The 6th Generation is Near

Blaze_Uchiha420

Earlier today Nintendo announced the next Generation of Pokemon will be release simultaniously all over the world in October. I, for one, am extremely excited about the upcoming release of Pokemon X and Y. So Pokemon fans gather around and share in my joy :P What would you like to see in it? What are your speculations for what will be in it? Check this link for more info: http://serebii.net/xy/

• Like 4

Although I highly doubt it, I'm hoping to see a break from the 8 gyms and evil team plot that's long gone stale. I'm not saying they should be taken out, but rather perhaps made an optional sidequest to something else.

As for what I expect? Not sure I can say beyond the obvious stuff (ex. roller skates) without seeing more. That trailer had very little aside from "Hey, 3D Gen 6 exists!"

• Like 1

Although I highly doubt it, I'm hoping to see a break from the 8 gyms and evil team plot that's long gone stale. I'm not saying they should be taken out, but rather perhaps made an optional sidequest to something else.

As for what I expect? Not sure I can say beyond the obvious stuff (ex. roller skates) without seeing more. That trailer had very little aside from "Hey, 3D Gen 6 exists!"

I agree. While Black/White did change it up a little bit, I think they should change the plot from the usual just to keep it fresh, you know?

but the changes they made to the games have been getting better and better over time like the ability to hold items,day/night system, natures and all of the aesthetic changes they made in gen V

The vast majority of which occured in Gen II. Natures/Abilities werent until gen III, and since then all the notable changes are under-the-hood type things such as the physical/special split. The removal of poison/burn damage out of battle I'd argue is a bad thing (but that could just be because I'm a nuzlocke challenge convert).

Still, I"m not sure what else they could add without fundamentally changing the game. So I can kinda forgive them for that.

The vast majority of which occured in Gen II. Natures/Abilities werent until gen III, and since then all the notable changes are under-the-hood type things such as the physical/special split. The removal of poison/burn damage out of battle I'd argue is a bad thing (but that could just be because I'm a nuzlocke challenge convert).

Still, I"m not sure what else they could add without fundamentally changing the game. So I can kinda forgive them for that.

let's not forget 3 vs 3 battles

This new generation is the absolute best one yet. Come on at me, bros. :)

-- Transmitted by an ancient satellite from across the cosmic web. Or my cellphone, if you prefer.

I've been wanting a full 3d Pokemon game since they came out. This will be the best one yet :D And hopefully they'll have another Stadium/Colosseum/Battle Revolution style game for this one too :P

I've been wanting a full 3d Pokemon game since they came out.

*cough* http://en.wikipedia....kémon_Colosseum

Relevant to topic too, I want to see something more like Colosseum, that actually had a unique plot and main gameplay goal. Stealing Pokemon to purify their hearts and ultimately take down an evil corporation so hell-bent on making a profit that they're willing to brainwash innocent creatures into becoming murder machines to do it and there's only one gym? Yes PLEASE

• Like 3

*cough* http://en.wikipedia....kémon_Colosseum

Relevant to topic too, I want to see something more like Colosseum, that actually had a unique plot and main gameplay goal. Stealing Pokemon to purify their hearts and ultimately take down an evil corporation so hell-bent on making a profit that they're willing to brainwash innocent creatures into becoming murder machines to do it and there's only one gym? Yes PLEASE

those games were great but way too short story wise

That's essentially true of any standard handheld Pokemon game though, none of them have taken me more than two or three days to finish the main storyline and beat the Elite Four and whatever obligatory extra stuff there is to do (except SoulSilver, because beating Red demands excessive powerleveling without cheap tactics). The brunt of content in any of these games is the sidequest and/or competitive aspects of the game. Colosseum, on the other hand, took me several days to finish, and I might have just been playing slowly but it certainly felt like a longer game to me.

That's essentially true of any standard handheld Pokemon game though, none of them have taken me more than two or three days to finish the main storyline and beat the Elite Four and whatever obligatory extra stuff there is to do (except SoulSilver, because beating Red demands excessive powerleveling without cheap tactics). The brunt of content in any of these games is the sidequest and/or competitive aspects of the game. Colosseum, on the other hand, took me several days to finish, and I might have just been playing slowly but it certainly felt like a longer game to me.

The only thing that took me long in Colosseum/XD is Mt Battle. 100 straight battles certainly takes awhile.

Relevant to topic too, I want to see something more like Colosseum, that actually had a unique plot and main gameplay goal.

This! So much this! Also yeah, the new starter designs aren't exactly my favorites as usual, but at least the new visuals look decent IMO.

Definitely in agreement there... Coloseum-esq gameplay and plot + wild pokemon + free roaming and more fleshed out overworld (instead of that stupid map screen) would make for an epic main series game.

I dont think the gyms have to be completely thrown out though... just make them 100% optional.

• Like 1

Definitely in agreement there... Coloseum-esq gameplay and plot + wild pokemon + free roaming and more fleshed out overworld (instead of that stupid map screen) would make for an epic main series game.

I dont think the gyms have to be completely thrown out though... just make them 100% optional.

That is definately the right way to go plotwise

3d... what happened to sprite based?

Funny, I asked myself the same thing ever since Pokémon first hit the original DS, except it went like this:

"2D... why not actually take advantage of your new portable and make it 3D so its world can be more dynamic and alive?"

Doing it 2D would be and was the wrong way to do it ever since this series first hit the original DS.

• Like 1

Speaking of starters, when are we going to see a fighting/dark/psychic starter triangle? Or no triangle at all, just pick a nice Pokemon to start with, no strings attached? Oh right, that involves breaking 16 years of tradition. :I

Spire actually had a really good idea on this topic at here: http://spire-iii.deviantart.com/

But it involved final evolutions. It seemed solid like an excellent change. Your idea was good too. I never even thought of a dark/pyschic/fighting group for starters. They should've broke that tradition long before it started.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.