GCN Avatars/Photos

Shadow Fire

I figured I'd make this topic since, throughout a lot of my time maintaining this site, I have seen some pretty awesome avatars. So, I thought it'd be cool for us to explain the meaning behind them.

Mine is actually my emblem for Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It was adapted from an emblem shown on a YouTube video. It's significance here is that as the site owner, I am keeping a watchful eye over everything.

This is quite fun. Who would like to be next? =P

My current avatar is the character Wallace Wells, Scott Pilgrim's cool gay roommate from the aptly named graphic novel series, Scott Pilgrim. Scott Pilgrim has to be my all time favorite series of books, and out of the many great characters, Wallace Wells is by far my favorite. He's a smart ass, witty, drunk homosexual who has a distaste for pants. So essentially, he is me.

--The More You Know

My current avatar is of Marii Buratei, a character from the anime Joshiraku which is (to quote MAL's description): "An adaptation of a manga written by the author of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei about group of girls who discuss random things and usually reach an unusual or humorous conclusion that's far from the initial discussion topic."

There's no particular meaning behind it, besides that she's my favorite character from the show - she seems like a fun person to hang around with, is kinda lazy (which I can certainly identify with), I dunno, I just really like her. I usually have avatars of some of my favorite anime/manga characters just because I like them, and, honestly, because the avatars are rather easy to make - take a screenshot from an episode, add some filters, do color correction if needed, add a border, done.

Mine is of Sasuke Uchiha's Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan (Naruto: Shippuden for those who don't know). The Sharingan and all of it's forms are my favorite Ninjutsu from the series and since my username is Blaze Uchiha, I thought the most powerful form of the Sharingan was appropiate for my avatar. Hope everyone likes it :P

My current avatar is a depiction of Hannibal Lecter as portrayed by Gaspard Ulliel in the movie Hannibal Rising, my reasoning being that Hannibal is my favorite fictional serial killer. If you haven't watched the movies yet, go do it (unless you lack a strong stomach); they're fantastic.

• Like 3

My current avatar is a depiction of Hannibal Lecter as portrayed by Gaspard Ulliel in the movie Hannibal Rising, my reasoning being that Hannibal is my favorite fictional serial killer. If you haven't watched the movies yet, go do it (unless you lack a strong stomach); they're fantastic.

Or a a considerably large, fully stocked sock drawer.
  • Like 2

My current avatar at the time of this post is this:

http://i.imgur.com/tfMcO.jpg

Looks quite low quality since I lack a scanner and don't want to walk a mile to use one just for one drawing. Anyway, it's a drawing I made of princess Zelda the other night looking quite sinister, I liked it so I set it as my avatar. I'm hoping to get some stuff set up soon so that I can make proper drawings on the computer because that is something I've wanted to do for a long time.

• 1 month later...

Mine is actually a "The Last Story" (the REAL Final Fantasy 14) Walpaper. You can see the main Character Zael standing infront of the very first Boss (the Cocoon) while using the Outsiders gathering skill to lure the Cocoon to the bridge close-by.

I chose this one mainly because I didn´t have any other, but also because Zael is the kind of guy who tries to make his dreams become true just like me. :)

Moriya Minakata, from the Last Blade series. He is quiet, highly intellient, extremely skilled, independant, compassionate, (though misunderstood often), and he is known as the Moonlight Samurai; even his sword's name is a reference to the Moon. I like dark themes, the night, and the moon. That's why I chose him to represent me.

I may have been a samurai in a past life. I think of my guitar much like a samurai thinks of his sword, and like a samurai, I take practise very seriously. I think far more highly of intelligence and wisdom than sheer brute force. There's always a more tactful way to a solution than "cheesing it to death until it works right."

I am The Shredding Samurai.

Keep rockin', guys. ../

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.