Cartoons, anime, etc. from your childhood

xdaniel

It's hard for me, because I didn't grow up with cable, but I do remember one show I ADORED when I went to my grandma's house.

Jackie Chan Adventures. :D I still watch that on netflix to this day--I love the art style of that show.

I make it a point to sort of watch a lot of kid movies and stuff, mainly because I'm interested in that genre. I'm always scouring through Netflix for the next weird-looking movie.

Man, I haven't seen either of them in ages...

I love the part in the second movie where they get all drunk and Röhrich gets blinded by getting in contact with methyl and then blows the whole place up by lighting the methyl after being all stupid and clumsy again like always. xD

I hate you, xdan. All other languages got a cool translation of the official Japanese openings. Us, in English, got the horrible Digimon themes.

As for shows I watched as a kid... I'll come back later, after getting sleep, and working for several hours. >.>

Shadow Fire you should be happy that you guys got awesome voice actors. The german voice actors could be waaaayyy better., that´s the reason why I watch animes in english.

I hate you, xdan. All other languages got a cool translation of the official Japanese openings. Us, in English, got the horrible Digimon themes.

Ohh, the "Digimon! Digital Monsters!" thing, right? Yeah, that's... yeah. Well, if it's any consolation: While the TV series were dubbed based on the Japanese version complete with original OST and localized songs, we only ever got "Digimon: The Movie", never the three movies separately (and the proper Bokura no War Game is freaking awesome <.<) nor any of the others. 

I love the part in the second movie where they get all drunk and Röhrich gets blinded by getting in contact with methyl and then blows the whole place up by lighting the methyl after being all stupid and clumsy again like always. xD

I soo need to watch them again! XD There should still be VHS tapes of at least Beinhart and Das muss kesseln! at my mom's place, I don't have a VCR tho...*checks Amazon* ...hah, there's DVDs! Think I know what I'll get next month or so...

Ohh, the "Digimon! Digital Monsters!" thing, right? Yeah, that's... yeah. Well, if it's any consolation: While the TV series were dubbed based on the Japanese version complete with original OST and localized songs, we only ever got "Digimon: The Movie", never the three movies separately (and the proper Bokura no War Game is freaking awesome <.<) nor any of the others. I soo need to watch them again! XD There should still be VHS tapes of at least Beinhart and Das muss kesseln! at my mom's place, I don't have a VCR tho...*checks Amazon* ...hah, there's DVDs! Think I know what I'll get next month or so...

I´ve got the the "Gekotzt wird später DVD ^^ I would play this game with my friends if they´d sell Bölkstoff where i live :(

I´ve got the the "Gekotzt wird später DVD ^^ -youtube video- I would play this game with my friends if they´d sell Bölkstoff where i live :(

That looks like the oddest show. Obviously, I don't understand the language, and I heard the word concentrate in it though. The goal is to have the tops land straight? And it looks like beer, is it soda/pop/coke (depending on where you live)?

That looks like the oddest show. Obviously, I don't understand the language, and I heard the word concentrate in it though. The goal is to have the tops land straight? And it looks like beer, is it soda/pop/coke (depending on where you live)?

You got that part with the goal right and what they´re drinking is indeed beer (Bölkstoff) and you can´t really say that it´s an odd movie. It´s about those three guys making a trip to the beach and while they´re on their way, one of them gets to be the king who decides what they´ll while on the way but the only way to become the new king is to wait for a certain while and then play crazy games like the one above and this one ^^: Also it´s german humour.

• 4 weeks later...

I loved watching the .Hack (or "Dot Hack") series when I was younger because of how odd everything was. The first one I can recall watching (I was probably in 1st grade) and my favorite is .Hack //SIGN:

I've actually been meaning to go back and watch all the different .Hack series for the sake of nostalgia.

To lazy to link some Youtube vids so i will just make it simple:

Digimon

Pokemon

Dragonball / Z

Power Stone

Dr. Slump

Monster Ranger

Detective Conan

One Piece (still watching, note the Anime started to air in japan Oct 20, 1999)

Chip´n Dale Rescure Rangers

Darkwing Duck

Duck Tales

Yes i have spent a lot of my childhood before the screen! and i regret nothing!

Cardcaptors, Pokemon, Code Lyoko, Butt-Ugly Martians, Rocko's Modern Life, Cat-Dog, Powerpuff Girls ( shut up ;~; ) Jimmy Neutron, Courage The Cowardly Dog, Ed, Edd, N Eddy, Teen Titans, and Rocket Power all come to mind.

And yes there was a show called Butt-Ugly Martians. The theme song is STILL stuck in my head, as well as the awkward 3D animation that was considered groundbreaking at the time.

Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers has a kick ass theme song.

Also coo-coo cola

Disney had a bunch of good series... Recess, Gummi Bears (more my older sister's favorite from back then), Bonkers, Goof Troop, Timon and Pumbaa. 

Warner Bros had Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Tiny Toons, Batman TAS, Batman Beyond.

From Nickelodeon, All That, Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Nickelodeon Guts, Kaa-blam!, Doug (before it moved to Disney), dem Rugrats, Oh Yea Cartoons (which promo'ed a bunch of cartoons that were later taken like Fairly Odd Parents, Chalkboy, Robot Named Jenny).

Jim Hansen's Muppets, The Muppet Show, Muppet Babies, Sesame Street.

Thomas the Tank Engine. This show is why there is a "I Like Trains" guy. I had such a fixation on trains that my Grandparents took me out to see some, and even got to ride up front in one.

Pokemon seasons 1-2.

Digimon seasons 1-2. 

Megas XLR

Also want to take this time to make a shoutout to one of the most spectacularly bad animated shows I've ever watched... Spider Riders. When I first heard of it I knew it wasn't going to be great, but I had to just try it out once. "What did my Grandpa [the one who everyone thinks is crazy] use to say all the time? Oh right. ARACHNA POWER!"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sailor Moon. Yes, I did watch it... I loved it.

Thomas the Tank Engine... though only with Ringo Starr as the narrator.

Care Bears Family. Heheh... I still like to watch every now and then.

Astroboy... Oh, yes... this show WAS my childhood. I still sing to the opening credits.

G.I. Joe - The Movie... while it was a movie, I just loved watching the intro. Much of the plot didn't really concern me, and I still don't remember much of it, but this intro? I STILL remember it.

The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. So many fond childhood memories.

TaleSpin. Oh-ee-yeah! :P

Katie and Orbie. One of the lesser known ones, the animation is pretty much nonexistant, but it's still good. And Leslie Nielsen narrated it.

PB&J Otter. Seriously... I loved watching it.

Swat Kats. I so had a crush on the smaller one. Man... even as a kid, I was a furry.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.