Zelda OoT: Event Flag Documentation (Just Before Zelda)

Three_Pendants

The Light Medallion is received the Moment Rauru drops it into your hands (as told by breakpointing. Zelda 64 is very oddly specific with that, only breaking with tradition when it comes to the Fairy Ocarina for whatever reason).

Now the only thing I can think of is that the "Skip" functionality is incomplete in some respects. The game gives you the Light Medallion in the Rauru Cutscene, skipping after that should not cause problems.

Odd. Yeah, I've had people watch the whole light scene, and then skip Shiek's text, and it doesn't show up.

Now, I didn't WANT the skip function in the game, but it somehow made it through my debug option edits. >.< So, perhaps I somehow edited out something else that lets people get it in that scene.

Well you can't exactly skip Shiek's text without walking out of the cutscene, which a fair player should Never do for any cutscene lest they screw anything up.

As far as the normal game is concerned you can skip past the Master Sword Draw and the Ganondorf scene, but Cannot Skip past the Rauru cutscene as in the Flash of Light when the Medallion starts to drop is when the Light Medallion is added.

I still have yet to test it on Voyager of Time.

EDIT: Tested on Voyager of Time it is the same story. 

Do Not Skip Rauru's Cutscene! I cannot stress that enough. The Medallion is received at the same point.

Yeah, for some reason, the thing where you press one of the d-pad is still in there when it interrupts the cutscene and you can walk around, someone did that with Shiek. I feel like an idiot for missing that, but I followed all the changes you're supposed to make for debug, and I guess that's one thing that stayed in. Ah well.

EDIT:

On a side note, you can't skip the aftermath of Water Temple, because the water doesn't become filled.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I think I almost have have a very good mapping of the game's save format, which helps to shape the boundaries of the event flags.

0000: "Beginning of the save format stuff"00A4: "Quest/Status Screen flags (one word long)"00D4: "Start of Scene Flags (1Ch bytes reserved per scene, do not know end bounds)"0E64: "Start of Farores Wind"0E9C: "Gold Skulltula Flags"0ED4: "Start of General Global Event Flags (Determined by the On Entrance cutscene flag)"0F38: "World Map Flags"0F40: "Start of Pierres song (360h? bytes)"1352: "End of save data"
Edit: Also the "On Cutscene" flag pattern is the following.

00-07 sets 0ED5.

08-0F sets 0ED4.

10-17 sets 0ED7.

18-1F sets 0ED6.

So for example, a flag of 00 will set the rightmost bit at offset 0ED5, setting it to 01.

a flag of 01 will set the second rightmost bit at offset 0ED5, setting it to 02, etc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.