Things that NEED to be done in Wind Waker HD

Conker

So, basically, this is just a list of things I feel need to be done; my opinion, and I am not changing it.

• Update ALL audio in the game: music, sound effects and so on. I was very upset that OoT 3D was the same old EVERYTHING as far as audio went, and I'd hate to see that repeated with Wind Waker HD.
  • Bring back the cel shading: even if the screenshots are early, I find it odd how they actually showcased the HD remake of Wind Waker, a game which is very well-known for its art style, without cel shading. That fact alone makes me think it may not even have it, and to me, that's a major no-no for this game.
  • Add more islands: more islands is, in my honest opinion, required of them to do. Don't just give people the same game but with different graphics and a higher resolution, give them more stuff to do and explore! To not do this would just be dumb.
  • Add more items/features: yeah, I need more stuff in Wind Waker to be entertained. New features are sure to be a must, most notably taking advantage of the new controller, but... why not some new minigames, or items? Let's face it: after you beat Wind Waker, it can quickly become a barren game with hardly anything to do(which is, sadly, the case with every Zelda game), so that's why this, combined with more islands, would be great. And I already have an idea for an item! Why not, through some means, allow the player to unlock an engine for the King of Red Lions, so sailing would no longer be a chore? Just a thought.
  • Do NOT ditch Tingle's sidequests: remember those? You know, those fun sidequests you could do with Tingle that required a GameBoy Advance? Well, I have a feeling that they are going to completely ditch it due to the game being on a new system and all, but wait! They'd be idiots to do so, because, the GamePad would be perfect for such a thing. I'm sure they're not even going to remove the sidequests, and may do just as I described with the GamePad, but you never know.
  • Fix the Triforce hunting quest: or, I dunno, ditch it entirely. That shit's horrible.

So, yeah. There's my list of things I feel NEED to be done. Do any of you have one?

I don't think they will put an engine in the game for the boat because you're supposed to control the wind for it. Without that there are only a few reasons to even use the wind waker

You missed the point of the item: it's unlockable. Something you earn, basically, whether it's by beating the game, or doing some really hard quest.

It's just like how Link isn't supposed to go through the whole game in his village clothes when you play through a second time on Wind Waker, but he does.

You missed the point of the item: it's unlockable. Something you earn, basically, whether it's by beating the game, or doing some really hard quest.

It's just like how Link isn't supposed to go through the whole game in his village clothes when you play through a second time on Wind Waker, but he does.

good point I guess

Good point about OoT 3D, but as for the cel shading... eh, people's preferences for this seem to differ 'round the GCN. Maybe nostalgia is getting in the way of me enjoying the new style? Either way, I can get used to it, indeed. And yes, the bloom is horri-bad.

But yeah, solid points on everything else, too. I especially love what you had to say about the islands and the Tingle Tuner(I was trying to remember its name, too, so thanks).

And as for my "Drop this and remake TP instead" bullet point, lol, that was a joke. I'm happy with what I'm getting, don't worry. :D

• Like 1

Add in the scrapped dungeons and as many of the beta things as mentioned here:

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/nintendoarticles/five-fantastic-beta-features-that-would-have-improved-nintendo-games/

(see number 3)

and

The stuff said about the game that was obviously cut out that's mentioned here:

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/nintendoarticles/hitting-an-anti-climax-five-nintendo-games-that-failed-to-reach-their-potential/

There are so blatantly cut areas in the game that need to come back, and I hope Nintendo considers adding much of the cut/beta content as to give us a truly 'finished' game.

I say they put in the scrapped dungeons and make it like a director's cut type game. And I don't think they would have to create the dungeons again, as I remember reading an article saying that the dungeons were made and put into the game, only to be scrapped near completion when the developers realized that made the game seem overbearing and long. (i'll try and refind the article that said this)

And made to make the triforce hunt not as annoying, instead of getting the charts then fishing for the pieces, have the locations that held the maps, (since Ghost Ship, fighting Iron Knuckles, etc.. was pretty entertaining and cool) but just cut out the middle man and have the direct reward be the triforce pieces. 

Definitely re-add some of the scrapped stuff like those dungeons, and that Gamecube Island seen in the concept art, as a throwback of sorts.

As for TP, yes, very yes. Nintendo definitely needs to go through with the HD update on. Twilight Princess is one of my top 5 LoZ games (No. 3 to be exact), and though the graphics on the GCN were amazing for said system, it didn't work out so well on the Wii. (The Wii port was VERY lazy and shouldn't even have been made). And of course, why not through some bonus crap in that one too? I.E. the Ordon outfit as an unlockable (dev shots showed Link with the Ordon outfit AND sword), boat fishing in Ordon (and how about making a better fishing rod? The one in TP was kinda lazy). Throw in some of those scrapped enemies. And find a way to implement the Magic meter. I was rather disgruntled that the screenshots on the box showed it, but it was nowhere in game, and only the lazy Wii port had the Green Chu Jelly glitch.

