safe (Dammit, I should have gone to Africa). 

Woke up, and after that, I nearly had a heart attack. I got out of my bed and left my room, I expected to have everything in my house destroyed except my bottom floor, but I was wrong. I was in a state in relief. I went back into my room, turned on my T.V., and waited until 6:00 A.M. When that happened, I went to my mom's room to sleep with her (I was 9, I made stupid choices when I was 9). So, I had another dream, not as you would have expected. It was on the level of Azumanga Daioh of weirdness.

This dream was a continuation of my previous dream. I woke up in my dream, I didn't have a scratch. I look next to me and I see a girl (beautiful girl at that) about my age (at the time). It seemed like I was in a taxi. I look ahead of us and I see a giant gap in the highway (it also didn't help that we were over water). I yell, "Mister! There's a big gap in the road!" But he only went faster, and faster, and faster, until...... we jumped. I had a sudden flashback to my previous dream, and looking at the highway, it seems like the previous dream happened and wasn't a dream inside another dream (Dreamception). We went off the highway (or cliff if you will) and somehow, a lower highway materializes and we land. To this day, I'm thinking it was invisible, or maybe the version that I'm typing is wrong and it was always there (and that I was afraid of dying from landing). I'm surprised that we survived and we move on.

We get to our destination and we get out of the taxi. The driver gets out too and asks us what we want to do, so I guess it isn't a taxi. The girl starts talking to me, saying, "Do you want to go to that restaurant?". I reply, "Sure, why not?". So, we go inside, and we get drinks. Me and the girl get the same drinks, in the dream I didn't like the particular drink. It came with a spoon so it must of been something like ice cream or an Italian ice. When I took a scope and ate it, some of it got stuck on my lip (some of it got stuck = a lot materialized). The girl then realizes this and starts scolding me and says, "Eat that drink off of your face!". So apparently, us humans could use our tongues to lick a bunch of Italian ice mess of on our lips, which is physically impossible. So I let out a sigh, and all of a sudden, I wake up from my dream. My mom woke me up, and ask her, "Why did you wake me up? I was in an interesting dream." And she replies, "You have school, remember?" "Ugh.", I say.

So yes, those are my weirdest, scariest dreams I've ever had, and I enjoyed sharing them!

I remember having a similar fear when I was a kid until one day, I convinced myself that I was fine because I had a SWORD and all he had was old, rotten flesh. SWORD FTW

So I started actively seeking out ReDeads to show how un-afraid I was of them. My, how liberating it was!

Redeads from WW sound like Elephants!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.