• Like 1

You're demanding quite a lot from this remake aren't you? =P

The addition of more areas/weapons will practically make this an "URA" wind waker, so to speak. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave this game the Master Quest/Hero Mode treatment, given the time frame they had.

Wind Waker was horribly easy for such a wonderful game.

I honestly suspect adding the dungeons back is more likely than a Master Quest.  After all, a Master Quest would mean having to redesign... about six dungeons whereas adding one or two ones would probably take less effort.

Because hey, keep in mind one thing.  That the only reason they ever added a Master Quest in Ocarina of Time 3D was because they'd made it back some many years ago for the bonus disc, and probably made most of it before then as part of one of the old URA Zelda games/addons.  There's no existing Master Quest for Wind Waker, so adding it would be practically like adding another six or more dungeons.

My opinion on this is that, well first off, bring back the original art style.  I don't really think that Wind Waker could be done any other way.

Second, since they already have to remaster the models anyway, they COULD bring back the lost dungeons if enough work was put into them before being scrapped.  This really depends on multiple things, such as if they were used in subsequent games, when they were made, and if they were good enough to begin with.

The problem is, even though WW is pretty much incomplete, there's a consensus that once a game is released, it's set in stone, and can't be changed, regardless of state.  This is what Nintendo upheld with OoT 3D.

Now this might change, since it appears that the amount of people that want the unused content to be used seems to be much higher than it was during the runup to OoT 3D.  Add that to the fact that while OoT was generally regarded as perfect on release, the problems with WW caused by underdeveopment were much more pronounced and obvious.  And that they actually apologized for it means that I'm sure they feel obligated to fix their mistakes.

I'd imagine that this could be done similar to how MQ was released.

Here's my opinion.

Make the game have Orchestrated music during gameplay.

Keep the HD. "Still I like the standard cel-shaded but if they can manage to pull off cel-shaded and HD then I wouldn't mind."

Do not and I mean DO NOT remove the Tower of the Gods.

Deleted areas - For the love of god, please BRING BACK the deleted areas that were left behind in the Final Project of Wind Waker. I would be so pissed if they didn't bring back the deleted areas that were left out in the final game.

Keep Tingle Island and the Tingle Tuner. I would love to see the Tinger Tuner back in action except you would have to use your Wii U game pad to use the Tingle Tuner, if they can some how manage to put an add on download on you're 3DS for the Tingle Tuner then that would be fine.

And also, get rid of that Island where you have to use you're deku leaf to race to the finish line, how the hell can anyone accomplish that? If you can pull it off then you're a fuckin Pro.

And add a side quest about the Ghost Ship, that was really interesting...

I don't really get Cel-Shading in Windwaker.I would like to see Windwaker fixed up to be a better game, because to me it captures the essence of exploration that the original Zelda had, but seeing as this is a remake I don't expect Nintendo to make any radical changes to the game being that this is a remake and all.

• 3 weeks later...

Frankly, I'm not getting my hopes up for any changes. Sure, I'd LIKE changes...but...looking at the treatment other games have gotten with a remake (oot3d was a massive opportunity to add stuff, and all they did was fix glitches and making terrible new ones appear--Adult Link in Jabu-Jabu anyone?).

Tingle Tuner has got to be a must with the gamepad though. Really, just package Tingle's Freshly Picked Rupee game with it and It'll be worth it.

I might be setting myself up for a good study flaming but I was not impressed with TP. Sure the graphics are nice, but the gameplay was clunky, the story didnt really flow well and it was "too real". If I wanted realism, I would play COD. I want fun, engrossing gameplay which Wind Waker gave us to a large degree. Skyward sword is the best in the series in my opinion because it is difficult, but not so hard to take away from the fun of the game. Plus the visuals are messy but in a good and fun way.

I would actually like to see them make wind waker a little more challenging. I think that may be why I didnt give that game as high of marks as it may deserve. It struck me as a child's game and not really for general consumption. Meh :)

all I want them to add is more places to explore in hyrule you should spend the third of the game there going in smaller dungeons to find the Triforce.  

and one of the dungeons there should be a trough back of Zelda 1 with the Zelda 1 dungeon theme playing I don't really care if it's cell shaded, I liked 

it that way but seeing the pictures I can't get my hopes up.(this is the reason im buying a wii u)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.